PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sony the target of a new and famous hacking group LulzSec

danight
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45974-Sony-the-target-of-a-new-and-famous-hacking-group-LulzSec

ThreeDog
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
"You Sony morons realize we've never attacked any of your precious gaming, right? Do you know Sony does this thing called "music" too?"

"Yeah, no, listen... listen... it's called music. It goes in your ears. It's a brilliant idea, give it a chance."

This guy is a genius... lol

wiihead2012
05-31-2011, 01:40 PM
excellent job guys, we all psn users proud of you!

John Crichton
05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
PBS came under fire when they aired a show about wikileaks.

I'm glad there is something like wikileaks, so govs and the industry can't do what they want and get away with it.

But, there is something like the freedom of speech, and if someone has a more negative opinion about wikileaks, so it's their right to tell others about it.

But hacking groups like this one can't answer with words, they answer with hacking. but this is not the language the civilisized worldspeaks. if hacking is your answer, you have more in common with people whose language ist violence. they can't argue, so they hit and kick.

if someone critizises a hacker, he has to fear about getting hacked, which means fear about his life, his family and his money, the existance of him and those he loves. hackers are hiding in the anonymity of the internet and can harm you. you don't know, which one is a "good" hacker or a "bad" hacker.

the romantic vision of a hacker that fights opressing governments for the right of everyone is no truth anymore, if someone can't freely say their opinion. that is oppressing too and not an option in a free country. So the USA is right to take it as an act of war if someone make a hacking attack. The only language these hiding-in-the-dark-people understand are measures that affect them in real life.

danight
05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
LulzSec (http://twitter.com/#%21/LulzSec) The Lulz Boat Your freedom of speech can kiss our freedom of oppression's ass. By the way, #sonyownage is happening right now - just slowly.
@

LOL :D

LulzSec (http://twitter.com/#%21/LulzSec) The Lulz Boat Sony fanboy logic: "All hacking is bad, unless you do it to Microsoft, then you're our heroes forever <3 x <3 x <3"

They do seem to have a sense of humor about what they do. :cool: Ive seen a couple websites where that logic is being used lately by some people.

SuperCaculo
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
will it ever stop? i dont know what sony can do to fix this. this is the case of David VS Goliath. David been the hackers and Goliath Sony, but david has like a +20, armor piercing, semi automatic, slingshot. poor Goliath never stud a chance.

i have never seen so much anger towards a company like this. Hey hackers do something about dose dam oil companies!!!!

John Crichton
05-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey hackers do something about dose dam oil companies!!!!

They won't do that. These companies are not as friendly as sony, if it comes to dealing with enemies. hackers know fear, too.

All they do is getting angry at something and doing something because they can. they clearly see no perspective in life, and put their anger against those who expose their weaknesses.

They're a "digital version" of the kids in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_flies

mrthong
05-31-2011, 05:51 PM
i hope they dont **** up the PSN or the PS STORE im still looking forward to my freebies they're offering as a welcome back gift. if tehy did "sony: sorry PSN is going to be down until next year"

osnoozeo
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
good, keep the heat coming to sony!!!!

JBSleek
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
No type of verbal gymnastics can explain how these scum truly do disgust me.
This is not about Sony anymore. You are hurting the consumer and that is when you draw the line. So let me get this straight you want to put your effort into Sony. I'm sure there are other good causes you could use this for, are you going to, Nope.

Your not heroic in anyway. Your not helping anyone but yourself. I feel truly bad for anyone who is a PS3 gamer. Console wars aside, gamers are the same. We all sit in front of that over-sized TV for hours trying to get all those trophy/achievements. We are the same ones who will go through an RPG for 50 hours just to try everything out. Shame that hackers have to ruin the fun of gamers.

soulbwoy
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
This is not about Sony anymore. You are hurting the consumer and that is when you draw the line. So let me get this straight you want to put your effort into Sony. I'm sure there are other good causes you could use this for, are you going to, Nope.

Your not heroic in anyway. Your not helping anyone but yourself. I feel truly bad for anyone who is a PS3 gamer. Console wars aside, gamers are the same. We all sit in front of that over-sized TV for hours trying to get all those trophy/achievements. We are the same ones who will go through an RPG for 50 hours just to try everything out. Shame that hackers have to ruin the fun of gamers.

