PDA

View Full Version : Spam

billysastard
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
its news when its so bad the board is inoperable because of it, 3d and mods have been clearing hundreds a day an still its flooding in.

seriously if zeus cant or wont do something about it pretty soon i'm out of here and i'm pretty sure i wont be the only one.

you cant use a forum when you cant tell when a thread is being replied to because every other reply is a spambot advertising fake clothing and every other thread is a spambot advertising ultra cheap electronics that you'll never get so they can steal your cc and address details or selling the cc details of people who they stole the info from in their first spams.

so come on zeus, fix the bloody problem then post that as news because it will be, in the meantime turn all the anti spam measures that for some insane reason were turned off back on and do something to stop new members (or anyone except staff) posting blogs or comments on blogs.

Zeus
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
its news when its so bad the board is inoperable because of it, 3d and mods have been clearing hundreds a day an still its flooding in.

seriously if zeus cant or wont do something about it pretty soon i'm out of here and i'm pretty sure i wont be the only one.

you cant use a forum when you cant tell when a thread is being replied to because every other reply is a spambot advertising fake clothing and every other thread is a spambot advertising ultra cheap electronics that you'll never get so they can steal your cc and address details or selling the cc details of people who they stole the info from in their first spams.

so come on zeus, fix the bloody problem then post that as news because it will be, in the meantime turn all the anti spam measures that for some insane reason were turned off back on and do something to stop new members (or anyone except staff) posting blogs or comments on blogs.

Looking into it! Thanks

billysastard
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Looking into it! Thanks

good to hear but even turning the catchpa back on will limit a lot of it as would restoring the no new threads for new members and no links for the first number of posts because onnce these spambots cant post they will go elsewhere again, look how little spam we had in the last year and then compare it to the hundreds a day we are getting now but recall even a few weeks ago we got very few then a trickle started and in the last couple of weeks this has increased to a flood, literally every time i look in here now its wall to wall spam unless i'm lucky and happen to drop in directly after 3d or max or one of the other mods have just cleaned up, if 24 hours went past without any moderation you wouldnt be able to move for fake clothing, stolen credit cards or electronics that wouldnt get delivered.