PDA

View Full Version : Article: Anonymous blamed for hacking Eidos and 80000 user details

Zeus
05-13-2011, 05:23 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45905-Anonymous-blamed-for-hacking-Eidos-and-80000-user-details

msanchez
05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
LOL! Anonymous is getting blamed for everything now... might as well throw in a new strain of avian flu and armaggedon to the mix.

Sadly Anonymous are going to have to start cracking down on these kids that are taking advantage of the situation; although, according to what I read they did crack down and that Ryan kid.

Well let's see what unfolds, I do stand behind them when they do stuff for a purpose, but can't say I very much agree when they do it for "sh*ts and giggles", or personal matters... but hey who am I to judge them?

Xenogears V
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Anonymous was in Bin Laden capture. :rolleyes:

Mr_Shizzy
05-13-2011, 08:32 AM
If this is actually true, than I hope they all get arrested.

Fudging with SONY for our rights was cool, but stuff like this is just plain criminal...

Dorron
05-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Anonymous ate my homework...

croatoan
05-13-2011, 09:21 AM
beyond a joke now, did have sympathy for sticking it to the man. Got well out of control when they hacked psn and fucked everybody up. Bunch of arseholes and no better than sony.
At least geohot had the balls to stand up and be counted

Calidrifter
05-13-2011, 09:38 AM
They were guilty ever since they started popping up in the headlines. Now anyone can use them as a scapegoat. They should have remained under the radar and truly anonymyous. Arrogance and hacking do not mix well

beterweter
05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
this is getting beyond stupidness...
a person with half a brain schould know that this is not anon at all.

well they need a black sheep so why not use them,make them public enemy number one then start worrying when they really start to anoy and attack you...lol...

John Crichton
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
yes, because Anon are Angels and bigger pathfinders than Clark Kent, and they shoot waves of cancer healing light out of their rear end holes.

Wake up, pro anons! Welcome to the real world, as evil as it is. something like a fucking digital robin hood doesn't exist.

DEDDOA
05-13-2011, 10:25 AM
yes, because Anon are Angels and bigger pathfinders than Clark Kent, and they shoot waves of cancer healing light out of their rear end holes.

Wake up, pro anons! Welcome to the real world, as evil as it is. something like a fucking digital robin hood doesn't exist.

tho apparenly a digital fuckup scapegoat now does

chrisprocter01
05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
This isn't even Anonymous, the article its linked to even says its a splinter group, dissidents who didn't agree with the general anonymous group
And by the sounds of it its a small Hacker Cell based in the UK of which this teenager Ryan is in charge

also lol at the article stating one had said he'd taken over 9000 bits of info

over 9000 is a meme.....

fail

and the fact that Anonymous as a whole has found all the personal details of Ryan and posted them online means they've dealt with him in their own way, they hacked and exposed
Now the police etc have his detail and can charge him
I would also be inclined to believe this splinter cell was the PSN hackers

ravanous1
05-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Too bad the actual site credited say's its a splinter cell of Anonymous so....:confused:

John Crichton
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Then I hope this Ryan and all of his splinter cell guys get what they deserve.

Khameleon
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
this is getting beyond stupidness...
a person with half a brain schould know that this is not anon at all.

well they need a black sheep so why not use them,make them public enemy number one then start worrying when they really start to anoy and attack you...lol...

Hey cheif if you don't know who did it, they're anonymous.

Guess they should have picked a better name huh?

winterborn25
05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
i love how ppl are finally seeing the light that this is getting stupid now... it was stupid the whole time but you all want to stick it to everyone etc...

msanchez
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
i love how ppl are finally seeing the light that this is getting stupid now... it was stupid the whole time but you all want to stick it to everyone etc...

Nope, this is stupid because it's unrelated to what the original attack was about.

Nicotine
05-13-2011, 02:47 PM
yet another company using an easy scapegoat.

fail.

winterborn25
05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
you lye in the bed you make

pinchez
05-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Could anonymous be behind the whole Brink debacle?

jase1
05-13-2011, 06:30 PM
tho apparenly a digital fuckup scapegoat now does

POOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So only NOW you finally understand after it's smacked you right between the eyes? you couldn't comprehend this beforehand when the information was presented to you on a plate, go stand in the corner and put the 'D' cap on.

