PDA

View Full Version : GCoS LIBOGC 2 Disc Public BETA RELEASE!

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 05:42 AM
THE 2 DISC GCOS LIBOGC BETA IS HERE! :)

REASON FOR RELEASE:
This is a work in progress release, just to show that GCoS is not dead :D
We are currently testing which games work with the 2 disc game support we have now. PSO is reported as not working, please let us know if any other games will not continue after testing.
To test, Basically we want people to boot any backup, open the lid, close it again, and tell us if it continues to work or if it throws an error.

Please give us feedback at the maxconsole forums here:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75

NOTES:
What we have here is a GCoS Public Beta. This is the first of it's kind and is libogc based. With that being said, there is NO GPL'd code inside and whatever was in GCoS 1.5 has been completely redone from scratch.

Yes this version has a similar GUI to the older versions but it has been totally reworked. This is no where near the final GUI/GCoS/featurelist!

New in this Public Beta:
- 2 Disc Games supported - You may open/close the lid on backups without a problem :)(beta!!)
- Ninjamod drivecode has been removed and we've worked in improved versions of the DRE fix and Audiofix into GC-linux cactus drivecode ;)
- IP settings saved to memory card
- SD dol launcher
- Setting of boot preference (you can boot the drive when gcos starts, or not)
- HEAPS of lowlevel stuff improved/fixed

Stuff not in here but was in 1.5:
- Disc ripper
- HTTPD
- AR stuff
- LAN Explorer
(Nevertheless, they will return in some better form)

REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA, so don't cry if something doesn't work, go REPORT IT! :)

Laters,
The GCoS Team

misterbad
01-18-2006, 08:19 AM
cool that good news

stolkien
01-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Very good!!!! I'll test it as soon as I can!!

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 11:36 AM
cool!
i just tried "megaman x collection" and "megaman anniversary collection", they both boot, and they both resume playing videos when i opened the lid while they were playing..

megaman x collection didn't like it when i pressed reset though, it froze.. and megaman anniversary collection, i opened the lid, put in another disc, closed the disc, open the lid, put my backup of megaman anniversary collection back in and it resumed! so cool.... but then when i took the disc out again and closed the lid (with no disc inside), i got a DRE.. well, it said something screwed up, please read nintendo instruction manual for more information

i'll try more backups when i get home.. g2g to school now =/

shagkur
01-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi,

just a short note to the open/close lid test while playing:
Be sure when you open the lid the game comes up with an
errormessage, like "cover open....".

But i guess that you all know allready! ;)

regards
shagkur

pyl
01-18-2006, 02:22 PM
This works very nicely - I've tried it with my backup of Skies of Arcadia Legends and Mario Kart Double Dash so far. On my first boot of Skies of Arcadia Legends it had slowdown and a couple of green lines at the top and bottom of the screen, but not on my second boot. This was something i saw in many games with earlier versions of GCOS - I guess it has something to do with the PAL/NTSC-selection.

Otherwise - one hell of a public beta! Opening the lid made it display the ordinary "Please close the lid"-message from the game, and doing so made it resume perfectly. I noticed it skipped just a little while waiting for the dvd to spin up - guess the fullsize media takes a bit more time than the game expected to get up to speed.

I'll keep using this and report any problems here. Thanks a lot, this is a wonderful first release of the new GCOS! Can't wait to see the features from 1.5 added in.

Alcatraz
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
I only test with need for speed most wanted, and it does not boot (black screen)

glimpse
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
We are currently testing which games work with the 2 disc game support we have now. PSO is reported as not working, please let us know if any other games will not continue after testing.
To test, Basically we want people to boot any backup, open the lid, close it again, and tell us if it continues to work or if it throws an error.

Please give us feedback at the maxconsole forums here:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75

thx 4 the great work, man !
;)

I've tried all 2 discs games, and these are the results:

1) Re0 PAL works BOTH discs and disc 'switch' (#2 to #1 at the very start of the game)
2) Revil1 USA works fine as Re0 (switch from disc #2 to #1 ok)
3) Revil Cvx USA works fine as re0/1; I've also tried several times to OPEN the tray in the middle of the game (even in the middle of a movie!) and the recovery was fine all the times !!

For a RE-fan as I am, this stuff sounds F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!!!
:)

4) Tales of Symphonia USA DOES NOT BOOT (neither disc 1 nor 2 boot at all)
5) MGSolid twins USA DOES NOT BOOT (neither disc 1 nor 2 boot at all)

Note: ALL discs (Ritek G05 and Verbatim TY) obviously were already tested under GCos 1.4 and worked all fine

I've noticed a strange thing, though:
Some discs (Memorex 8x +R) start as soon as you press 'A' to boot; others (Ritek G05 and Verbatim TY) require some sort of 'complete' spinning that is done 3 times before actually start: how come ?

thanks again emu kid !

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, don't close the cover too soon, please wait for it to get to a point where it says "lid has been opened, please re-insert the disc or something similar", But i guess it would still work at other places too.

This is awsome feedback so far guys, keep it up! :)

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
... I noticed it skipped just a little while waiting for the dvd to spin up - guess the fullsize media takes a bit more time than the game expected to get up to speed....

actually, I got that too, with backup of Megaman X collection on a ritek g04 mini.. it repeats a particular interval of sound.. kind of like when ur streaming games and it reads data over the network...

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
... 5) MGSolid twins USA DOES NOT BOOT (neither disc 1 nor 2 boot at all)...
I don't have disc 2 burned.. but for me, MGS twin snakes disc 1 boots and resumes properly when I open (and wait for the 'lid is open' message) and close the lid

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah cool, does MGSTS let you open/close the lid? If it does, then disc 2 should work at the swap point.

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
ya, it's 2 disc.. but i'm not at the swap point yet.... i'll let you know when I get there

oncemore
01-18-2006, 06:08 PM
sorry but can u make a vgc file for viper owners?

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Attached VGC Extreme version to the first post, it's confirmed as working :)

Watch out for memcard corruption, just take out the memcard and re-insert it as soon as u boot the game.

oncemore
01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
thx :)
that thing with mem card sux..but whatever..its a beta :P

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 08:07 PM
ok, i made it to the swap point in MGS:TS and now i'm burning disc 2 onto a mini. I'll post back here real soon, and i'll try to make a gci save file for other ppl to try...

and after, i'll try booting my other backups

edit: ok, it works! i got to the point where it asks me to swap disc, so i opened the lid, put in my backup of MGS:TS disc 2, and it loaded just fine! and then I tried opening the lid, got the 'please close lid' message, and then closed the lid (with disc 2 still inside) and it resumed, then i tried opening the lid, put in disc 1, close the lid, and it asks for disc 2, so i put disc 2 back in, and resumed as well.

oh ya, here's the .gci file of the swap point in MGS:TS.... please make a backup of your mem card first!!! when i backuped the file from my memory card, it was listed as "GGSE A4 gN2020060118000821401454688 24576"... rather than something I'd exect like.. "MGS THE TWIN SNAKES"

pyl
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
So I've tried some games - So far I've gotten a 100% success rate. All of these backups have run flawlessly, even if I open the lid, get the warning and close the lid:

animal crossing
Atsumare!! Made in wario
Donkey kong - jungle beat
Ikaruga
Mario kart - double dash
Megaman Anniversary collection

Ikaruga went back to the menu when I opened and closed the lid, but I think that's just the way that particular game works. No crashes of any kind, no problems.

