PDA

View Full Version : Brand new ps3 slims, broke before first use.

danight
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNr1CE83sxA

A common problem people seem to be having is new ps3`s slims dont work right out the box.
The Video show sthe steps he has taken to attempt to get this brand new ps3 slim to work and after many attempts with ps3 customer service still had issues.

Zeus
06-20-2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNr1CE83sxA

A common problem people seem to be having is new ps3`s slims dont work right out the box.
The Video show sthe steps he has taken to attempt to get this brand new ps3 slim to work and after many attempts with ps3 customer service still had issues.

Got any other videos? supporting links? That vid is from April 1st

billysastard
06-20-2010, 07:22 PM
That vid is from April 1st

so was sony's "fu*k you" firmware but that was all to real and then came the follow up "fu*k you but now its your fault not ours" firmware.

danight
06-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Got any other videos? supporting links? That vid is from April 1st

Nope not video... but xbox 360 just had rrod to cover all tech issues.

ps3 has:
black screen of death
yellow light of death
dead laser
dead drive
error codes

a bunch of names. Because people call this stuff so many different names its hard to find related topics.

But if nothing else have a poll from our own tech people on these forums on what issue is ps3`s biggest issue now. Clearly ps3 is not as solid as sony would like it to seem. But you can see there is a issue that ps3 is having but because of no 1 tech slang like rrod.
People dont know how to describe it.

ThreeDog
06-21-2010, 01:36 AM
The video is fake he is simply playing around with the inbuilt service mode and pretending his PS3 is faulty. I could actually replicate that on my own phat or slim lol.

PS3s do get faulty we all know that but i don't think you can prove that new PS3 slims are not working right out of the box and that its a common problem.

A poll may make sense but i can't help thinking this is a reaction to someone posting two articles on the new 360 and the article on disc shredding lol.

Keep in mind you'd want to add soft firmware freeze + brick and hard firmware freeze + brick to that list.
I'll figure out how to have a voting thread and tie it to a news post later.

TD