PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption freezes on start up, or after selecting Single Player

Edge4o7
05-23-2010, 06:09 PM
So, I downloaded RDR. I've played it a few times and it went smoothly. The disc hasn't been removed from the Xbox since I've successfully played it, so it's in fine condition. The Xbox is playing other games fine.

That said, when I put RDR in... No success lol. It's as if a timer is put into effect when it realizes RDR is in my disc tray lol. If I turn my xbox on, use the bathroom and come back, it freezes on start up. If I turn my xbox on, and immediately press A to play RDR, I get to the title screen, I can press start. The 3 options at the bottom appear. I press A for single player, and the other 2 options disappear. (A Button) Single Player stays on my screen, and it just freezes up there. The guide button still works, etc. But no movement on screen and no activity for 10 mins when I went to cook some food.

Any ideas?

saleem
05-24-2010, 05:55 AM
try burning the game again,either at a different spped or on different media or a combination of both.its not the 360 as far as i know,expecialy if its not happening with other games.
:)

CalicoWomack
05-24-2010, 09:23 PM
So, I downloaded RDR. I've played it a few times and it went smoothly. The disc hasn't been removed from the Xbox since I've successfully played it, so it's in fine condition. The Xbox is playing other games fine.

That said, when I put RDR in... No success lol. It's as if a timer is put into effect when it realizes RDR is in my disc tray lol. If I turn my xbox on, use the bathroom and come back, it freezes on start up. If I turn my xbox on, and immediately press A to play RDR, I get to the title screen, I can press start. The 3 options at the bottom appear. I press A for single player, and the other 2 options disappear. (A Button) Single Player stays on my screen, and it just freezes up there. The guide button still works, etc. But no movement on screen and no activity for 10 mins when I went to cook some food.

Any ideas?

Dude, I had exactly the same problem, In fact I burned twice at 1x and nothing change... u know what I did? I rent it lol... I do not want to waste another DVD+DL lol

InsaneNutter
05-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Install the game to your 360's hard drive?

MrNasty
06-05-2010, 05:58 AM
This game is so good that it deserves to be bought not downloaded.