I think I'll be sticking with this beta for normal use for now. Are there any particular games you would want me to test, emu_kidid?

Almost hard to believe this is a beta.

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 10:40 PM
ok, I've just booted my backups that are burned with ritek g04 minis, with no problems, and they all resume properly.... I didn't try the reset thing with any other game other than megaman x collection, which made it freeze.. Understandably, my burns of GCMTool images didn't boot, it showed "not a game disc".. i'll try the rest of my backups (of which were burned on maxells, with a crappy sony burner) tomorrow

here's the list of games I tried today:

-Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (NTSC-USA) (Disc 1 and 2, and they swap properly too, loading disc 1, and having it tell me insert disc 1, loading disc 2 and having it tell me insert disc 1)
-Megaman X Collection (NTSC-USA)
-Megaman Anniversary Collection (NTSC-USA)
-Naruto Ninja Taisen 4 (NTSC-JAP)
-Super Robot Wars (NTSC-JAP)
-Extreme G3 Racing (PAL), which boots with a scrolling screen
-Kururin Squash (NTSC-JAP)
-Mortal Kombat Deception (NTSC-USA)

Thanx emukid!! I really look forward to the next version of GCOS

NeoNight
01-18-2006, 10:43 PM
This release is only for mod chips no? Since there is no swap message or anything.

DeepBlade
01-18-2006, 10:44 PM
no, it's for softmods too... any way u can execute a dol... softmod or mod chip

with softmod, you'll have AR or MDP or PSO in the drive, but u just open it and put your backup in it

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah it's pretty cool, cause I've put it on my Qoob modchip which has problems with the lidswitch wire and it fixed it up ;)

shagkur
01-18-2006, 11:28 PM
actually, I got that too, with backup of Megaman X collection on a ritek g04 mini.. it repeats a particular interval of sound.. kind of like when ur streaming games and it reads data over the network...

This happens because we've to disable the assertion of interrupts to the CPU Bus, to not trigger the original DI interrupt handler of the game for the durration of the patched drive startup.

regards
shagkur

emu_kidid
01-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Yes, If you have used the Qoob Disc Swap feature, you would have noticed the same thing happening on some games. Also Cobra does the same too.

Gcentrex
01-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Yes, If you have used the Qoob Disc Swap feature, you would have noticed the same thing happening on some games. Also Cobra does the same too.

Very nice release :), too bad PSO refuses to load again after opening the lid :(, I tryed the qoob pro chip flash and flashed it to my chip, not as the main bios thougt, and it didnt boot:S the screen stayed black, then I booted my SD card instead and loaded the dol and it worked perfectly :).

Im guessing it works as the qoobs main bios since you said you use it, I just dont have all the files currently on this system so im not gonna delete all the files on the chip currently to test this out :rolleyes:.

Oh and does this drive code happen to actualy load a backup of PSO EP3 or PSO+?.

emu_kidid
01-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Very nice release :), too bad PSO refuses to load again after opening the lid :(, I tryed the qoob pro chip flash and flashed it to my chip, not as the main bios thougt, and it didnt boot:S the screen stayed black, then I booted my SD card instead and loaded the dol and it worked perfectly :).

Um, flash the dol to the qoob pro memory :)

Oh and does this drive code happen to actualy load a backup of PSO EP3 or PSO+?.
It's out now, so things like this can be tested :P

misterbad
01-19-2006, 04:14 AM
Ok i tested it with "Lord of the rings" and it works fine.

oncemore
01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
mount failed with my 1st game...but rebooted gc and it worked fine, but it takes longer to boot games than gcos1.5.
when i open the lid....the game just continues spining, the dvd doesnt stop.
i'm using viper extreme

edit:
i cant save my options..

ilredellapietra
01-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks Emu_Kidid!!! You are the best !! All the games that I have tried work!!
I tested: Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1,Resident Evil 4,Resident Evil Code Veronica, Metal Gerar Solid The Twin Snake,Killer Seven,Baten Kaitos, Tales of Sinphonia ITA

DaiG[O]
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
no .vgc version for "old" viper chip?... :(

ago
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi. About multidisc: i've tried RE4 (PAL) and Baten Kaitos (PAL) and didn't work.

Also some boot problems with games that work fine in gcos 1.5f.

I use viper extreme.

oncemore
01-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi. About multidisc: i've tried RE4 (PAL) and Baten Kaitos (PAL) and didn't work.

Also some boot problems with games that work fine in gcos 1.5f.

I use viper extreme.

When u open the lid the game continues working? or it shows the error message?
Can u save the preferences?

ago
01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
It continues with "insert disc 1 and close the lid" message. (i boot with disc 2)

I didn't try to save the preferences, so i don't know, sorry.

oncemore
01-19-2006, 10:39 AM
but when u r in a middle of game and u open the lid what hapens?

ago
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
ah, ok. I didn't open the lid while the game was working. I'll try it later (i'm not at home now). By now i've tried the multidisc function only: boot with disc 2 and insert disc 1 when "insert disc 1 and close the lid" message.

gusano1
01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
viper extreme don´t stop spinig when open lid.

glimpse
01-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't have disc 2 burned.. but for me, MGS twin snakes disc 1 boots and resumes properly when I open (and wait for the 'lid is open' message) and close the lid

is it a PAL o USA-ntsc version ?

mine is Usa (and does not boot at all)

madcow007
01-19-2006, 12:12 PM
emu_kidid you seem to make a point in saying "there is NO GPL'd code inside" are you just trying to get the point over that it has been rewritten from scratch or are you more or less stating that the source for the libogc version of gcos will not be released im just curious because there were a few projects that have spawned off the release of the older gcos source and im sure there would probably be some new ones if the libogc version was release however like i said im just curious

DeepBlade
01-19-2006, 12:25 PM
is it a PAL o USA-ntsc version (of MGS:TS) ?

mine is Usa (and does not boot at all)

Mine is USA-NTSC

Gcentrex
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Um, flash the dol to the qoob pro memory :)

It's out now, so things like this can be tested :P

lol, yeah I know flash the dol :P, and I will test a copy of PSO+ and EP3 well after im finished testing this server build, or after I finish adding the quest descriptions and adding color :P

Added a picture of what I doing now, thats the first of alot, and im not even halfway throught :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Gcentrex/DSC00024.jpg

alfar
01-19-2006, 01:17 PM
PAL Gamecube (FRENCH) Drive ver 8 No POT tweak No Modchip
mini DVD Traxdata (ritek G04)
GCoS LIBOGC 2 softboot with AR/MEMCARD
Game burned at 4x on Clone CD
NEC DVD+-RW ND-4550A

I've tried 3 games : 100% success rate.
All of these backups have run very good.
I open the lid, get the warning and close the lid and games resumed fine

Sonic Hero (NTSC US)
Luigi Mansion (PAL FRENCH)
Wario World (PAL MULTI 5)

Thanks a lot, this is a wonderful release !