It's a War and wars come with casualties... Sony customers chose Sony as their leader and they have to deal with the consequences of Sony's poor leadership.

waynew2298
05-31-2011, 08:15 PM
They won't do that. These companies are not as friendly as sony, if it comes to dealing with enemies. hackers know fear, too.

All they do is getting angry at something and doing something because they can. they clearly see no perspective in life, and put their anger against those who expose their weaknesses.

How much damage can you hurt an oil company by hacking their homepage? First, they don't even have any sensitive information post on their website. Second, their internal business server probably is a intranet system; unless you can physically connect to it to gain access. Third, most likely, they will hire a professional network security company to maintain their website and network, not some half-ass "security officer" who just needed to be there for taking all blames.

ThreeDog
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
This is not about Sony anymore. You are hurting the consumer and that is when you draw the line. So let me get this straight you want to put your effort into Sony.
As Sony would say: F*** the consumer. They're starting to hurt where it matters. Sony may not know what the hell is going on but their investors sure as hell do. Complaints did not work, Letters did not work, Courts did not work, Watchdogs did not work and the mindless ones spreading the message of "leave britney alone" sure as hell did not work. Having retailers do partial refunds to put pressure on Sony did not work either.

This is what they understand http://www.google.co.uk/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:SNE losses all over the company from gaming to movies, 3 billion in losses, no profit this year and sinking further into the hole. This is what works and until they understand it should not stop.

It's not like attacking music unlimited or sony music hurts the consumer anyway, they must have like five customers data to protect. People should be proud there are people out there fighting for their rights.. even if they haven't come to realise just what they have to loose if they sit there and do nothing.

I'm sure there are other good causes you could use this for, are you going to, Nope.
*edited* We are the consumers and the victims right down to being told we don't own our hardware. The people that you're talking about have worked on other causes including giving the people of Egypt a voice when they really needed it. I suggest some research rather than just wild claims.

SilverSquish
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
This is disgusting... These people are no more than digital terrorists! These "hackers" are criminals hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and should be pursued and tried as no less than armed bank robbers! I can't even express in words the douche-baggery of these jack asses!

Defend these arrogant pricks all you like, but this is NOT the way to make your point. It is illegal and immoral! A company like Sony will thrive or die on their own merit. Leave the decision up to the consumer. These renegade hackers will obviously do some damage, but will not be the deciding factor of the fate of a company like Sony or PBS.

Khameleon
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
if someone critizises a hacker, he has to fear about getting hacked, which means fear about his life, his family and his money, the existance of him and those he loves. hackers are hiding in the anonymity of the internet and can harm you. you don't know, which one is a "good" hacker or a "bad" hacker..

....lolwhat?

soulbwoy
06-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Sony deserves these attacks but this group previous attacks on PBS isn't cool. Thats an attack on free speech and expression. Free speech and expression must be upheld even if what someone says offends me.

ThreeDog
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Sony deserves these attacks but this group previous attacks on PBS isn't cool. Thats an attack on free speech and expression. Free speech and expression must be upheld even if what someone says offends me.Hey, If Tupac is alive and well, people have the right to know.

The PBS attack was said to be motivated by a “Frontline” film about WikiLeaks that was broadcast and published online on May 24. Some supporters of Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, and Bradley Manning, a soldier who is suspected of having shared hundreds of thousands of government files with WikiLeaks, criticized the film and claimed that it portrayed the two men in a negative light.Perhaps all they wanted to do is ensure a fair trial with undistorted public opinion? Wouldn't mind watching that to see what was so offensive. Maybe he is like the Steve Jobs of leakage but instead of supporter sheep he has supporter ninjas instead?

jku2
06-01-2011, 01:13 AM
These hackers are going way too far. I just recently purchased a Sony camera and Sony Bluray player out of despise for these hackers

NSTar
06-01-2011, 02:44 AM
it'll be an internet history if hackers can bring down a large company to it's knee. I would halt attack if sony publicly and sincerely apologize and change their bully behavior.

who knows, if this keeps on going, ppl will no longer trust sony or ever shop with sony again for fear of losing valuable information.

soulbwoy
06-01-2011, 05:01 AM
These hackers are going way too far. I just recently purchased a Sony camera and Sony Bluray player out of despise for these hackers

