PDA

View Full Version : Article: Hackers continue their invasion, hit Codemasters

Gloris
06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46033-Hackers-continue-their-invasion-hit-Codemasters

emkoemko
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
fucked idiots i don't mined when hackers just post fake news like they did on the conservative party but to hack and grab person info. why don't they just hack the site and leave something on it like fake news or a tag but not touch anything and inform them how they did it so they can fix the problem.

uzi
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
just hack a bank and be out

CalaMocha
06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
fucked idiots i don't mined when hackers just post fake news like they did on the conservative party but to hack and grab person info. why don't they just hack the site and leave something on it like fake news or a tag but not touch anything and inform them how they did it so they can fix the problem.
Indeed, Don't see why you whould want to steal a database just with userdata. I remember the good old days when web-hacking was about putting funny messages and just messing with the webmasters...

litos0214
06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
yawwwn...., these hackers dont impress me actually they are quite a nuisance. these are losers who have nothing better to do but ruin the gaming industry. This is way companys dont give hackers a chance cause fucking idiots like lulsec make **** hard, ...bunch of flies

MadonnaProject
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Hopefully they will bring about an awareness that we are DEFINATELY NOT ready for the digital age in favor of physical media.

Hamsterman-SWE
06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Hopefully they will bring about an awareness that we are DEFINATELY NOT ready for the digital age in favor of physical media.

No the consoles never will be at this raising trend consoles will always have a physical media instead of digital download only. Only if they don't raising the security level on their network.

goodall
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
while I can see some peoples points about there being a lot of hacking recently, I tyhink the main thing to realise is that by making this public it gives the attacked company an opportunity to correct the flaws in their security, rather than simply stealing all the DBs and the using the info for identity fraud or credit card purchases and keeping quiet about where the data was leaked from. Hackers are at work all the time, if it weren't for them publicising the exploits, a lot of those exploits would be left unfixed, and things like your web browser would be pretty much wide open to those in the know.

Not to mention all the recent hacks are showing that the companies you trust with your data are neither doing a good job of keeping it safe, nor keeping it limited to non-extraneous data, and that IMO is the big story.

ThreeDog
06-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Found it quite funny that in the last couple of days Lulzsec won an $10,000 hacking challenge and refused the prize, then today woke up to the news they'd infiltrated the national health service (NHS), praised what they do and notified them of the problem. They also allegedly hacked an affiliate of the FBI?

Anything that puts shame on the governments 2 billion security initiative is worth the lulz. Sony has also made attempts to whitewash the truth today in statements:

I am from Sony Pictures and saw your piece this morning on the attacks Sony has been under. I wanted to point out that the 1 million number you refer to in relation to an attack was announced June 2 by LulzSec, however, the actual number is less than 38,000. There is a notice on our web site:
sonypictures.com (click on the red banner) And the response:

Sony Says LulzSec Lied About Number of Records Lost" - we didn't say we stole 1 million, we said we compromised 1 million. Silly @Sony :3

SonyPictures.com = ~1,000,000 total users split into various tables of ~200,000 (x2) ~300,000 (x1) ~75,000 (x2) and ~125,000 (x1)

@Sony tell everyone about how many users are in that SonyPictures database; users we accessed does not equal users YOU didn't protect. :DIt's about time these people were given an amnesty and employed, in the future these are the people that will fight the incoming cyber war.

Mchief298
06-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Pathetic....

John Crichton
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I read they caught three psn hackers in spain, they also hacked a spanish bank

danight
06-10-2011, 03:54 PM
someone submitted in submit a news section. zues just hasnt posted it yet.

shakoor_h
06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Found it quite funny that in the last couple of days Lulzsec won an $80,000 hacking challenge and refused the prize, then today woke up to the news they'd infiltrated the national health service (NHS), praised what they do and notified them of the problem. They also allegedly hacked an affiliate of the FBI?

Anything that puts shame on the governments $2 billion security initiative is worth the lulz. Sony has also made attempts to whitewash the truth today in statements:

And the response:

It's about time these people were given an amnesty and employed, in the future these are the people that will fight the incoming cyber war.

You seem to be the only one constantly defending these hackers. They are doing nothing useful and are stealing people's data, if they are going to hack pointlessly for that they should just f*** off. What is the point of hacking Codemasters? Really? Just f*** off and get a job.

ThreeDog
06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
You seem to be the only one constantly defending these hackers. They are doing nothing useful and are stealing people's data, if they are going to hack pointlessly for that they should just f*** off. What is the point of hacking Codemasters? Really? Just f*** off and get a job.My intention was not to promote or defend their actions, they can do that for themselves. I created a summary of recent incidents that have not been mentioned as yet as a talking point while pointing out the things that made me laugh along the way. I also took the time to suggest a line of work for them if they do not have jobs already. Can't get better than that!