Dirtie
01-19-2006, 02:36 PM
So what exactly is the problem with memory card corruption? I was about to test this, but I'm not going to if it's gonna stuff up all my saves.

emu_kidid
01-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Ok, Memcard corruption won't occur, just don't pick "format card" instead take out the card and re-insert it, it's a bug in that the cards won't shutdown properly.

As for ViperGC users, obviously I've set the wrong lidstatus byte in the VGC and therefore the lid = always closed. Re-download it please.

As for the source being released, It most likely won't be. And for good reasons.

NeoNight
01-19-2006, 03:13 PM
for some reason when I use this with pso it freezes at the mount screen, after putting in the disc I want to use. Also is it save to open the lid while the disc is spinning? that doesn't screw anything up?

emu_kidid
01-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Of course it is safe to open the lid once the game has booted and is showing stuff on screen. If you happen to do it before that, there will be problems if the whole game hasn't loaded, it will most likely hang.

gargiamiglia
01-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I tried it and it doesn't boot on tmbinc or ninjamod, but boots and works ok on unmodded cube.
Do i missed something?

Dirtie
01-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Also works with Paper MArio (PAL) but takes a few seconds to get running again - but I guess that's to be expected.

oncemore
01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
well, the lid open thing works great now in viper extreme.
fire emblem-pal boots ok but instead of press start screen, the disc stop spining and it gives a "cannot read game disc" error.
shadow the hedgehog-ntsc,mario power smash-ntsc, nfs most wanted refuse to boot, mount and then goes to a black screen
geist-pal, fifa06-pal,dbz buokai2, sonic mega collection and pokemon colosseum-ntsc are working great.
sorry but i'm going back to 1.5 cause i was playing fire emblem.

zeeman
01-19-2006, 11:03 PM
What about Qoob SX users? Only way to flash it will be using a .elf file. So are there going to be a .elf based release heading our way?

DeepBlade
01-20-2006, 12:15 AM
These backups were burned on maxells, they boot with 1.4 but not 1.5 (but are vulnerable to idle DRE).. and they boot with the open beta, but I get DREs...

Resident Evil 4 disc1 (NTSC-USA): DRE when I selected 'start game'
Zelda Wind Waker (NTSC-USA): DRE immidiately after loading.. didn't even show Nintendo Logo

Shadowsan
01-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Ok, well...

Our main reason for not releasing source is quite simply we've done a lot of work on it (from scratch this time) and we'd prefer it this time if people wanted certain *improvements* to quite simply ask us for them, so we can do it directly.

After the last fiasco that spawned ninjashell, we would prefer it not to happen this time.

As for improvements to come along in a later beta... expect to see a totally revamped gui, enhanced browsing features, and a bigger settings page...

Not to mention that 'gcos will do everything including cook you toast and jack you off while you play' (private joke for you old skool gcos members out there ;) )

Stay tuned, and we really appreciate your support.

Shadowsan

gusano1
01-20-2006, 02:54 AM
well, the lid open thing works great now in viper extreme.
fire emblem-pal boots ok but instead of press start screen, the disc stop spining and it gives a "cannot read game disc" error.
shadow the hedgehog-ntsc,mario power smash-ntsc, nfs most wanted refuse to boot, mount and then goes to a black screen
geist-pal, fifa06-pal,dbz buokai2, sonic mega collection and pokemon colosseum-ntsc are working great.
sorry but i'm going back to 1.5 cause i was playing fire emblem.

I have the same problem with Start War Rouge Leader (NTSC). I have a GC Pal with viper Exteme.

emu_kidid
01-20-2006, 03:03 AM
A possible drivecode bug, or the Audio not being setup properly.

Have any of you received a "panic!" message when trying to boot a game?

oncemore
01-20-2006, 03:25 AM
I have the same problem with Start War Rouge Leader (NTSC). I have a GC Pal with viper Exteme.
I have a pal gc too.
drive 06.
No panic errors :P

manjox
01-20-2006, 05:43 AM
i hope someone can make me a vgc file. cuz i can't flash it to my viper

shagkur
01-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi,

do you mean a .vgc for the old viper mod-chip?
If so, this won't be ever the case coz it wouldn't
fit onto this small 128KB flash chip :(
What we're are thinking about is to deliver a sort of
2-step-booting for it from your memory card.
Mean's by flashing/loading a small bootstrap code
which loads then the BIOS from your memcard.

regards
shagkur

ago
01-20-2006, 10:19 AM
-what's panic error??? I got "panic" message with Geist PAL.

-Multidisc is ok now :D

Drive 06, PAL Console rev1 with viper extreme.

oncemore
01-20-2006, 12:23 PM
-what's panic error??? I got "panic" message with Geist PAL.

-Multidisc is ok now :D

Drive 06, PAL Console rev1 with viper extreme.
my geist pal is runing fine in my rev1 drive 06 pal gc with viper extreme...

emu_kidid
01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes if you experience "panic!" error, it means the disc couldn't be read properly during the loading process.

Rogero
01-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi everybody, and special thanks for Emu_kidid and the rest of the GCOS team for all their effort.. I've just tried it now and that's what i found:

1- When put on MemoryCard as the level3.dol in order to load directly after the Action Replay Menu, it fails to load.

2- Loads Fine when I load it from Memory from within Samson's Menu(level3.dol) and I liked the Auto-boot option, So now I switch the Action Replay disc with the game backup just before loading it from Samson's Menu.
N.B: i didnt have time to test out Emu_Kidid's new MemoryCard Installer...

3- Games tested are :
- Zelda the Wind Waker: Loads fine and allows resuming.
- Eternal Darkness : Loads fine and allows resuming.(SoundFix's great)
- Geist : Loads fine and allows resuming.
- Metroid Prime Echos : Loads fine and allows resuming.(Screen got some
issues after resuming )

4- When loading any game with Autoboot Enabled,it scans the disc 3 times before loading it, it will be nice having it to load faster ;)

Great work guys, keep it up ( we're always glad to test your releases :) )

Rogero.

DeepBlade
01-20-2006, 06:08 PM
1- When put on MemoryCard as the level3.dol in order to load directly after the Action Replay Menu, it fails to load.

if u used ctr-gcs to inject level3.dol into your mem card, it won't work..

use format.dol to format your mem card first, and then use mem card installer 0.5 to write AR codes, level 2, level 3.dol onto your mem card...

niss
01-21-2006, 05:45 AM
all hail the programmers :D

almost all games worked on my Pal 04 cube (Baten Kaitos included). The only game that doesn't work is Fzero (ntsc); goes black after loading game screen.

Coolvortex
01-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks emu_kidid, you're amazing. So far I've only tried Baten Kaitos (PAL) with the new beta. In the middle of the game I opened the lid and didn't get any error, then closed it and as soon as I moved the controller the disc started spinning again and after a few skips everything worked perfect. So I guess it works alright. I will post the results with other games too. Thanks again. Oh and my GC is a purple PAL with bios revision 1.0 and drive model 06.

