PDA

View Full Version : History repeats as Sony shuts down online PC servers due to intrusion

Zeus
05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45821-History-repeats-as-Sony-shuts-down-online-PC-servers-due-to-intrustion

Xenogears V
05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
More read about Sony attack, and more this situation is redicules.

Hamsterman-SWE
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
OMG I guess the recent intrusion wasn't enough. Now the **** really started to hit the fan.:(

Almighty_Peanut
05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
hopefully it won't be down nearly as long since they probably have most of the psn stuff figured out. just a matter of adapting it.

unwanted
05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
also enough concern to think Oh $*** not again...

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
This isn't good, unfortunately I have been an SOE customer as well as a beta tester :(

shakoor_h
05-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Erm...it's still talking about the PSN intrusion.

DEDDOA
05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds to me that they realised they have used the same sloppy security on their PC servers so are taking them down to sort them out just incase

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Erm...it's still talking about the PSN intrusion.
Visit http://www.everquest2.com and you'll see the message. Sony have shut down their websites and mmorpgs.

p1nky
05-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I have the feeling that they will somehow spin this into Geohot like hacks to consoles being responsible for the data theft and then use this to get some laws passed that make hacking a console punishable by death penalty.

Just like others keep using the terrorism argument for things completely unrelated but so that a few can increase their power.

danight
05-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I have the feeling that they will somehow spin this into Geohot like hacks to consoles being responsible for the data theft and then use this to get some laws passed that make hacking a console punishable by death penalty.

Just like others keep using the terrorism argument for things completely unrelated but so that a few can increase their power.

You know its gonna happen.... they will spend all E3 telling us how hackers are terrorist. Then they will bribe everyone the can to get more laws passed so they can rape people in court. the vicious cycle continues.

Sony will cont to piss the world off and then make laws to say you dont even own your system you just have the right to rent what you buy. Whats bad is they will trick their users into supporting it. "the only was we can actively protect you and your private info is to monitor everything you do on your ps3 even with it off, thats why we installed a webcam and mic and tracking device in your ps3 as features to keep you safe, these features run in the background to not interfere with your gaming experience".

Then the elua will get updated "any mention of the word hack will result in fines you agree to pay sony up to a min of 1 million US dollars per use of the word. Any mention of modding will result in a raid and your property being sold at a auction to benefit the non profit organization of sony vs terrorism of ps3.

its early... not some of my best jokes, but i tried. Sad though you know sony is gonna go overboard with this.

shakoor_h
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Visit http://www.everquest2.com and you'll see the message. Sony have shut down their websites and mmorpgs.

Yes, but they're still talking about the PSN intrusion i.e. there has not been an SOE intrusion.

starteck2002
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes, but they're still talking about the PSN intrusion i.e. there has not been an SOE intrusion.

"We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).
We apologize for any inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience."

Where does it say 'PSN' in that lot?

unwanted
05-02-2011, 03:16 PM

no... they have had a PSN intrusion... now they have just had a SOE intrusion... now both PSN and SOE are offline because they have both had intrusions...

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 03:20 PM
The way they've worded that statement is confusing. SOE has closed their MMORPG servers for PC gamers and all related websites, SOE also comments on an intrusion and an issue discovered.

It's possible they're still talking about the PSN intrusion and are simply tightening their operation?

CZroe
05-02-2011, 03:53 PM
no... they have had a PSN intrusion... now they have just had a SOE intrusion... now both PSN and SOE are offline because they have both had intrusions...
Learn to read. They said "systems." After something like this it is reasonable to check the systems that did not suffer an intrusion to see if they are vulnerable the same way. During the course of this, they found a vulnerability that may or may not be the same used in the PSN hack. They found the vulnerability and shut it down to look for signs of it being already exploited and to prevent it from being exploited before they could fix it. If it was already exploited, they don't know yet.

Nicotine
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/

hahahahah

Hamsterman-SWE
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/

hahahahah

LMAO, you really gotta be kidding me :D

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
HAHAHAHA it only gets worse.. 12,700 credit/debit cards and 10,700 direct debit/bank details LMAO http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

Hamsterman-SWE
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
HAHAHAHA it only gets worse.. 12,700 credit/debit cards and 10,700 direct debit/bank details LMAO http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

OMG, now should we be a little bit worried about our sony branded stuff like sony earphones?
There is no stopping the hackers now.:rolleyes:

danight
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/charliechoppa/facepalm.gif

amg... sony has got to be the laughing stock of online security.

Time for Trenton and stinger to start bowing and stop throwing kaz under the bus.

msanchez
05-02-2011, 07:05 PM
On a positive note, THIS is the timeline that the PSN attacks should have had... ok that's about as much positives I can muster up for sony.

Seriously though, how incompetent can one corporation be?

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
On a positive note, THIS is the timeline that the PSN attacks should have had... ok that's about as much positives I can muster up for sony.
It probably happened two weeks ago, Sony only found it today because they started investigating it today ;)

msanchez
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
It probably happened two weeks ago, Sony only found it today because they started investigating it today ;)

Yeah, but assuming they did, the announcement came in a timely manner... instead of them just sitting on the info for days waiting for God knows what. All in all, we can't really expect them to say anything before they themselves know, but you're right... they might have known about this for weeks (even prior to checking) and just figured they might as well say it themselves before they get caught with their pants down again.

danight
05-02-2011, 08:30 PM

You think they will offer a month and a half of psn+ now? :confused: as a good will offering.

msanchez
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
You think they will offer a month and a half of psn+ now? :confused: as a good will offering.

No I heard Kaz is going to go around people's homes giving lapdances... so... uh... enjoy ThreeDog :p

danight
05-02-2011, 08:52 PM
No I heard Kaz is going to go around people's homes giving lapdances... so... uh... enjoy ThreeDog :p

Im expecting kaz to just lose it and snap.... go put a application in at microsoft walk out of sony and moon the company.

ThreeDog
05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
You think they will offer a month and a half of psn+ now? :confused: as a good will offering.More like a Free Trial for Free Realms :rolleyes:

No I heard Kaz is going to go around people's homes giving lapdances... so... uh... enjoy ThreeDog :pHoward called, says he wants lemmiwinks back.. you wouldn't know anything about that.. would you? ;)

danight
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
More like a Free Trial for Free Realms :rolleyes:

Howard called, says he wants lemmiwinks back.. you wouldn't know anything about that.. would you? ;)

amg!!!! not lemmiwinks :D

_Iori_
05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
OMFG !! SONY keep digging

msanchez
05-03-2011, 12:30 AM
...Howard called, says he wants lemmiwinks back.. you wouldn't know anything about that.. would you? ;)

UGH! I fold, you used a South Park reference first. I should know better than to get into this conversations with you.

OMFG !! SONY keep digging

If they keep digging their going to reach the center of the planet.

Robotron
05-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Funny how most websites missed this fact and are so quick (and happy) to blame "teh haxors". Sony fired over 200 people from their network division shortly before all this happened.
People who would know what to do and where to go (and probably have a few backdoors). People who would also have motive to hurt Sony. Why was this missed by everyone except a few?

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/psn-hack-inside-job-85869/

cafevincent
05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Funny how most websites missed this fact and are so quick (and happy) to blame "teh haxors". Sony fired over 200 people from their network division shortly before all this happened.
People who would know what to do and where to go (and probably have a few backdoors). People who would also have motive to hurt Sony. Why was this missed by everyone except a few?

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/psn-hack-inside-job-85869/

Thanks for that.

HugeGorrila
05-03-2011, 04:02 AM
25 million more hacked. Great job Sony :)