PDA

View Full Version : New security attacks help Sony shares fall to two year low

Zeus
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45993-New-security-attacks-help-Sony-shares-fall-to-two-year-low

iLLNESS
06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
they've been in a steady decline since the attacks averaging %1 a day.

i wonder if sony is thinking it was worth it taking geohot to court and raiding graf.

msanchez
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
they've been in a steady decline since the attacks averaging %1 a day.

i wonder if sony is thinking it was worth it taking geohot to court and raiding graf.

That's my favorite question to ask the SDF. It's so funny "Well they had to do it to protect themselves"... seriously? LOL! yeah if I see a sleeping tiger I'm going to run after it and smack it because it may attack me.... DOH!

JonathanD
06-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Sony stock has been in a steady decline since the PS2 launched, of course this latest decline is much much worse...

Sony's reputation is pretty much shredded at this point.

roliver779
06-07-2011, 08:38 PM
That's my favorite question to ask the SDF. It's so funny "Well they had to do it to protect themselves"... seriously? LOL! yeah if I see a sleeping tiger I'm going to run after it and smack it because it may attack me.... DOH!

Of course it was a good idea. If they didn't sue him, they may have went under. Don't forget that Sony answers to the stockholders. If they didn't do anything and the investors got pissed, they could have pulled out and Sony could have gone out of business.

Now as for the savior, Georgie Boy, I would like to ask him how it feels to be a sell out. He promises to stand up for consumers and asks for donations for "the long haul" but in reality, the minute Sony offered a settlement, he took it! Even better, he agreed to be a consultant on future projects! It's all there in the legal papers that you can read online.

Let's face it. If you had thousand of dollars invested in a company and one of thier core products was at risk due to a hackker spreading secrets about it, you would damn well pray they sued the SOB instead of losing your money. That is, of course, unless you really do care about consumer rights.....

msanchez
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Of course it was a good idea. If they didn't sue him, they may have went under. Don't forget that Sony answers to the stockholders. If they didn't do anything and the investors got pissed, they could have pulled out and Sony could have gone out of business.

I take it you're one of those that believe that doing something idiotic is better than not doing anything at all? In hindsight I don't understand how anybody with 2 functioning brain cells can still say all that crap was worth it, but hey I have no love for sony so I'd quite enjoy it if they keep making the "right choice" according to you.

Now as for the savior, Georgie Boy, I would like to ask him how it feels to be a sell out. He promises to stand up for consumers and asks for donations for "the long haul" but in reality, the minute Sony offered a settlement, he took it! Even better, he agreed to be a consultant on future projects! It's all there in the legal papers that you can read online.

... you considered the guy a savior?... pretty low standards you've got there buddy. As far as taking the settlement, talk to me when you have the balls to take on sony. I sure as hell wouldn't, and I would be even less inclined to do so for a bunch of sheep that are too idiotic to realize their consumers rights have been trampled on.

Let's face it. If you had thousand of dollars invested in a company and one of thier core products was at risk due to a hackker spreading secrets about it, you would damn well pray they sued the SOB instead of losing your money. That is, of course, unless you really do care about consumer rights.....

No, I wouldn't... I've seen enough things to know that you don't sue people like geohot, you don't raid people like graf. Want to know when I'd be pissed? when the company I've invested in losses billions of dollars due to their utter incompetence. You would think that if they started a fight hackers they would at least prepare themselves for the counter attack... it's like they went into a bear cabe with a wiffle ball bat.

Just face the facts, sony screwed up, and everything that any of us with some common sense warned would happened has come to pass... I feel like a prophet :D

Anyways, you want to know who I agree if they sue? hackers that are making money off their illegal activities, people who sell pirated software, and you know what? As far as I've seen over the years, the hacking community doesn't give a crap about them either.