Please tell me you are being sarcastic... I didn't think it was possible that someone could be worst than a fanboy. Sony's pimp hand is Fuckingg strong!

bennyb
06-01-2011, 07:57 AM
god day for news today hope they damage them good and proper if you dont like it sell your sony while there is still a ps3 cabable playing online with

SuperCaculo
06-01-2011, 09:11 AM

I hope you know i was making a joke. right?

macca247
06-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Please tell me you are being sarcastic... I didn't think it was possible that someone could be worst than a fanboy. Sony's pimp hand is Fuckingg strong!

because you buy a particlar product doesnt make you a fanboy i buy a BMW does that make me a BMW fanboy? i'm not pledging aleigence to tha brand you doofus i have a ps3 and xbox so does that make me a psbox fanboy. Just interrested in your logic.

allenella
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I wish these hackers would hack Apple too and just for the fun of it leak all the info about all the new gadgets and softwares ahead of its release. But I wonder if MS would butt in at that time.

soulbwoy
06-01-2011, 01:49 PM
because you buy a particlar product doesnt make you a fanboy i buy a BMW does that make me a BMW fanboy? i'm not pledging aleigence to tha brand you doofus i have a ps3 and xbox so does that make me a psbox fanboy. Just interrested in your logic.

I didn't say you were a fanboy. I said you were worst than a fanboy. You went out and bought a sony bluray player and camera when there are better options as far as brands go. Its like people who go out to buy a sony hd tv when when other brands perform much better in the hd tv market.

msanchez
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
[

"You Sony morons realize we've never attacked any of your precious gaming, right? Do you know Sony does this thing called "music" too?"

"Yeah, no, listen... listen... it's called music. It goes in your ears. It's a brilliant idea, give it a chance."

This guy is a genius... lol

... WOW! these sony fanboys are relentless, how funny will it be that just for craps and giggles the lulz guys hack these guys' twitter accounts?

No type of verbal gymnastics can explain how...

While I mostly disagree with your post, this is one of the coolest expressions I've read in a while LOL!

...It is illegal and immoral!...

Well I'm sure you've heard the saying "Fight fire, with fire", right? this is sony we are talking about, the kings of both those qualities.

Anywho, these guys do bring the lulz with them, but I'm also not sure about hacking PBS. That said, I think both groups need to stop looking at hackers as defenders of anything; the people doing these things may not be the nices out there, but they are giving it to sony good and proper, that's really the extent of my agreement with what they do. Sony deserve this and more, and more power to those that are willing to give it to them.

Ironically, I think sony has bolstered the hacking community's confidence, because they are much much much more active these days... so way to go sony... LULZ!

SuperCaculo
06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
[

Well I'm sure you've heard the saying "Fight fire, with fire", right? this is sony we are talking about, the kings of both those qualities.

i am with you in most case. but the matter of a fact is that unlike what geohot did what this guys are doing is illegal. and if they get caught the law wont be able to help them much and i think and if they get in fact caught. the consequences of their actions might scare other hackers.

if i was Sony i would spend a great deal of money to find the hackers that stole the information and sue them because then they will have a real case against them unlike the geohot and that other dude i cant remember his name. sony is in to deep to back down now. if they show anny sign of weakness the hackers win.

on the other hand if i was part of this groups of hackers i would stop now they have done enough damage all ready they don't want to corner Sony to much. what if sony decide to up out the console market? that would be very bad for gaming. even dough PS3 was the worst thing ever. it provided enough competition so that Microsoft and Nintendo up their game resulting in better gaming experience for the gamers.

msanchez
06-01-2011, 03:01 PM
i am with you in most case. but the matter of a fact is that unlike what geohot did what this guys are doing is illegal. and if they get caught the law wont be able to help them much and i think and if they get in fact caught. the consequences of their actions might scare other hackers.

if i was Sony i would spend a great deal of money to find the hackers that stole the information and sue them because then they will have a real case against them unlike the geohot and that other dude i cant remember his name. sony is in to deep to back down now. if they show anny sign of weakness the hackers win.

on the other hand if i was part of this groups of hackers i would stop now they have done enough damage all ready they don't want to corner Sony to much. what if sony decide to up out the console market? that would be very bad for gaming. even dough PS3 was the worst thing ever. it provided enough competition so that Microsoft and Nintendo up their game resulting in better gaming experience for the gamers.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it's legal, or right to do what they are doing... all I'm saying is that if those things bother us than all the more we should be bothered by sony (many other companies as well, but that's a different topic).