Sometimes it's easier just to dump info than it is using the news posting panel, this was one of those times.

Xenogears V
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Poor codemaster.

msanchez
06-10-2011, 06:49 PM
My intention was not to promote or defend their actions, they can do that for themselves. I created a summary of recent incidents that have not been mentioned as yet as a talking point while pointing out the things that made me laugh along the way. I also took the time to suggest a line of work for them if they do not have jobs already. Can't get better than that!

Sometimes it's easier just to dump info than it is using the news posting panel, this was one of those times.

If they are refusing $80,000 then it seems that a job is not their biggest priority, don't you think?

goodall makes an extremely good point, but I guess it's lost on most kids. All these companies that are so quick to ask for you information are not securing as they should be, and THAT should be the biggest concern about these attacks. If these guys wanted to they could have royally screwed most of us with a PSN, or any sony account. I don't particularly see why they attacked codemasters, but rather than cry at the big bad hackers (notice how not 1 single report of actual misuse of the data has ever arisen) I see that they've pointed out, in a not so stealthy manner, their security is lacking.

Is it right to do what they are doing? No, but as I tell the SDF we won't get anywhere b*tching at them (hackers), it's much more constructive to demand that these companies protect our data properly... they make the money, so they are to be held accountable.

Also, let's not make it seem like these guys are the same as someone who is trying to get homebrew running on a console. It's 2 very different processes and 2 very different mindsets, so let's stop spreading more ignorance.

JonathanD
06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Hmmm if I could pick the next target for a hacking... I would pick something more fun.

I would like to see some old style hacking like back in the day.

I actually watched this live when it happened (interrupted Dr. Who damn it! but it was funny as hell.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs

ThreeDog
06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
If they are refusing $80,000 then it seems that a job is not their biggest priority, don't you think?

goodall makes an extremely good point, but I guess it's lost on most kids. All these companies that are so quick to ask for you information are not securing as they should be, and THAT should be the biggest concern about these attacks. If these guys wanted to they could have royally screwed most of us with a PSN, or any sony account. I don't particularly see why they attacked codemasters, but rather than cry at the big bad hackers (notice how not 1 single report of actual misuse of the data has ever arisen) I see that they've pointed out, in a not so stealthy manner, their security is lacking.

Is it right to do what they are doing? No, but as I tell the SDF we won't get anywhere b*tching at them (hackers), it's much more constructive to demand that these companies protect our data properly... they make the money, so they are to be held accountable.

Also, let's not make it seem like these guys are the same as someone who is trying to get homebrew running on a console. It's 2 very different processes and 2 very different mindsets, so let's stop spreading more ignorance.Sorry, I failed it was actually $10,000. "Hacking Challenge: Change this website's homepage picture and win $10K and a position working with Senior Cybersecurity Advisor, Joe Black." http://www.blackbergsecurity.us/ obviously not since it came with a job as well :D

Agree, goodall makes a good point. These groups have become the independent security testing services businesses should have been paying for already. I suspect the data has been misused somewhere but then I have been subjected to nine breaches in the space of six months.

On Codemasters I can't see why they deserved this or why they were a target, I don't believe it was right to do so.

I agree both that it isn't right and that more needs to be done. If they're not going to subject their systems to scrutiny, now there's a chance someone else will do it for them in public. That should be the pressure they need to change though, not the lesson :)

As for the last comment that was for the lulz I'm afraid, I'm not suggesting that at all. Keeping the sense of humour is better than getting annoyed over leaks we can do nothing about. :D

ThreeDog
06-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Hmmm if I could pick the next target for a hacking... I would pick something more fun. That was creepy but not unlike what I wanted to happen on the big screen at E3.

unwanted
06-11-2011, 05:20 AM
why dont hackers do something a bit more constructive with their skillz... how about hack the people that try to get peoples person details by sending spam, spoofing emails (also add to the list companies that send junk email)... now if you hacked those people that would be worthy of praise from everyone...

Khameleon
06-11-2011, 06:18 AM

Also, let's not make it seem like these guys are the same as someone who is trying to get homebrew running on a console. It's 2 very different processes and 2 very different mindsets, so let's stop spreading more ignorance.

Hey dumbfuck if these kids wouldn't keep hacking stuff it wouldn't matter if it was secure or not would it chief?

Unless you're worried about chinese terrorists planning on hacking minor game company websites in order to steal your information? In this case I suggest you construct a larger tinfoil hat.