Alcatraz
01-21-2006, 07:28 AM
I tested Mario Sunshine and it works well.

Does multigames disk should work ? Because I tested one and it says me that's not a game disk.

gusano1
01-21-2006, 08:31 AM
in gc pal the games ntsc not start (black screen)

Alcatraz
01-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, it's surely why my need for speed most wanted not boot.

gusano1
01-22-2006, 10:05 AM
any solution for black screen (some ntsc games) and memory corruption :( ?

I have a pal cube with viper exteme

thaks :)

Hobbes
01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!

thats what i think. there isn't anything this bios shouldn't be able to do when it is finished. kick ass!!!

i finally got to try this out last night. i like how the graphics are so much clearer. I tried open/close like in middle of video, worked like a charm.
enter the matrix asked for disk 1, i put it in, it started the game. Awesome
i tried action replay 1.14b on a disc. for the hell of it. when it asked to close lid, it said "ERR: NO DISK" but that doesn't surprise me considering its action replay and uses completely different code.

one thing i noticed. this version doesn't stop the motor when it starts up. i haven't purchased a full size disc gamecube cover yet. i will be getting one. i found that trying to hold the rubber band back with one hand, and then take out the one disc, putting it down and finding the next disc and putting it in was a little trying as my gamecube is in a tight spot. maybe for everyone else using a rubber band to hold lid sensors back :) it would be really handy to have an option: "Stop Motor on Startup" that could be saved.

and i'm not complaining. this is a public beta forum.

Paterchon
01-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi,very thx for this great Upgrade.
i have a platinum drive08 Pal revision 1.2 Version.
I tested it with

Fire Emblem PAL -OK-
Mario Sunshine PAL -OK-
Baten kaitos PAL -OK-
Tales of Symphonia DISC1 -OK-(swap to FISC not tested yet)

But i can not save the Settings.
For what is AutoBoot ...
It is only interesting for Modchip User?Or it works with Softmod(AR+Memcard59)

Bye

Hobbes
01-22-2006, 02:50 PM
tip for new people wanting to try the ingame disk swap method quickly, put in the second disk, and start a new game.

emu_kidid
01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah next version will save settings to memcard.

gusano1
01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Solution for memory corruption and black screen?
ahh, other cuestion, a need a dol for viper extreme fix

thansk

Hobbes
01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
alright, i stuck my foot in my mouth previously, since once the drive "lid" is opened it will not spin up right away. so it isn't a hassle. it was just late at night.

i test all functions on my NTSC revision 1.1, Drive model 4

sd functions do not work so far. or at least with my setup. i am using an mmc card so not a big deal for me anyways.

iso dol loading. perfect!!

on the credits screen, the text wraps around over itself. on the two sides. and on the mounting screen text is cut off at the bottom, and i know for certain it is not my tv.

games i tried: (all WITHOUT memcard inserted in slot A)
Enter the Matrix - open/close ingame/FMV/swap to first disc working

Action replay for the hell of it. - not working

Need for Speed Most Wanted - open/close ingame/FMV working

SSX on Tour - open/close ingame/FMV working

Mutli-Boot disc, for the hell of it. -- not recognized

Mario Golf - Laser made a hell of a racket - open/close ingame/FMV working

Goblin Commander - I haven't got this game working, other than the first time after i burnt it. always DRE's. but with this, first time froze on loading screen, second time got past half way through loading screen, then froze.

Lord of the Rings - open/close ingame/FMV/swap to first disc working

GoldenEye: Rouge Agent - NOT working. this game is different. once booted the drive makes a sound like a DRE, slamming the laser. then when the lid is opened standard screen appears. But, the instant the lid is closed the game resumes. you can play while it tries to read. but the read only takes about 2 seconds and then fails, asking for the original disk.

fr.
01-23-2006, 01:27 AM
I tried Tales of Symphonia (start new game with disc 2, swap to disc 1) and it works fine. I got the same great result with RE4.

Coolvortex
01-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey I don't know if this is a stupid thing or anything, but I got an idea of something you could put in the next version of gcos, don't know if you could do it but... I was thinking about something that made the gcos code remain in the ram when you load a dol (an emulator for example) and then recall it through the reset button or through a combination of keys on the joypad. It's just an idea, maybe you'll find it useful.

emu_kidid
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Yes its one of many ideas we're trying to make a reality.

DaiG[O]
01-23-2006, 09:00 AM
I see a viper version now, so, first of all, 10x to emu_kidd. ;)

Oh well, the bad is that i see only a .dol version... there's a way to create a .vgc version and flash it as a default bios on a viper? Or all i can do is use it as a plugin of cobra 1.2?

emu_kidid
01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
try running the ViperGC version from DVD, It's still untested :(

gargiamiglia
01-23-2006, 05:56 PM

last dol remaining is ninjamod support
i'm avaiable for testing

emu_kidid
01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I couldn't care less for ninjamod, but nevertheless i will try to make it work for everyones setup.

gusano1
01-24-2006, 03:15 AM
i needed a dol for viper extreme with fix.

thanks and good work.

DaiG[O]
01-24-2006, 04:12 AM

So it can't be flashed like a "normal bios" on viper... :(
It's cos' it's too big? So the 1.5 is the last GCOS flashable on a viper? :(

emu_kidid
01-24-2006, 04:29 AM
']So it can't be flashed like a "normal bios" on viper... :(
It's cos' it's too big? So the 1.5 is the last GCOS flashable on a viper? :(

No of course not, we do not want to kill off support for any boot method, ever.

You will just need to have about 20 blocks free on the memory card and we will make an installer package which will install GCoS to your memory card then you will be required to flash a launcher application (possibly as a cobra plugin) that will boot gcos straight away from your memcard.

gargiamiglia
01-24-2006, 06:01 AM
I couldn't care less for ninjamod, but nevertheless i will try to make it work for everyones setup.

i hope the argues with ninjamod authour will not influence we customers

emu_kidid
01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes, as i just said so, It won't.

The_Legend
01-24-2006, 09:35 PM
that's great! finally I'll be able to play Killer 7 :p. but I've got a couple of questions:

1) since the game can resume, and even is it able to play the other disc, I was wondering: if I got an DRE in the middle of the game, can I open and close the lid, so the game can try to get back? it used to work to me with originals, any chances that it might work, or you can make it available?

2) after I've loaded the game, can I open the lid, change games and then reset, so it will load the other game? that would help softmodders a lot, if you can make it available, please go ahead! :D

I'll try it ASAP. I wanna see how the new "DRE proof" works :D

haki
01-25-2006, 12:19 AM
when i load this GCOS up and i put in my game it hangs at mount image can anybody tell me what im doing wrong

DaiG[O]
01-25-2006, 03:44 AM
No of course not, we do not want to kill off support for any boot method, ever.

That's great. I'll wait for a new gcos .vgc version for ViperGC.
For now, i'll keep GCOS 1.5. It's still the best, since the new Cobra 1.5 still gives me DRE with Memorex... :rolleyes:

NeoNight
01-25-2006, 07:04 AM
when i load this GCOS up and i put in my game it hangs at mount image can anybody tell me what im doing wrong

same thing happened to me I'd like to know what went wrong too.

ulicis
01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks emukidd, it works perfect in my Qoob SX boot via SD loader.dol on DCD or in mem card. I tried resident evil 1 and 4 both are fine.