Sony painted a big bullseye on their back, so it's not only hackers groups that do care about consumer protection that are attacking them, but any hacker group that wants 15 mins of fame. Should sony back down and show weakness? maybe that's not a good idea... but I'll tell you what's definitely not too smart... continuing to piss off the people that have owned them for the past few months.

To be perfectly honest, I would love for the ps3 to be sony's last console... sorry, but that's how I feel. I feel their presence has been more detrimental, than helpful this gen. Don't worry, if they do exit the market (probably wishfull thinking) then somebody will replace them sooner rather than later. The gaming industry is brings in a lot of $$$$ you can be sure there's a lot of other companies that want in, but realize that at the moment the market for new consoles is saturated.

cboushell
06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
will it ever stop? i dont know what sony can do to fix this. this is the case of David VS Goliath. David been the hackers and Goliath Sony, but david has like a +20, armor piercing, semi automatic, slingshot. poor Goliath never stud a chance.

i have never seen so much anger towards a company like this. Hey hackers do something about dose dam oil companies!!!!

And if that happens, hopefully not, enjoy walking to work(doubt you have a job, if you did you would realize oil is the life blood of all modern economic systems) and everywhere else you go. What is your problem with the oil companies? Let me guess, profits? If your problem with companies is profit you should certainly have a problem with just about every tech comp. as their profits compared to expenditures, true profits that would be are far higher than any oil comp. could ever hope for. Fact is most states make more off of a gallon of gas than the oil comp. that had to invest in R&D, equipment, employees(yes they create jobs), extraction, refining, and transportation of said product. Were it not for profits none of you would have a job! If you have a problem with profits than you should be working for free for your employer, how could you justify making a profit for your work?

danight
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
There is also some very good to come out of this hacking sony stuff. In the US and maybe other countries as well, laws may be passed to enforce how long companies can store private data as well as how they protect user data. Im personally happy about this.

Not just sony but other companies will have to up their game to protect users which should make users data more secure as well as making it safer to shop online. Even though ill never shop online with sony ever again.

Ive been on the net way to long i guess. I dont trust any site. But thanks to these hackers, people of this gen are seeing how unsafe the net really is. Kids take the net for granted and so do some parents. Its not safe. Some of the safest people on the net are probably the hackers because they understand how everything works.

But some people look at whats going on as either the cup is half full or half empty. I look at a cup and see something in it. I see the bad that could of happened as well as what has happened because of what happened (if that makes sense).

somebody will replace them sooner rather than later. The gaming industry is brings in a lot of $$$$ you can be sure there's a lot of other companies that want in, but realize that at the moment the market for new consoles is saturated.

Its Apple and google. All 3 sony nitnedo and microsoft better watch out for them. They are coming sooner then people think and both are major players that rival Microsoft. Sony and Nintendo have the financial resources to combat them. Sony has tried and failed.
Sony fans think the world revolves around sony nintendo and microsoft for gaming. But in truth all those consoles are is baby pc`s with a os that loads games. Right now both goole and apple have the fan base, potential and financial backing to enter the gaming market and be serious players.

People might doubt that and think im hating. But i have said since day 1 of redbox and since microsoft got netflix and gamefly that the entire market is changing and it did. Now watch as everyone has a driod, win 7 phone or iphone in their pocket or smart phone and think how much portable gaming could change in a blink of a eye. Same could happen with console gaming.

Remember pirate bay, napster, limewire and all those other pirate things that where supposedly killing the business? All of them are dead and gone and the business is still dying, not because of pirates or hackers but the business model behind them is ancient. ex we need blu-ray to replace dvd for 6x better pic but how long has cd`s been on the market? Look at how people buy music these days like on itunes (innovated from a hacker idea, that also helped sell a butt load of mp3 players).

My point in all this is simple... Sony is hurting Sony. Sony failed to learn and grow and change with the times. Sony came online and went to war with the smartest people online. Hackers exposed sony crap security. While we might not agree with what hackers did, we are a lot smarter and many people have opened their eyes because it did happen. Even apple, microsoft and google dont go sailing into hacker waters just looking for wars.

Since trenton stringer and kaz have been running things... playstation has sucked butt. Its sad that time after time time, We say "it cant get any worse for sony or this is a all time low" yet some how they find a way to make it worse. This has gotten so big that not just 1 or 2 sites talk about this stuff. Its on every gaming site and some non gaming sites as well as news sites.

Whats even worse is E3 is almost here and you have a hacker group targeting you and they have a sense of humor. While they might not go after the biggest prize target, who knows what they may do for lulz.

borbeatss
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM

So blind to the real issue....

msanchez
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
@danight
Oh shut up you big xbot LOL!
You did mention my one fear if sony were to bless the gaming industry with their absence, and that is that apple becomes a player... could you imagine the new levels of fanboy-ism that will be reached once they come in? It's going to be a DERP-fest, a f*cking DERP-fest I tell you.

The hacks do really have good and bad to them, info leaks aside, the hacks have made hackers reach a certain level of notoriety which a lot of people will not interpret really well. Suffice it to say, that for the next few years none of us should say "Yeah, I hacked my console to do this, that, etc" because if someone over hears us they'll call the FBI, the CIA, NSA, Interpol, and the Justice League on the big bad hacker, so I think that most of those that lack knowledge in the matter will assume hack = evil terrorist (for proof just read some comments)

On the other hand, if companies trace the root of this matter, then you can be sure they will think it over quite a few times before they decide to screw their customers' rights. Who would have thought that the little pebble that was the removal of OtherOS would turn into such an unforgiving avalanche? I reckon even apple will think twice about pulling similar stunts.

I agree that the three amigos need to be put down like a little puppy that was run over by a car and has no way of surviving. As bad as it may be for him in Atari now, I'm betting Phil Harrison is glad he abandoned ship, same for Crazy Ken.

SuperCaculo
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
And if that happens, hopefully not, enjoy walking to work(doubt you have a job, if you did you would realize oil is the life blood of all modern economic systems) and everywhere else you go. What is your problem with the oil companies? Let me guess, profits? If your problem with companies is profit you should certainly have a problem with just about every tech comp. as their profits compared to expenditures, true profits that would be are far higher than any oil comp. could ever hope for. Fact is most states make more off of a gallon of gas than the oil comp. that had to invest in R&D, equipment, employees(yes they create jobs), extraction, refining, and transportation of said product. Were it not for profits none of you would have a job! If you have a problem with profits than you should be working for free for your employer, how could you justify making a profit for your work?

look dude like i stated before i was making a joke. but lets look at the facts

fact one.

the top 6 oil companies made 38 billions of dollars of PROFIT in their first quarter in 2011.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/29/news/companies/big-oil-gas-price-response/index.htm

fact two

this same companies get billions on us dollars on subsidies from our government

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/19/senate-votes-down-bill-to-end-oil-company-subsidies-see-how-the/

this companies are not running a business for profit, they are running a monopoly to make every cent they can out of the necessity of people like you or me. i don't think anyone should work for free as that is the stupid thing to do. but that argument is the biggest cup out of them all. by no means this companies should be able to charge as much as they do and get help from the government with the profits that they make more than 100 billion dollars a year.

and don't give me the crap that tech companies make more profit because its just not happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_by_revenue

msanchez
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
(Stealthily approaches SuperCaculo and.... holds him down)

HURRY YOU S.O.Bs, SOMEONE SHOOT HIM WITH A TRANQUILIZER DART NOW!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

MicroNut
06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
...and the Justice League...
that one brought tears to my eyes... thank you

msanchez
06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
that one brought tears to my eyes... thank you

We aim to please :D ... do we have like any girls on the site? cause I'd mean that much more in that case :cool:

DEDDOA
06-02-2011, 06:05 AM

Really, how will that do anything to them, all you have done is put money in Sonys pocket and recieve more of their over priced under performing crap, I bet over half what you paid was just for the Sony badges. All you have done is announced that even tho you know, and how could you not if you have an ounce of common sense, that Sony have treated customers like crap this gen, but you will still support them out of some missplaced loyalty :rolleyes:

Anyway carry onthe hacks I say, this doesn't just teach Sony not to treat customers like crap, it has a much wider effect, how many other similar companies do you honestly think are not worried about this happening to them if they do the same as sony? Not many if any I bet. It's like beating up a bully, you don't have to kick the crap out of all of them, just one or two and the rest know your not an easy target and start being better behaved to you.

