PDA

View Full Version : Article: Hackers successfully dump 3DS roms

Arschkrampi
06-06-2011, 07:34 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45991-Hackers-successfully-dump-3DS-roms

Retroboy
06-06-2011, 08:12 AM
wont be long till they find a way of getting them to work, but again how hackers dont lead to piracy lol

lets see how many will claim ohh im doing it to protect my orrigional cart from been damaged lmfao.

OddBob
06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
"Super Monkey Balls?"

Nekojin
06-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Balls to you :) Nice Find lol

Z3R0B4NG
06-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Monkey Balls ...blblblblblblbllllll....

Cyber Akuma
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
wont be long till they find a way of getting them to work, but again how hackers dont lead to piracy lol

lets see how many will claim ohh im doing it to protect my orrigional cart from been damaged lmfao.

Actually I have about 55-60 DS games, which I backed up myself (didn't just download the roms). When you have a lot of games for a portable system its convinent to be able to carry them around with one cartridge, plus the microsd cad I use actually has FASTER data access rates than the cartridge itself!

Not gonna lie though, yes, I have downloaded roms too.

NaTaS666
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Lego_StarWars_III_EUR_3DS-LGC
Super_Monkey_Ball_3D_EUR_3DS-LGC
Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Shadow_Wars_EUR_3DS-LGC

Cool, didnīt notice this news.

tech3475
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I suspect that flashcards will appear soon enough. It will probably be cat and mouse like the dsi and use similar techniques.

The thing I'm most interested in seeing is the removal of region protection, which in itself is a good enough reason I think the console should be hacked, especially in the eu.

msanchez
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I suspect that flashcards will appear soon enough. It will probably be cat and mouse like the dsi and use similar techniques.

The thing I'm most interested in seeing is the removal of region protection, which in itself is a good enough reason I think the console should be hacked, especially in the eu.

And as we all know, it'll have a minimal effect on nintendo's bottom line. I also agree with the region protection, I still don't understand why they insist on locking consoles to one region or another.

Mr.Do!
06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I am a bit out of the loop.. have they even gotten DSiware.. Or DSi mode to work yet?

If not, then this doesnt mean playable roms are really that close..

Allthough i am sure there will be more motivation to get this hacked and workable via flashcard (or straight up SD card) sooner.

I am definately very interested in a region lock hack more than anything..

stanleyopar2000
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
there goes the fucking neighborhood.

if they become playable in the near future all the companies they are going to make good games for this are going to pull out faster than [insert sexually explicit reference here]

msanchez
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM

if they become playable in the near future all the companies they are going to make good games for this are going to pull out faster than [insert sexually explicit reference here]

Based on what, if I may ask?

mattias800
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM

History argues otherwise.

Nicotine
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM

yah, because piracy and lack of titles due to piracy has obviously been a huge problem for the worlds biggest/fastest/highest selling handhelds.....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

sk8er_4_life_ez
06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
it is playable if you have the know how.

Xenogears V
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Need flash cards or custom firmware to run it. It is only a step forward.

{{909}}
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I am a bit out of the loop.. have they even gotten DSiware.. Or DSi mode to work yet?

If not, then this doesnt mean playable roms are really that close..

Allthough i am sure there will be more motivation to get this hacked and workable via flashcard (or straight up SD card) sooner.

I am definately very interested in a region lock hack more than anything..

DSiware 'rips' were released ages ago, but no one found a way to get them back onto the console, at least not publicly.
DSi mode was hacked, but there is so few games out there with DSi functions, I don tthink its relevant, the DS was already hacked for 99% of the games, there was very little incentive for people to work on the DSi functions, especially when TTDS and R4 clones were already on sale for less than $10

JonathanD
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
About DSi mode, yes its been hacked and probably the best use of it is for emulation. There is a pretty nice version of Dosbox for it DSX86 or something but the best version uses DSi mode or that Supercard DS (A flash card with a built in CPU and RAM lol)

iloveme28
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
new update blocks r4 cards, gutted