Hobbes
01-25-2006, 06:46 PM

same thing happened to me I'd like to know what went wrong too.

perhaps you could elaborate on your setup, mainly your booting method. game, media, system. for comparison and for others to help you.

kel
01-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Here's some more bugs for you :)

I dicided to test all my backups with this GCOS BETA but ended up getting through about 3/4 of them, although I think that should be enough for now.

I started by finding that these games ran fine for me on my PAL DOL-001 with Viper GC Extreme installed.

RE4 PAL
Zelda WW NTSC
Sonic MCollection NTSC
Mario kart DD NTSC
Sonic Adventure DX NTSC
Crash TT Racing NTSC

I then found that these games Would not boot but just hung on a black screen although they worked fine with GCOS 1.5F.

Spyro Hero's Tale NTSC
MGS Twin Snakes NTSC
POP3 NTSC
POP1 NTSC

I then found somthing kinda interesting. When I tried to Boot POP2 NTSC it booted but the graphics and colours were a mess. Now I knew straight away what was causing this problem, it was because a certain screen format was being forced (maybe PAL) 'cause I had the same problem with GCOS 1.5F and sorted it out by selecting autodetect in the screen mode options. But because this is a beta I could not verify this as the options for forcing screen mode has not been added yet but the syptoms were exactly the same as if I were to boot POP2 NTSC with GCOS 1.5F while forcing the PAL format and as a mater of fact so were the syptoms for the games above with the black screen on boot up.

So I'm wondering if maybe all the problem that people are experiencing with games not booting that peviosly booted with GCOS 1.5F are being caused by a certain screen mode being forced by default in the new beta release.

On another note though I did have some other problems that I have no ideas or suggestions for. I'll start with the 2 disc support. I tried it with 2 original PAL games as they are the only 2 disc games that I have at the moment. They were Resident Evil 0 PAL and Resident Evil 1 PAL and they both came up with the same error. I inserted disc 2 then on the menu screen I chose new game, it then asked me to insert disc 1, which I did. But then all I got was a DRE with both games and they are originals aswell. But on the bright side I tried the thing where you open the lid while a game is running and that did what it was supposed to and came up with a message and then when I closed the lid the games worked perfectly.

Another problem that I have been having that is related to GCOS in general and not just the beta is not being able to boot my original and backup of Action Replay v1.14b. When I try to boot it it mostly won't boot at all and just hangs on a black screen but sometimes with the beta, or if use the boot original option in GCOS 1.5 with my original copy it will boot but all the colours are wrong and the menus are missing. Maybe it is something to to with the screen mode again, I don't know but it would be nice to be able to use it.

Emu_kidid: I managed to sort that problem out that I spoke to you about on IRC. The one about not being able to boot originals. Or should I say that it sorted itself out somehow :)

If anyone is getting fed up of the corrupt memory card message then just set GCOS to direct boot in the options and it will be no more. If you need to get back to the menu after setting to direct boot for some reason the just make sure that no disc is inserted and then turn on the GC and the menu will apear. You can then turn direct boot back off if you want. This will not work with the first release of the Viper Extreme beta as the lid switch passthrough thingy was not working with that. If you still have that version then just reflash with the ViperExtremeFixed version that Emu_kidid very kindly provided us with.

BTW thanks for everything GCOS team. GCOS 1.5F is the most compatable bios that I have ever tried with my GC. My thanks go to you guys for a %100 success rate and a %0 DRE rate on my backups :)

emu_kidid
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM
So I'm wondering if maybe all the problem that people are experiencing with games not booting that peviosly booted with GCOS 1.5F are being caused by a certain screen mode being forced by default in the new beta release.

We'll have to throw that option back into GCoS I guess :P

legendofphil
01-27-2006, 07:46 AM
All USA NTSC

Working:

Bomberman Generation
Cel Damage
I-Ninja
LEGO Star Wars
Metroid Prime 2
Mortal Kombat Deception
NBA Street V3
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Pac-Man VS
Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4 (Both Discs and swapping)
Soul Calibur II
Ultimate Muscle
Ultimate Spider-Man
Wario Ware
WWE Day of Reckoning 2

Audio Issue:

Ikaruga

Not Working, boots but hangs:

Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin

Might just be me

kel
01-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I just wanted to add that when I put GCoS 1.5F onto autodetect screen format all games that I tried worked perfectly. So maybe setting it to autodect by defualt instead of re-adding the screen format selector from GCoS 1.5F could be an option.

The main thing that I was inquiring about was if you had set the beta GCoS to a certain screen mode by default. If so then just changing the default to autodetect may sort the problem out or you are probably right and it would be better to add the selector back in as it was quite a good feature. Maybe over time some people could sort out a database for the games that don't like certain screen modes and then a warning for those games could be added to GCos so that if someone picked a screen mode that was not compatable with a certain game then GCos would show a warning that it was incompatable with that game. Then again that's a lot of work for something that people could find out themselves by trial and error. just a thought more than a suggestion really.

Still need to get the hang of the way these topics are set out 'cause I started my last post in the wrong place.

emu_kidid
01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Yep well we autodetect the mode now, but we don't set defaults yet. We will probably add a "high compatability mode" option which may fix these issues. Also a warning would be nice, I'll have one added in, thanks.

tempest
01-27-2006, 06:49 PM
if u used ctr-gcs to inject level3.dol into your mem card, it won't work..

use format.dol to format your mem card first, and then use mem card installer 0.5 to write AR codes, level 2, level 3.dol onto your mem card...
I have been trying installer 0.5 with no luck.

emu_kidid in THIS (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=15455) thread you mention

(This is for GCoS 1.5, The new one requires the Level3 Menu to boot)
Are we trying in vain to get P beta to autoload as a level3.dol on a memory card? Sorry if this answer is out there and I am asking again, I have been searching the forum with no luck.
Great work by the way.

emu_kidid
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
basically, GCoS P.Beta will need to have the level3.dol menu and then you will need to make a new separate installer (with mctools0.5) to place it as gcos.dol etc on the card.

So you will have AR,level2,level3,gcos on the card. (This is untested by me, maybe someone out there knows if it works)

Hobbes
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM
thats exactly how i did it, works perfect.

tempest
01-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok yes that is how I have ended up doing it as well - works fine!

The_Legend
01-28-2006, 10:54 AM
that's great! finally I'll be able to play Killer 7 :p. but I've got a couple of questions:

1) since the game can resume, and even is it able to play the other disc, I was wondering: if I got an DRE in the middle of the game, can I open and close the lid, so the game can try to get back? it used to work to me with originals, any chances that it might work, or you can make it available?

2) after I've loaded the game, can I open the lid, change games and then reset, so it will load the other game? that would help softmodders a lot, if you can make it available, please go ahead! :D

I'll try it ASAP. I wanna see how the new "DRE proof" works :D

will nobody answer my questions? :(

legendofphil
01-28-2006, 11:03 AM
1) If it works for originals it *may* work for copies. I've never seen this before so I couldn't tell you if it works.