Oh yes Sony has been a bully no doubts about that and now they are hurting, and should they have any sense are devising a new policy on dealling with situations like this in future that get the job done but don't end up giving them a bloody nose and 2 black eye's.

xxsnipexx
06-02-2011, 10:54 AM
This is disgusting... These people are no more than digital terrorists! These "hackers" are criminals hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and should be pursued and tried as no less than armed bank robbers! I can't even express in words the douche-baggery of these jack asses!

Defend these arrogant pricks all you like, but this is NOT the way to make your point. It is illegal and immoral! A company like Sony will thrive or die on their own merit. Leave the decision up to the consumer. These renegade hackers will obviously do some damage, but will not be the deciding factor of the fate of a company like Sony or PBS.

Multimillion dollar corps. who can't secure their networks and systems clearly shouldn't be able to have them in the first place.

After thinking about your statement for 5-10 minutes, I lost it. Security breaches are the lack of research and proof of human error that exists in software. Just because someone who has talent to pull of a attack shouldn't be blamed. Isn't the attack just proving that your trust in a company or service doesn't mean ****, and your personal information is at stake?

Let it be for the good, bad, or rebellion, people can and will breach websites. People nowadays are very ignorant when it comes to the ethnics of hacking and why attacks are carried out.

cboushell
06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
look dude like i stated before i was making a joke. but lets look at the facts

fact one.

the top 6 oil companies made 38 billions of dollars of PROFIT in their first quarter in 2011.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/29/news/companies/big-oil-gas-price-response/index.htm

fact two

this same companies get billions on us dollars on subsidies from our government

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/19/senate-votes-down-bill-to-end-oil-company-subsidies-see-how-the/

this companies are not running a business for profit, they are running a monopoly to make every cent they can out of the necessity of people like you or me. i don't think anyone should work for free as that is the stupid thing to do. but that argument is the biggest cup out of them all. by no means this companies should be able to charge as much as they do and get help from the government with the profits that they make more than 100 billion dollars a year.

and don't give me the crap that tech companies make more profit because its just not happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_by_revenue

I hope next year they make 100 billion dollars in the first quarter, and I hope you make the same! Since when did making a profit become a bad thing(It seems that happened when the piece of **** socialism loving president we currently have got into the White House, hopefully he will be booted out by a profit loving, personal property rights loving man by the name of Herman Cain)? Were it not for profits none of us would have a job! You are wrong about the profit compared to total expenditures as a percentage when it come s to tech vs. oil, all you have to do is compare Apple to any of the oil comp.s. Sure you could pull out some half assed tech comp. but there are no half assed oil comp.s.

jku2
06-03-2011, 01:15 AM
I didn't say you were a fanboy. I said you were worst than a fanboy. You went out and bought a sony bluray player and camera when there are better options as far as brands go. Its like people who go out to buy a sony hd tv when when other brands perform much better in the hd tv market.

FYI, Sony invented Bluray (or one of the companies) so it's logical that I buy the best and their cameras have been known for been one of the best in the world. As far as price goes, it was cheaper then other brands or comparable. Plus their products generally packed with features. I like the paranomic sweep on their camera's which I dont see in any other brands. Does this make me and other people fanboys? Absolutely not. I normally buy the best brands for certain products not because of the brand.

The fact that these hackers had caused PSN downtime and lost of playtime for millions of gamers around the world, just pisses me off. They are not doing anyone any favour.

msanchez
06-03-2011, 07:57 AM
FYI, Sony invented Bluray (or one of the companies) so it's logical that I buy the best and their cameras have been known for been one of the best in the world....

best in the world??? according to who? I've had 3 sony cameras and they've been crap. The only reason I got them was the last 2 I got a HUGE discount on, and the first one for which I paid $600 was my early ignorance of how crappy their cameras were... it did look real nice though, but my God was it useless.

They are not doing anyone any favour.

Are you kidding? you can't buy better entertainment anywhere. I've been in a constant state of laughter for a few months now.