PDA

View Full Version : please help, i was coming out of factrory service mode and things have gone wrong

hotchef
01-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Using a e3 card reader i downgraded from 3.5 to 3.41 and went to leave factory mode but it failed, the ps3 green light just keeps flashing. if i tired to start without the usb the green light goes red
I backed up the usb card and re copied it to the usb stick and tried the last stage again
if i use a clean usb and just file 2 and no sys text then i get this message on the PS3
The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS buttonto try to restart the system
If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.41 or later, and press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time.
For information on how to obtain update data refer to SCE Web site for you region

my sys.txt on the card is
manufacturing updating start
PackageName = /dev_usb000/PS3UPDAT.PUP
settle polling interval success
vflash is enabled...
creating system regions...
create storage region: (region id = 1)
create storage region: (region id = 2)
format partition: (region_id = 2, CELL_FS_UTILITY:HDD0, CELL_FS_UFS)
create storage region: (region id = 3)
format partition: (region_id = 3, CELL_FS_UTILITY:HDD1, CELL_FS_FAT)
creating system regions done.
boot from nor flash...
creating nor flash regions...
creating flash regions...
create storage region: (region id = 1)
format partition: (region_id = 2, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH1, CELL_FS_FAT)
format partition: (region_id = 3, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH2, CELL_FS_FAT)
create storage region: (region id = 4)
format partition: (region_id = 4, CELL_FS_IOS:BUILTIN_FLSH3, CELL_FS_FAT)
create storage region: (region id = 5)
create storage region: (region id = 6)
Initializing
taking a while...
start Updating Proccess
UpMng.UpdatePackage() failure
manufacturing updating FAILURE(0x8002f048)
Total Elapsed time = 20255 msec

please advise what i should do
thanks

steplay29
01-26-2011, 08:24 AM
if you want to leave service/factory mode put the self file form folder 2 of your downgrader files into the upgrade bit of your e3 card reader.switch of ps3 and put the e3 into your usb port far most right one.turn on ps3 green light will come on for about 10 seconds then go red.you should now be out of service /factory mode.

hotchef
01-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Now I have E3 card reader working what's the advantage of soft mod with no dongle to 3.55?

tech3475
01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
The only advantage is that you may get a couple more days on PSN and you dont need to resign games to work from the HDD (assuming they work).

edit:

are you on 3.5 still or have you downgraded? If you have already downgraded the above still applies, otherwise I would stay with 3.5 for now since downgrading has BD issues on certain models.