2) If you change games and press reset, it resets to the original BIOS screen and won't boot, the only reason that it works with multi disc games is because the game tells the cube to recieve another disc and continue on from a certain point. I tried this so I know it doesn't work.

emu_kidid
01-28-2006, 07:59 PM
We could make it so that on Reset switch press, the disc spins down then u insert another backup and it loads it. But that's gonna be low priority on our list.

foldor
01-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Will this verison be supporting multi-game discs in the future? I would assume that it wont work for the multi-disc games, but I currently have many multi-gmae discs, and I still have to use GCoS 1.5 for them. Will this verison be getting the support for multi-game discs?

emu_kidid
01-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Will this verison be supporting multi-game discs in the future? I would assume that it wont work for the multi-disc games, but I currently have many multi-gmae discs, and I still have to use GCoS 1.5 for them. Will this verison be getting the support for multi-game discs?

umm this version already works with multi-disc games and yes multi-game discs in the final.

oncemore
01-30-2006, 01:51 PM
emu_kidid just 1 question...
in the final version the ppl with viper extreme and qoob will need to store settings in the memory card or u'll make a version that will save settings in the chip?
thanks

msaraiva
01-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi, first post here...but i have a request :o

Could the next version browse qoob's internal flash so i can launch any dol stored there? If so, i'll put GCoS as my main bios and get rid of qoob's one.

(GCoS is more compatible with my backups and NTSC/PAL issues - Viewtiful Joe PAL on my US NTSC Cube on my Multi System TV, for example)

emu_kidid
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Possibly on the chip.. at the moment we haven't thought about it much.

ImSoDan
02-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I use the PSO boot method, and I when I sent the .dol over, it just said "mounting image" without giving me any GUI or options. And since I didn't have time to react, it just loaded what was in the tray.....pso....

emu_kidid
02-03-2006, 04:07 AM
soon as the dol is sent over, open the lid. Should take u to the menu.

DaiG[O]
02-03-2006, 04:16 AM
I've just tried cobra 1.6... it's incredible that still there isn't an advanced dre recovery system in cobra... we are near to the Revolution release, and we r still waiting a cobra version with no DRE problems for many users... bah.
Of course i'm back to GCOS 1.5, still waiting for a new .vgc flashable version of gcos for the "normal" viper :D
Keep up the good work emu_kidid, gcos is still the 1° ;)

Tarba
02-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi guys,
First of all thank for all the people who are working on the new GCoS. As i'm explaining in this thread Problem with bleach (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=133508&posted=1#post133508), i got more DRE with Cobra bios :(. NGC model seems to be really important.
emu_kidid i got some questions for you, i looked at the 1.5 src code (since i got some knowledge in C/C++ :p) and even if i think the 2.0 src will not be the same, and i was wondering how you create you menu, i have found that you are creating it directly from code :eek:. Do you plan to make GCoS more customizable or is it impossible?? and what about a cheat menu or the possibility to add plugins like the cobra? I know it's bad to copy other but some options in their bios are really appreciated, too bad for them we have more DRE than with GCoS. Personnaly i prefer a bios which is working well with less options than one full of things but you can't use due to differents problem.

emu_kidid
02-03-2006, 05:16 PM
We will have some form of dol loading, but possibly from memcard as plugins, not as inbuilt ones.

The new version should see the menu become customizable.

chuy1984
02-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi.

Its a good new the gcos 2 works with some 2 disck games, but i have a problem:

-i have a gcos 1.5 in my mem card(original 59 blocks) and works really good, and i use action replay for runs.:)

-but i cant run a gcos 2 .dol, i need a gcos .raw, somebody can help me to find this file, or dont exist.:(

Mexico City.

Hobbes
02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
try changing the filename to gcos or gcospb. no spaces

glimpse
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
i had this problem playing the 1st disc of revil remake made on a Memorex +r 8x printable full face:

1) 1 times over 3 it dos not boot
2) During the into, at at certain point you cannot hear the music/soundsanymore: this happens at the end just before entering the mansion...

The same disc obviously works PERFECT with cgos 1.4

meep_girl
02-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a problem with the download; whenever I download the program which I want and need, Windows says "Windows needs to know what file created this program, please select if from a list." Would somebody tell me what to do?:confused: :confused: :confused: Like everyone else I'm dying 2 try this out:)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thx!:p

kel
02-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a problem with the download; whenever I download the program which I want and need, Windows says "Windows needs to know what file created this program, please select if from a list." Would somebody tell me what to do?:confused: :confused: :confused: Like everyone else I'm dying 2 try this out:)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thx!:p

That is because the files have been rarred. It is a form of compression just like the zip format but better. You will need a program called Winrar to open the archive but if I'm having to tell you something like this then I'm just wondering what you will think when you actually do get to the file inside :)

kurisu74
02-13-2006, 02:33 AM
this looks great, but i really can't figure out how to properly launch it with my viper chip.

my aim: getting to the second disc on tales on symphonia.

i tried:

* launching the gcos2.0 dol from a minidvd in cobra 1.2. result: gcos2.0 launched, but the disc with the dol kept spinning, so i couldn't insert and launch the tales dvd.

* launching the gcos2.0 dol from lan explorer in gcos1.5 (using the gcos server util). result: the dol seemed to be loaded, but i got an error and it didn't launch. other dol files seem to launch (alltho also buggy).

* launching the gcos2.0 dol from a minidvd in gcos1.5. result: error message 'this is not a game disc' (same disc i used in the the first test here, so cobra is better an disc exploring than gcos?)

can anyone explain to me step by step what i have to do to use gcos2.0 on a viper chip since flashing obviously doesn't work?

or is it possible to release a smaller bios, with the disc-swap routine, for viper chips? maybe rip out some stuff so that it is still flashable on the smaller viper chip?

emu_kidid
02-13-2006, 04:02 AM
disconnect the lidswitch patch cable from the viper and put in the original one, then just open the lid in Gcos2.0

kurisu74
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
disconnect the lidswitch patch cable from the viper and put in the original one, then just open the lid in Gcos2.0

damned. thanks for the info, but i never opened my gamecube before and i'll prolly screw it up. no idea about where i would find that original cable either.

seems i'll never finish tales then :(

ZoZo2
02-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi!

Thanks for your work emu_kidid!
I have a ViperGC, and would like to know if it's possible when you finish GCoS 2.0 that you make a light version, with these special features:
-Multi-disc
-Multi-game
-DRE retry
-Force Video mode
-No swap
-Audio fix
In short something just for playing comfortably, no LAN, no ripping, no MP3.
Just to make it fit on the ViperGC. Is that feasable? :)

Cheers

emu_kidid
02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah we're really thinking about what to do for ViperGC. Might have to make a lite, but I think a memcard bootable one for ViperGC users will be best.

