PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sony doesn't know who hacked them and may never know

danight
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46026-Sony-doesn-know-who-hacked-them-and-what-was-stolen-and-may-never-know.

CharmedonWB
06-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I did it putos...now I challenge you to come find me...

msanchez
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I take it he doesn't want to admit, or that sony hasn't learned the real lessons here... don't bring lawyers to all your fights, and most importantly, don't screw over your customers for your own reasons.

Almighty_Peanut
06-09-2011, 11:47 AM
you mean nobody left a file that indicated who it was this time?

danight
06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
wouldn't it be funny if they did and it said "hacked by Phil Harrison"... Sorry Phil, your still funnier than jack Trenton. He jumped ship at the right time.

SuperCaculo
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
i guess they have to hired a third monkey.

urmaster
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
wouldn't it be funny if they did and it said "hacked by Phil Harrison"... Sorry Phil, your still funnier than jack Trenton. He jumped ship at the right time.

QTF, he saw that ship sinking.

tokitai
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
It wasn't me for sure, I think, but sometimes I do things I don't remember :confused::confused: Specially weekends...

msanchez
06-09-2011, 03:20 PM
It wasn't me for sure, I think, but sometimes I do things I don't remember :confused::confused: Specially weekends...

.... I'm not touching this statement.... way too many weird things can come of delving deeper into it.

ThreeDog
06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Who would admit to causing a company to lose $3 billion..

IJTF_Cinder
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Who would want to own up to hacking stuff documented more than a half decade ago?

It's like saying you invented sliced bread...even if you DID, who cares at this point?

Xenogears V
06-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Wtf, until same days ago they sayd was Anonymous.

Nocuddle
06-10-2011, 02:36 AM
ahem*prolly*ahem*geoh#tz*ahem

MicroNut
06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Spain Arrests 3 in PlayStation Cyberattacks
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/technology/11hack.html?_r=3&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

msanchez
06-10-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/technology/11hack.html?_r=3&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

It's funny that they emphasize the PSN attacks, when what really did it was their hacking of Spanish Governmental offices... fighting against harsher punishment for illegal downloads.

In any case, color me surprised.

@TD,

Maybe you should put this up on the front page... I'm dying to see the comments from the SDF.

Calidrifter
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM

play with fire, you get burned. just a matter of time. They knew the risk. I'm thinking more arrest will be made as a result of these 3 being caught, though, I'm sure its not going to stop future hacks.

msanchez
06-10-2011, 08:36 PM
play with fire, you get burned. just a matter of time. They knew the risk. I'm thinking more arrest will be made as a result of these 3 being caught, though, I'm sure its not going to stop future hacks.

.... that's kinda creepy.... we agree on something.... I feel like I should take a shower for some reason LOL!

danight
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM

I wouldn't be shocked to see them get hired by a government.
Its not gonna stop future hacks. Simply because there is more than 3 hackers out there. Like anon. You can break some off and some will rise to replace them. Its always been that way. As long as there is computers there will be hackers. It comes with the turf.

Now the frequancy of attacks might slow down or worse. if you say whats worse? Remember when sony went to war with hackers they tried to set a example? It brought ou more underground hackers. Well just think if the hackers that dont care about press or lulz come out and start attacking sites without giving any press or reasons at all.
Thats worse case. I read 1 site where people said some countries has mafia that operate like this. They excist to steal and extort and stuff. not for lulz but for $$$$$.

To me thats worst case.

danight
06-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Remember recently they lulzsec didnt harm sites and in many cases just exposed how bad some companies security really is. Now what if the agenda wasnt to expose bad security but to actually steal. They may slow down ddos attacks from hacktivist, but they may also encourage worse hackers.

There is that old saying "be careful what you wish for because you might get it". Like sony did going to war with hackers. In hindsight we seen how dumb that idea was. i think we can all agree sony took the wrong approach.

msanchez
06-10-2011, 09:40 PM
How true danight, some people seem to have this very flawed mentality that catching some hackers will magically stop future attacks, when in reality it won't even deter hackers... or are these the first hackers ever to be caught? Nobody in this world is indispensable, and as soon as a person/group falls another rises to take it's place and this is holds true in almost any scenario be it financial, biological, spiritual, or whatever else.

Sure the hacks are bad, but what's even worst is that companies continue to allow themselves to fall prey so easily to these guys, and I've said the same thing you just did, that despite some labeling these hacks as the most vile thing ever... no actual bad deeds can be attributed to it, aside from the breach and leak of info, so basically consumers have up to this point not been affected, only the company's with negligible security have been affected... and rightly so as far as I'm concerned.

All that said,

...In hindsight we seen how dumb that idea was. i think we can all agree sony took the wrong approach.

Just forget it, the SDF will never admit to this. Sadly, reality is no match for their superhuman powers of denial and/or distortion.