PDA

View Full Version : Super Noob!!!

Remy_Royale
09-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Listen, I've recently purchased my VERY first XBox 360 and its the 250GB Slim variation. I've looked around the site and see NO targeting threads about this particular model. SO I'm thinking that there's no real difference between this one and past models? Never having an XBox 360, I need to know the in's and out's of this console as far as what I'm able to do, transferring files from my computer to the harddrive cause I see it has multiple USB ports. I generally just need help with ALOT of basic to advanced things. Sorry this post is so long I'm just illustrating a general idea of how much of a "noob" I am to this. I AM however ecstatic about my purchase, please help.

ThreeDog
09-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Listen, I've recently purchased my VERY first XBox 360 and its the 250GB Slim variation. I've looked around the site and see NO targeting threads about this particular model. SO I'm thinking that there's no real difference between this one and past models? Never having an XBox 360, I need to know the in's and out's of this console as far as what I'm able to do, transferring files from my computer to the harddrive cause I see it has multiple USB ports. I generally just need help with ALOT of basic to advanced things. Sorry this post is so long I'm just illustrating a general idea of how much of a "noob" I am to this. I AM however ecstatic about my purchase, please help.

First of all it is not "hackable" if this was among the information you were seeking.
Next if you plan to transfer files use a USB stick as the latest firmware supports it.
If you have any interest in downloaded saves and so on that may require some software.

Otherwise i hate to say it but read the manual and experiment with it. It isn't that different from the existing Xbox 360 models and you're not going to break anything :)

A good start would be signing up for Xbox Live Silver or Gold and creating your avatar :)
(If you push one of the sticks in, you can have him burp!)