DaiG[O]
02-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Imao, a lite version (just like 1.5 but with multidisc support) will be perfect.
I need nothing more than a bios that allow me to turn on GC, insert a backup and play. I really don't care about mp3, ripping, and so on... i wanna play ;)

PacoChan
02-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to add a "Force Progressive Scan" function on GCOS for PAL games, just like qoob does. I think it shouldn't be hard, because it's probably similar to the Force NTSC/PAL function. It would be fantastic that the next version of gcos had this function.

dem1980
02-20-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi,

Great update !
I m using GCOS1.5 with PSO on my 1.0 Pal GC.
I have a backup of Battalion Wars and with the 1.5 version it boots then i have a Nintendo message error.
I have tested it with the 2.0 version and it works great.
Just one notice, i have turn the lid open switch always off to be able to swap from pso disk to the backup and the 2.0 version doesnt stop the dvd to spin. Don t forgot this option for your next version.

Thank you.

chuy1984
02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
how can i put gcos2.dol file in amemory card anr run with AR???

-Its possible to run dol files without BBA??????????? or i need a raw file????

TaintedScar
02-23-2006, 08:54 AM
how can i put gcos2.dol file in amemory card anr run with AR???

-Its possible to run dol files without BBA??????????? or i need a raw file????

How are you setup currently? If you use Samson Loader for the boot menu then you can convert the gcos2.dol to a gci file and copy it to the memory card with ctr-gcs or another method such as the Memcard Installer v0.5. If you are wanting to boot directly into GCOS 2 Public Beta after you open/close the lid from AR boot such as using it as level3.dol, I haven't found a way to successfully do that. But the Samson boot menu works great with it and you can have multiple versions on your memory card to choose from!

icalledit
02-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Nice to see that multi-disc games now work!
I will try it out very soon if I can!

way to go emukidd!

Graf3X
02-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Dol-001 gamecube
SD-loader method

I was having problems playing the second to last video on Tales of Synphonia with the teaser releases of 1.5, but with this pubic beta, they played flawlessly!, and i was able to complete disk one AND swap to disk two with out any problem.

The other game backups i have worked flawlessly as well, i'll check them all out later and make a list for you.

Great job emukidd!

chuy1984
02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi.

I have a lot of troubles to put the new gcos in a memory card.

Actually i have gcos1.5 in a 59 blocks memory (using a raw image).

But now i want to have the new version in another memory but i cant, because if i use the samson loader my game cube show a black screen.

NOTE: i use the action replay method, i mean open and close the lid.(i dont have a SD adapter or somethig)

Really i need a raw image of the new version or a step by step guide to do this wihtout a raw file. beacuse i im loking in the forums and i cant find anithing to do.

Tanks and i hope to have yor help.

And Sorry for my english

México city.

attachment
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi.

I have a lot of troubles to put the new gcos in a memory card.

Actually i have gcos1.5 in a 59 blocks memory (using a raw image).

But now i want to have the new version in another memory but i cant, because if i use the samson loader my game cube show a black screen.

NOTE: i use the action replay method, i mean open and close the lid.(i dont have a SD adapter or somethig)

Really i need a raw image of the new version or a step by step guide to do this wihtout a raw file. beacuse i im loking in the forums and i cant find anithing to do.

Tanks and i hope to have yor help.

And Sorry for my english

México city.

Exactly the same problem here... just doesn't work, tried all the tools but they all assume you have things they don't provide or miss out steps (or don't explain things at all... "use a level3" ?????) ... makes them very hard to follow for newbies.

Got no problems using raw images

krskn
03-09-2006, 06:05 AM

I'm having the same problem. I am using the max drive pro softmod with ritek04 mini dvds and tdk full size dvds. My backups play fine using Gcos 1.5, gcom, and ninja shell. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

icalledit
03-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Just to keep up with everything. What the hell is the latest gcos. there's now like 37 million revisions (not nessesarily a bad thing :-P).

And on a side note. How do I add maxconsoles rss feeds to firefox. I can only download the .rss feeds which maxconsole surprisingly only supplies to integrate into your website......I want to integrate it into my browser dammit!!!! :-)

DeepBlade
03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Just to keep up with everything. What the hell is the latest GCoS. there's now like 37 million revisions (not nessesarily a bad thing :-P).

And on a side note. How do I add maxconsoles rss feeds to firefox. I can only download the .rss feeds which maxconsole surprisingly only supplies to integrate into your website......I want to integrate it into my browser dammit!!!! :-)

The latest version is GCoS 1.5

"GCoS LIBOGC (2 disc) public beta"... is not pronounced GCoS 2 (as in 2.0, up from 1.5), like some might say..

Anyways, it's a beta for trying out game that are of 2 disc, for when you need to swap them... it's also good for recovering from when you open the gamecube lid with a backup game inside.

The GCoS teasers were tweaked and enhanced versions of GCoS 1.4, and GCoS 1.4 is.. well, older than GCoS 1.5, so the two you should use and try out are GCoS 1.5 and GCoS LIBOGC 2 disc beta

For now, I would sugguest everyone just have GCoS 1.5 as their main setup.... then, using the BBA, u can upload GCoS 2 disc beta as a dol by going to http://192.168.1.32 once u load up GCoS 1.5.... having GCoS 2 disc public beta as the main GCoS you use isn't so smart since it's still a beta and doesn't have all the features as 1.5

Ky Puppy
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I was trying to use GCOS LIBOGC 2 disc to use action replay codes on a game, but I can't get the action replay disc to boot. If you were wondering I don't have a chip, just max drive pro. I can put a real game in my GC and use GCOS 2 disc to boot it and it works, but with the real action replay disc it wont, it just hangs on a black screen. In fact I'm not even sure if it boots it at all from the sounds the laser makes. I tried backing up my ar and burning it and trying with that, and its the same thing. I also tried booting my max drive disc with the new GCOS Beta, and its the same thing. I guess its datels discs somehow, I mean they are in fact not Nintendo made. I was hoping to be able to use codes with ar and then just put in a game but I couldn't get that far. I've tried using GCOS 1.5 with ar, but I can't get most of my games to work with it, either the ar messes up when you have to swap discs and it just sits there, even when I open the lid. The other thing that happens is the game just doesn't boot from ar. I know the discs are ok because I've used other methods to load them, like the new GCOS Beta. If theres anything I can do to solve this please tell me. Thanx.

Hobbes
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
@ky puppy

from my attempts, i could not make a backup of my own action replay disc. i have however tried a downloaded one. it booted up fine. but action replay is complied differently than most gc games, therefore the recent beta version of gcos can't swap in a backup disc when it asks for the game disc. only an original.

macchinmi
03-25-2006, 07:18 AM
been trying this out. works great with all pal games on my gamecube (pal drive 04), won't boot any ntsc usa games, bizarrely will boot bleach jap though! haven't tried any other jap stuff yet. less dre in general (was able to complete king kong which always dre at same point in gcos 1.5) and open/close lid working well too. this is very nice, look forward to a fully featured version.

goblinucho
03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I tried it with Metal Gear Twin Snakes. But IT doesn't work! Doesn't load the game! I don't know why it's not working cos' in GCOS 1.5 it goes well.
Can anyone help me a bit??I need something for changing Disc in Metal gear, I use SD+AR load method.
Thnxs

meep_girl
03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Okay, I've done everything possible on my GCos, and have gotten to the point where I load the ISO from the internet. I need a detailed FAQ telling me how to do this, if anyone will help! (I can't really get it on my own:rolleyes: ) Please, I really need it! Info about my PC, I have explorer but use firefox, and have a router(i'm not sure if this impacts it) Any help would be apprieciate, thx! ;)

him_valo
03-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I tried it with Metal Gear Twin Snakes. But IT doesn't work! Doesn't load the game! I don't know why it's not working cos' in GCOS 1.5 it goes well.
Can anyone help me a bit??I need something for changing Disc in Metal gear, I use SD+AR load method.
Thnxs

I'm also experiencing this problem except i boot from maxdrive pro

goblinucho
03-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Let's hope sombody help us

emu_kidid
03-27-2006, 03:37 AM
When burning, make sure that verify is on.