Captain N1
06-11-2011, 06:35 AM
im glad i have not used any of these haxed sites/networks.
These hackers seem to be at war. Glad i got all my sensitive stuff on shelf where they cant be hacked.

osnoozeo
06-11-2011, 09:56 AM
just hack a bank and be out
actucally a bank was just hacked 2 days ago, citizensbank! 200,000 ppls info was taken!

msanchez
06-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey dumbfuck if these kids wouldn't keep hacking stuff it wouldn't matter if it was secure or not would it chief?

Unless you're worried about chinese terrorists planning on hacking minor game company websites in order to steal your information? In this case I suggest you construct a larger tinfoil hat.

First and only warning, I don't do insults, so keep yours ok? Next time I'll use my mighty banhammer to remove you.

Obviously the one with the tinfoil hat is you, I'm not worried about what chinese terrorist do, it's way above what I should be concerned with... might as well start worrying about a mega-tsunami whipping out NJ, e.i. I have no control over either thing.

I am worried about someone going in hacking these sites, and actually using my info. By releasing the info, amongst others, they do 2 things (whether they intent to or not) 1) giving irrefutable proof of what they claim they did, and 2) putting everybody on high alert. For my current argument 2) is the important one, after publicly leaking the data, and announcing they have done so mostly everybody involved will be on alert, and people that would misuse the data are probably aware of that. Have you ever seen a thief announce where he's going to strike? Aren't thieves more likely to strike unsuspecting targets? The point is my foul mouthed friend, that I'm worried because not all hackers are as "nice" or "public" as these guys are... I'm much more afraid of the ones that don't scream to High Heaven of their exploits.

.... Now sit, and be a good boy.

Khameleon
06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Oh dead god, don't ban me I don't know what i would do without the amazing journalism here!

Hilarious threat though considering you don't have the time to ban the dozens of trolls and spambots, but can threaten someone who knows you're an idiot *rolleyes*.

And like I said, it doesn't matter if your credit card pin, scan of it, full name, etc is in one document just sitting in a public folder, no one would hack codemasters looking for this stuff. Get it? The reason this stuff is really unsecure is because these tool kids are hacking them on this little crusade of theirs. Do you really think any "mean" hacker is going to target CODEMASTERS to look for information to damage you with? Really?

You're a tool.

msanchez
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh dead god, don't ban me I don't know what i would do without the amazing journalism here!

Hilarious threat though considering you don't have the time to ban the dozens of trolls and spambots, but can threaten someone who knows you're an idiot *rolleyes*.

And like I said, it doesn't matter if your credit card pin, scan of it, full name, etc is in one document just sitting in a public folder, no one would hack codemasters looking for this stuff. Get it? The reason this stuff is really unsecure is because these tool kids are hacking them on this little crusade of theirs. Do you really think any "mean" hacker is going to target CODEMASTERS to look for information to damage you with? Really?

You're a tool.

Threat? that was a warning which you chose to ignore, if you claim you don't need the "amazing journalism" on the site, then I'll share a little secret with you... we don't need disrespectful/inmature individuals who feel that they're point will be more valid if they insult others. If you wish to play that game, then pick others to do so.

For the moment, sayonara. Hope when/if you come back your social grace is more than that of a rabid racoon, which is close to what it is now.

danight
06-12-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvKEextYEg&feature=related

LOL at singing love boat in russian while mud wrestling :)
The reporter though really pwns sony though.

msanchez
06-12-2011, 02:31 PM

... DAMN, she's relentless... not to mention easy on the eyes ;)

JonathanD
06-12-2011, 04:38 PM

Bwahahahah.

JBSleek
06-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Hackers. . They are going to give the government a reason to restrict the internet. They are probably doing more harm than good. I don't get how they have supporters??

Maybe I just don't understand whose rights they're fighting for but I know it's not mine and the "average consumer."

msanchez
06-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Hackers. . They are going to give the government a reason to restrict the internet. They are probably doing more harm than good. I don't get how they have supporters??

Maybe I just don't understand whose rights they're fighting for but I know it's not mine and the "average consumer."

That could be, but they could also force companies to actually give two craps about security. If you don't get why they have supporters, then you simply feel you've not been wronged... many of us would disagree with you on that.

Lastly, the "average consumer" is usually too stupid to realize he has been taken for a fool, but that said, I think this hasn't been about consumers for quite a while. Sony, they just simply pissed off the wrong people, and nintendo and codemasters were just victims. Had sony not been hacked a gazillion times in 1 week then maybe we wouldn't have even found out, or cared much about this.

In any case, I think it's best if people just assume these guys are doing stuff for fun, for notoriety, for $$, or some other selfish reason. Most people getting their daily LULZ from these events probably don't even care WHY the hackers are doing what they are doing... I personally don't, I just think it's funny that sony's attempt to "protect" their investment has ended up costing them millions, or billions of $$.