PDA

View Full Version : Lulzsec hits Nintendo, meant no harm

danight
06-06-2011, 06:34 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45992-Lulzsac-hits-Nintendo-but-didnt-mean-any-harm

Retroboy
06-06-2011, 07:14 AM
lol thats just lame isnt it, they hack sony and brag, but dont want to brag and apologise for hacking nintendo.

i dont get how you hack the wrong company in the first place, sony and nintendo pretty hard to mix up.

trancehead
06-06-2011, 07:41 AM
hacking is a sport, sony fucks over consumers so they are fair game. nintendo however would be like shooting the neighbours dog.

chrisprocter01
06-06-2011, 07:51 AM
they obviously thought just targeting sony was giving others an easy ride, and thought to test their security too, and obviously found Nintendo's stood up to simple SQL injections, unlike Sony's

tech3475
06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I wonder how Nintendo will do if they ever invoke their tos eg. Brick consoles?

msanchez
06-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I wonder how Nintendo will do if they ever invoke their tos eg. Brick consoles?

(looks at sony stocks).... probably not so good :rolleyes:

It's a good thing for the hacking community that they show they are not really interested in harming consumers, at least this group has shown that, because as much as I enjoy and believe in the means I can't really defend whoever leaked customer info. Now I still get a kick out of it (even if my info was leaked as well), but I'm just saying it was probably best to do something else. In the end I'll look at the glass as being "half full" because not only did they royaly screw sony, I think governmental agencies will require more protection for consumers from these service providers.

Sal
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
MaxConsole should be hacked for such a lousy copy&paste job-
It's Lulzsec!

mallinersha
06-06-2011, 11:03 AM
It's Lulzsec!

Here here... Watdafuq is LULSAC?

msanchez
06-06-2011, 11:03 AM
After some further reading... these guys have been BUSY! and either they're very confident or they have no clue about accountability... going after FBI affiliates? either too much cojones, or not enough brain cells is the only way to explain that.

danight
06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
It's Lulzsec!

Come on now. I know my spelling and grammar is weak (never denied it). But at least give credit for trying to add some hot topic news to a slow day. Zues didn't do this thread, so cant blame him. I often make typos in titles and admins have to come behind me and fix it.
But atleast i tried to add a hot story.

litos0214
06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow these guys are getting a bit annoying now, they will eventually fall and i will LOL

danight
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Wow these guys are getting a bit annoying now, they will eventually fall and i will LOL

They remind me of the matrix movies. Everyone is living in a imaginary world not know what really goes on. They bounce in and out of stuff exposing the internet for how bad it can be and unsafe.

@msanchez

After some further reading... these guys have been BUSY! and either they're very confident or they have no clue about accountability... going after FBI affiliates? either too much cojones, or not enough brain cells is the only way to explain that.

I was reading their twitter earlier and these guys are scary. I don't ever recall seeing a group so powerful and blatant about using that power. They are like the sith of the internet. I would not be shocked to see them land jobs with a government agency when this is all said and done.
I just read where some British (i think could be a different region) hackers, hacked terrorist and changed how to make bombs into how to make cupcakes (lol.. thats what made me think of these guys). But like that 1 hacker sony wanted to hire and he turned them down. I can see these guys landing government jobs.

In the very least they should be the main plot character for a movie! Ive always said some where, someone is gonna make a movie about all this. These guys are making history. People thought anonymous was dangerous. remember the story where sonys tech people said "just ignore hackers and they get bored and leave". These are the hackers who get bored and attack again.

msanchez
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I read MI6 did the cookie thing, something about the CIA blocking a US cyber intelligence agency's attempts to sabotage the magazine because it could give away something or other... well anywho, I was LOL-ing pretty hard when I heard that.

And to be honest you can't compare Koush (the hacker sony contacted) to these guys, I mean they definitely don't have the same goals. While I have no doubts he could be as devious as they are, I've seen the guy over at the xda forums and he doesn't strike me as the type that would do stuff like this.... despite how much they deserve it.

danight
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
NO i didnt mean that guy would do something like this. But i ment more if sony was willing to give him a job. These guys are def gonna get some high profile jobs. Its not uncommon for someone to hire hackers event governments. I would think these guys will def get hired by someone. Where does governments find the hackers they hire. I would guess from high profile jobs. They guys are as high profile as it gets right now.

ThreeDog
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Decent, the flaw they discovered lead to no leaks and Nintendo were monitoring their systems, saw the problem and fixed it anyway. Meanwhile in Russia where Other OS installs you, Sony pictures has been found vulnerable marking the 14th site vulnerable to the same attack and the 14th site Sony should have fixed in advance. Sony shares, Now down another 3%!

FAIL!
http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201123/7237/Sony-Pictures-suffers-another-attack-as-security-problems-mount

Edited: Will look at the post as commented below and fix what I see.

Sal
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Come on now. I know my spelling and grammar is weak (never denied it). But at least give credit for trying to add some hot topic news to a slow day. Zues didn't do this thread, so cant blame him. I often make typos in titles and admins have to come behind me and fix it.
But atleast i tried to add a hot story.

Fair enough. Would help if you/or some admin could change the article.

danight
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
users cant. once a title is there its there. nothing i can do now.

anyone wanting to watch Microsoft E3 conference can do so here. Stream is pretty good.
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/index.html

ThreeDog
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
users cant. once a title is there its there. nothing i can do now.

anyone wanting to watch Microsoft E3 conference can do so here. Stream is pretty good.
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/index.html

Fixed it already, unless I missed something? Not very impressed with what was on offer though, unless there's a part two to the conference like last year, Microsoft has left me very underwhelmed.

Sal
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Fixed it already, unless I missed something?

Thanks! much appreciated

danight
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
second part was good. they pull out announcements for their big name games.
The first half i saw was mainly about entertainment. The second half was almost all about games. Of course they are still driving home how kinect is cool. But still none the less alot of games.

I wanna talk about this stuff but dont wanna spoil the video for anyone.

kneehighspy
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
lol thats just lame isnt it, they hack sony and brag, but dont want to brag and apologise for hacking nintendo.

i dont get how you hack the wrong company in the first place, sony and nintendo pretty hard to mix up.

figured you'd be posting with a 'first!' reference. but usual sony bollocks support.

ThreeDog
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
figured you'd be posting with a 'first!' reference. but usual sony bollocks support.
Check the mod panel under bans, G
p.s registration is down too :D

JonathanD
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
About hacking, the reason these guys probably have balls the size of Montana is that they are probably using unsecured wireless connections or public access points. I was amazed to find out that you can just pull up in your car to any library in the U.S. and use the internet no hacking required.

Even the FBI can have a hard time tracking you down online if you take the right steps. Heck even a proxy in someplace like China would make it nearly impossible... lol I can see it now "Yes this is the FBI we would like some information about people using the internet to hack servers over here...." China "Not our problem"

kneehighspy
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Check the mod panel under bans, G
p.s registration is down too :D

gotcha dude, understand now ;)

double edge sword it seems... :) shame we won't get anymore greenhummer though ;)