NTSC and PAL boot fine here so it's not GCoS's issue.

macchinmi
03-27-2006, 06:33 AM
i always burn with verify on. considering that only pal and the odd jap game boot on my pal cube using this and not one single usa game will boot i conclude something is amiss with the region code. all the games tested will load and have been played using gcos 1.5 or other loaders, if they dre they at least boot up. i can't test the two discswap because all my two disc games are usa. not an expert at this sort of stuff by any means but just reporting my findings in the hope that they can help in the development of later versions.

i had problems with the teaser versions before with them refusing to recognise media on pal drive 04, these were fixed in gcos 1.5 thanks to emu_kidid and his hard work and people reporting them. just think there is a definate problem here. with the games this does boot it works beautifully, easily the best loader yet, no dre after hours of play

goblinucho
03-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I've a Pal Gamecube, and USA metal gear solid:twin snakes. I burned it with IMGBURN and it worked in every BIOS except GCOS 2 Discs Public BETA.
I don't know why, so i was just wondering if it's necessary to use FTSFix.
Is that the problem? or maybe is my PAL gamecube that can't run USA games properly with this BIOS?
thnxs to all

DeepBlade
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
goblinucho: hm..... and it booted fine with GCoS 1.5 and/or GCoS 1.4 boot method?

goblinucho
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
yes, it booted fine with: GCOs1.4, GCOS 1.5, GCOM2.4, AnacondaLauncher v1.0. But it never booted in GCOS 2DIsc PublicBeta.

DeepBlade
03-27-2006, 12:53 PM
hm... not too sure about that then.... could be drive code stuff.. of which emukidid would know of..

but very indirect thing i could point to and blame (i'm getting a little tired of blaming it) but it could be your media.... a bad answer would be..... just use ritek g04 minis.. and could be ur burner too..... and your pot setting..

for me, i have a pioneer 109 and use ritek g04 minis and i didn't have to change my gamecube's pot settings.. but when i use the same discs on my cousin's gamecube whom he bought at launch, they refuse to load...

so just stick with what works for now.. and wait for the next GCoS to be released.. and hopefully things will be ironed out.... since GCoS [2 disc] beta is still a beta

goblinucho
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
thnxs for your help. I use Ritek G04, so the problem may be the burner: LiteOn
.I'll wait the next GCOS release.

macchinmi
03-28-2006, 08:24 AM
tried adjusting the pot, for some reason it was down at 50! of my backups all the pal ones boot, only one jap game doesn't boot (1 piece gbcr) and almost none of the usa boot. however some of those which didnt boot before now do: starfox assault, dragonball z 2, mk deception, eternal darkness, rracing e, i ninja. screen generally goes black after inserting usa backup, then some will give a 'there has been an error' message when you open the lid, others nothing. bizarre.

emu_kidid
04-10-2006, 03:52 AM
hehe well there's 4 or 5 in total but we know the issue.

It's all the games that use the same apploader as Phantasy Star Online EpI&II.. some are:
Starfox 1
Simpsons Road Rage
007 Nightfire
PSO

The weird thing is, back when cobra 1.0 was being developed and we were working on GCoS 1.5, someone hinted that these apploaders held the key to 2 Disc games.. heh, possibly what they meant was this was the issue with getting 2 disc games all working.

Thanks for your support everyone.. I guess i'd better pick up the GCoS sources again and get started then :P

khan
04-21-2006, 02:07 AM
resident evil zero does not work on this beta version? therefore i am stuck w/ just one cd playable:rolleyes:

emu_kidid
04-21-2006, 02:27 AM
PAL and NTSC versions have been reported as working.

khan
04-22-2006, 01:14 AM
PAL and NTSC versions have been reported as working.

emukidd: i always press 'A' when i have to select modes i.e. ntsc/pal.

i am pretty sure that resident evil zero that i have got is ntsc so which button should i press because with autoselect it gives me a black screen as if it can not run it.

any tips?

thankx

nxtlidenno
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Ok first off can I flash this to my qoobsx without the bba like via dvd as I do with the current qoob bios the reason I ask is if I hold the right d-pad and boot then flash a qoob .elf bios it works fine but when I try to flash an app to the bios after changing it to an elf file it just boots the elf as if it were still a dol file. Also after I do get this on my qoob bios does this new version support birect boot of apps off the sd card?

khan
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Hi all, can someone please confirm why my Tales _Of_Symphonia_USA_NGC-Rare and metal gear solid the twin snakes usa ngc - starcube don't work in public beta?

Now i am even more desparate for the GCoS 2.0:rolleyes:

toad86
06-16-2006, 05:16 AM
Metal Gear Solid on GameCube :eek: I thought it was only for Sony :p
--------

To me, this GCoS is working good :) I used to have DRE in Zelda Collector's edition (MM) always in bad time.
And my RE4 still wont work (propably because it's bad image/bad burn :p )

oncemore
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi all, can someone please confirm why my Tales _Of_Symphonia_USA_NGC-Rare and metal gear solid the twin snakes usa ngc - starcube don't work in public beta?

Now i am even more desparate for the GCoS 2.0:rolleyes:

that version of tos doesnt work for me either...

Alexys64
07-18-2006, 12:14 AM
I used to have DRE in Zelda Collector's edition (MM) always in bad time.

i thought Zelda Collector's Edition freeze at select any game, i always have a black screen after select any game. i use NTSC game maybe you use PAL game. any one know if this is true?

foldor
07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I have an NTSC version of Zelda Collectors Edition and it works perfect.

talion78
09-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Can someone help. Tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm using the "Max Drive Pro" softmod method, using a PAL Gamecube

1. Put both the files GCoS Public Beta (Qoobbios).gcb and GCoS Public Beta.dol onto the memory card.

2. Load up the Max drive Pro disc

3. Choose the GCoS Public Beta.dol from the menu.

4. Get the menu list. Put in my chosen game in this instance "LOTR Third Age NTSC"

5. Choose Boot Game Disc from the menu

6. Screen says Loading Game

7. Screen goes black, DVD doesn't stop spinning - game doesn't work

Did I go wrong somewhere? Game works fine with GCOS 1.5, any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Nocturno
09-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I haven´t tried it with many games but at least Rogue Squadron 3 and Battalion Wars work with this beta version and they didn´t work with Gcos 1.5, si I´m glad I didn´t lose the mini DVDs..