PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sony considering offering big money to help catch hackers?

osnoozeo
05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45874-Sony-considering-offering-big-money-to-help-catch-hackers

mattias800
05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Why does it matter for Sony? Maybe they should spend big money on building a better infrastructure instead.

bennyb
05-08-2011, 10:01 AM
you get a year free psn+ a car and a morgage in your name. COCKS

ThreeDog
05-08-2011, 10:02 AM
It's a matter of principle for Sony since their credibility has been irreparably damaged. If they can capture the hacker and make him pay it'll serve as an example. Unfortunately I don't see the logic in this thinking since internet law only applies to the little guy... See stuxnet for further information.

Hamsterman-SWE
05-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I would laugh so damn hard if Geohot hacked the system PSN to just shits and giggles.

Xenogears V
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
For sure, since they have not been able to defend even their servers.

iLLNESS
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
it wouldnt suprise me if they had an attack on them again because of this.

WoIverine
05-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I would laugh so damn hard if Geohot hacked the system PSN to just shits and giggles.

OMG that would be funny!

I don't know what Sony is trying to prove with going after hackers, again. They collectively must have serious learning disability issues. Clearly it seems they haven't yet had enough punishment if they're now offering bribes, or a bounty to find whoever did it. Sony, you have already poked the sleeping (Polar Bear, Grizzly, or Wolverine) with a stick. It has already mauled you, you really want to go there again? Yeesh, some people, or corporations (mainly their retarded management) just don't get it.

put4558350
05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
doing this might make fellow hackers some motive to hack psn ... again !!!

osnoozeo
05-08-2011, 10:35 AM
but as u guys know, 1 million bucks is a lot of money, even to the hackers! theres no friends when it comes to money and women! plus there aint nothing worse than a RAT!

Calidrifter
05-08-2011, 10:42 AM
doing this might make fellow hackers some motive to hack psn ... again !!!
they already plan on doing it...might as well.

wiggim
05-08-2011, 10:56 AM
better than investing in a logical and secure server setup I recon.

ThreeDog
05-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I would laugh so damn hard if Geohot hacked the system PSN to just shits and giggles.Unfortunately said he didn't do it already LOL

danight
05-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Sony considering offering big money

In sony language thats 1 year of psn+ access :cool:

sorry couldn't resist.

John Crichton
05-08-2011, 11:59 AM
how about everyone with a psn account adds ten dollars to the bounty? I'd do it for sure.

Jean07
05-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Hahahaha give money to sony!!!!! I already bought the ps3 there's my money and now i have a broken ps3 also cause my laser died. Sony is asking 137$ to fix it hahaha yea like they will ever get money from me again.

B2K24
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately said he didn't do it already LOL

Like he is gonna truthfully say yeah I did that so he could be put back in the courtroom lol

beterweter
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
one would think that eventualy they would learn from there mistakes...
this could lead to the downfall of the playstation brand.
never say never.

so you wanna have another go gramps...lol...

msanchez
05-08-2011, 04:23 PM
it wouldnt suprise me if they had an attack on them again because of this.

They seriously, seriously DON'T GET IT! It's like they keep tripping on the exact same rock.

TD, also... principles, and sony in the same sentence? DOES NOT COMPUTE! I also think this money is better put to use by hiring people who can actually improve the security of the network. LOL! before we were complaining about them having more lawyers than tech personnel, so what do they do? now they add bounty hunters to the mix.

Henceforth the word Sony = (FACEPALM) EPIC FAIL!, or EPIC FAIL! (FACEPALM) is also acceptable.

ThreeDog
05-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Well msanchez lets be fair here.. when jack tretton said he would give gamers $1200 for finding Playstation 3 consoles on shelves they found them... maybe it only works for everything.

chumberwumber
05-08-2011, 06:14 PM
i got a simpler solution BLAME IT ON BIN LADEN ,cuz after all when psn went down the americans found him so........

iLLNESS
05-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Well msanchez lets be fair here.. when jack tretton said he would give gamers $1200 for finding Playstation 3 consoles on shelves they found them... maybe it only works for everything.

yeah but you gotta think about the nature of finding a ps3 on a store shelf versus finding the identity of a hacker on the internet. anyone could have found the ps3s before. only a handful of people in the know are going to be able to find/leak details of the hacker responsible.

osnoozeo
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah but you gotta think about the nature of finding a ps3 on a store shelf versus finding the identity of a hacker on the internet. anyone could have found the ps3s before. only a handful of people in the know are going to be able to find/leak details of the hacker responsible.

yea but u guys remember the pc rls groups, ratting each other out and getting others busted! i see this happening as well. i mean its all about money!

iLLNESS
05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
yea but u guys remember the pc rls groups, ratting each other out and getting others busted! i see this happening as well. i mean its all about money!

this is sony we're talking about here. id suspect anyone who rats the hacker out will probably be into some trouble themselves. we're talking about guys carding. odds are there isnt a peer in the group who isnt up to some shady stuff. with sony throwing raids around just because, i wouldn't think about getting involved if i was into that ****.

osnoozeo
05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
this is sony we're talking about here. id suspect anyone who rats the hacker out will probably be into some trouble themselves. we're talking about guys carding. odds are there isnt a peer in the group who isnt up to some shady stuff. with sony throwing raids around just because, i wouldn't think about getting involved if i was into that ****.
but flt and dev were both heavily into it. and 1 ratted on the other, for fbi. just saying. i hear what your saying. but when money is involved. u really have no friends then!

iLLNESS
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
but flt and dev were both heavily into it. and 1 ratted on the other, for fbi. just saying. i hear what your saying. but when money is involved. u really have no friends then!

i always thought those release groups were just infiltrated first... perhaps they ratted on eachother to make deals to get off on charges cuz as far as i know they had authorities gain access and go 'undercover' for quite some time getting dirt on alot of the sceners.

WoIverine
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
i always thought those release groups were just infiltrated first... perhaps they ratted on eachother to make deals to get off on charges cuz as far as i know they had authorities gain access and go 'undercover' for quite some time getting dirt on alot of the sceners.

Yeah, I even heard stories about the FBI temporarily hosting a few of their own topsites, dumps, etc. just to entice / bust some of the higher up the foodchain sceners. Was a few years back though.

DEDDOA
05-09-2011, 01:26 AM
How about using big money to make the serves as secure as they can and back online as quickly as possible instead of chasing ghosts.

They aren't doing themselves and favours in the long run, they should be doing all this behind the scenes, shareholders and investors may be happy in the short term but they are doing nothing to help their public image.

lol I wonder if jack schitt tretton will be the one giving out the big money :)

capitone
05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
money money money money.......

lorenzo lamas Renegade ! :cool: