PDA

View Full Version : Questions About GC-Linux

lisalover1
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I am somewhat new to the Gamecube homebrew scene, and I am interested in setting up and using GC-Linux. But, I have some questions, first.

1. Does GC-Linux Require a modchipped Gamecube to run? I have heard from a few people that GC-Linux has to be run from a DVD-Mini, but I have also heard that it can be run from the SD card. I have an SD card and adapter all set up, and successfully loading homebrew, so this is the preferable option for me.

2. What is the most widely-used distribution of GC-Linux? I am having trouble finding actual GC-Linux downloads that are not actually just Wii-Linux. Is there a distribution available that has a GUI pre-installed? What is the fastest distro? Are there any Debian-based ones?

3. Can software be compiled on the Gamecube, for GC-Linux? I have a good amount of knowledge about Linux already, enough to know how to compile programs and such. So, I was wondering if it is possible to compile software for use with GC-Linux. I was thinking about compiling a game for use on the Gamecube via Linux. It is already well within the system requirements, so I think it is possible.