Yes I did cuss you and you deserve it ...."apparenly" :p

CZroe
05-13-2011, 06:54 PM
This isn't even Anonymous, the article its linked to even says its a splinter group, dissidents who didn't agree with the general anonymous group
And by the sounds of it its a small Hacker Cell based in the UK of which this teenager Ryan is in charge

also lol at the article stating one had said he'd taken over 9000 bits of info

over 9000 is a meme.....

fail

and the fact that Anonymous as a whole has found all the personal details of Ryan and posted them online means they've dealt with him in their own way, they hacked and exposed
Now the police etc have his detail and can charge him
I would also be inclined to believe this splinter cell was the PSN hackers
Did Anonymous distance themselves from the members involved in the Gawker leak? Did they denounce it or say that it didn't fit their "hacktivism" ethos? No. They REVELED in it and posted all the details to torrent sites. All of a sudden, they care about their image and blame other doing things in the name of Anonymous as "aplinter" groups acting "out of line." Hello?! If anyone can claim to be in Anonymous, they are ALL "splinter" groups. The fact that they didn't step up as a whole and condemn the ones responsible for the Gawker leak makes them lose any sense of credibility they had for distancing themselves from things like the PSN hack and this.

msanchez
05-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Did Anonymous distance themselves from the members involved in the Gawker leak? Did they denounce it or say that it didn't fit their "hacktivism" ethos? No. They REVELED in it and posted all the details to torrent sites. All of a sudden, they care about their image and blame other doing things in the name of Anonymous as "aplinter" groups acting "out of line." Hello?! If anyone can claim to be in Anonymous, they are ALL "splinter" groups. The fact that they didn't step up as a whole and condemn the ones responsible for the Gawker leak makes them lose any sense of credibility they had for distancing themselves from things like the PSN hack and this.

According to what I've read the group that hacked gawker, gnosis, is particularly not fond of being called part of "Anonymous". One thing is true, that anybody who withholds their identity is in fact Anonymous, but the hacktivist group whom we are talking about is not to be blamed for these things... it's the same as blaming the Boston Red Sox for all assaults carried out with bats in Boston.

ThreeDog
05-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Another one that I haven't seen mentioned here is Goatse Security.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Goatse_Security_Logo.png/180px-Goatse_Security_Logo.png

Here's the info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse_Security

CZroe
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
According to what I've read the group that hacked gawker, gnosis, is particularly not fond of being called part of "Anonymous". One thing is true, that anybody who withholds their identity is in fact Anonymous, but the hacktivist group whom we are talking about is not to be blamed for these things... it's the same as blaming the Boston Red Sox for all assaults carried out with bats in Boston.
Then why did they do it in the name of Anonymous and brag about it as Anonymous and perpetrate it in response to Gawker employees challenging Anonymous?

DEDDOA
05-13-2011, 11:55 PM
POOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So only NOW you finally understand after it's smacked you right between the eyes? you couldn't comprehend this beforehand when the information was presented to you on a plate, go stand in the corner and put the 'D' cap on.

Yes I did cuss you and you deserve it ...."apparenly" :p

again a total lack of comprehension, thats nothign like the ill thought out comment you are trying to back peddle on over and over, now had I said

Eidos say Anonymous hacked us

Anonymous say someone hacked eidos in our name

Anonymous confirmed what Eidos said

Then you would be somewhere close to what you were saying and equally as open to interpretation, but way off again, just let it go you have no idea what you are talking about yourself given your clarifications :rolleyes:

My response was straightforward, he says a digital robin hood isn't needed, and i say tho apparantly a digital fuckup scapegoat is, where i the lack of clarity in that :rolleyes:

chrisprocter01
05-14-2011, 04:54 AM

but Anonymous have changed haven't they? they never even did public statements before, now all of a sudden they talk to the press

and yes thats the point all of anon is splinter groups anyway thats how it works, they chat in IRC between groups, decide what to do and vote, majority rule wins and they all do the same

msanchez
05-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Then why did they do it in the name of Anonymous and brag about it as Anonymous and perpetrate it in response to Gawker employees challenging Anonymous?

Now granted I'm just reading about it from others, as I don't remember the incident well, but the hackers were very adamant about the fact that they were not part of Anonymous; they didn't even frequent 4chan.

As far as WHY they did it, I didn't actually read the statements that led to the attack, and as I said, my memory on the matter is fuzzy. Still, both "groups" are part of the same culture, so it's understandable if gnosis felt the challenge was against all of them... one thing I do remember is their constant "bring them down a peg or two".