PDA

View Full Version : zbox 360 new drive.

charazard4
05-09-2010, 06:24 AM
hi guys well i bought a new drive hitachi and we need to put the old key in but our old drive dosent work at all because the motor and laser are broken we bought the xbox off a carboot sale 45 quid it had a penny in the drive could this make the drive un-accesable to get the key off and into the new one ??

please help
thanks
marcus hamilton

saleem
05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
depends what drive type the 360 originaly has in it and its working state ie:does it open and close?
:)

charazard4
05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
yeah it does mate it opens and closes and its the same dvd drive

saleem
05-16-2010, 07:31 AM
then read the firmware off the original drive that is in the 360,to do that find out what drive type it is and followw the corrct method for said drive.

then get ixtreme for your replacement,put your info (key) from the firmware off the original drive into the ixtreme firmware and flash the replacement drive.

all the steps to do this depends on the type of drives you are dealing with here.

but,thems basicly the steps.

if your original drive is an hitachi you can just swap the board from the original to the replacement seeing as the replacement is an hitachi,the boards are interchangable,unfortuatley the info is not.

charazard4
05-16-2010, 03:55 PM
it just says to play put a xbox game in the xbox console but it plays cds and dvds ? im really confused as i want my xbox to play games

saleem
05-17-2010, 12:19 PM
could be bad laser but,more likely its a drive that does not have a key or the key thats there is incorrect.if its a key related problem you will have to jtag the 360 if you want to use it for games but,that will also depend on what kernel version your 360 is running.