PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Roms Dumped

Arschkrampi
06-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Just so you know, the first Roms have been dumped: http://gbatemp.net/t295852-first-3ds-roms-dumped

Let the Games begin ;)

noonevac
08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
has this gone anywhere, all the searches are either fake advertisements or this news that they dumped the roms last year.

tech3475
08-23-2011, 11:07 AM
has this gone anywhere, all the searches are either fake advertisements or this news that they dumped the roms last year.

I'm sure that if something comes up it will be everywhere, so far I've seen nothing.

Remember, just because something's dumped doesn't mean it can be run easily, look at the PS3 where you could dump games years ago but not run them until last year.

Gloris
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
There is a new team on the block "Crown3DS" that claim to have a work in progress card solution that allows the dumped rom images to be played back on the latest system software to date.

There is a video floating about on the internet showing "splinter cell" apparently running using their device, although this was first shown about a month ago now, with no further proof of it's authenticity.

Their website claims "50% progress", and some people are speculating that while they may have a working solution, they are having a hard time reducing their product to meet the size of a standard 3ds card...I believe there has therefore been rumour that the new and struggling company may simply sell their idea and workings to one of the more well established card manufacturers, who will undoubtably find it much easier to create a more user-friendly, mass marketable product.

Only time will tell, but perhaps this is still some form of progress towards a working card (although whether it's uses will be limited to piracy, or whether it will also enable users to launch custom software remains to be seen)