PDA

View Full Version : Article: Hackers target Bethesda, when will it end, who will be next?

unwanted
06-14-2011, 10:21 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46048-Hackers-target-Bethesda-when-will-it-end-who-will-be-next

Zeus
06-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like there going full house.

Hamsterman-SWE
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
God I hope they target Activision next. Or at least infinity ward or treyarch.

ThreeDog
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Hehe they have my info again. I think this one was about a company not supporting it's products. Bethesda makes great large-scale games but there are still bugs in their newest products that are present in their games since 2006. If this means they'll pay more attention to Brink then job done.

danight
06-14-2011, 10:46 AM
On lulz twitter they said they where not gonna release any the info they took. They did say for them to fix their junk though.
God I hope they target Activision next. Or at least infinity ward or treyarch. There is so many jokes that could happen if they did that. Imagine if the cod page got hijacked with a bf 3 banner.

Hamsterman-SWE
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
There is so many jokes that could happen if they did that. Imagine if the cod page got hijacked with a bf 3 banner.I would LOL, and that sounds pretty funny as hell.

Crazycasem21
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
On lulz twitter they said they where not gonna release any the info they took. They did say for them to fix their junk though. There is so many jokes that could happen if they did that. Imagine if the cod page got hijacked with a bf 3 banner.

You sure about that? Kotick would use it as an excuse to raise prices.....

Hamsterman-SWE
06-14-2011, 10:49 AM
You sure about that? Kotick would use it as an excuse to raise prices.....
And with a excuse like that people would buy more quality games like BF3.

Darth Jax
06-14-2011, 01:33 PM
What if all this hacking by so called "hackers" is a precursor to internet regulation of a scope not seen before. I mean in terms of what those who are closely linked to Movie Studios and Record Labels (The ones that really make the money) would like to see.Without things like this happening the Internet will continue as it always has but if this scenario continues and all sorts of places are getting hacked it gives "Lawmakers" the ammunition to push through all encompassing laws that go beyond what is right and necessary.

msanchez
06-14-2011, 01:54 PM
What if all this hacking by so called "hackers" is a precursor to internet regulation of a scope not seen before. I mean in terms of what those who are closely linked to Movie Studios and Record Labels (The ones that really make the money) would like to see.Without things like this happening the Internet will continue as it always has but if this scenario continues and all sorts of places are getting hacked it gives "Lawmakers" the ammunition to push through all encompassing laws that go beyond what is right and necessary.

And I will sit back and crap my pants in laughter when that happens. I'm not saying these hacks should be ignored, but I'm curious if pushing hackers more is really the way to go. Sure there's drama between hacker groups, but if the laws push them enough then it's best if we all just stop using the internet. I don't see them not putting their differences aside to join forces against a much bigger enemy. Even the british tribes who were constantly at war with each other joined together to fight the romans.

If push comes to shove I wonder who will have to back down, these hackers don't have much to lose, at least not compared to what some politicians would lose if the hackers air out all their dirty laundry.

How do I suggest they deal with this? No clue, that's politicians are there for (supposedly), but all I know is that you can't attack others without becoming a target for attacks yourself.

danight
06-14-2011, 02:17 PM

Sorry dude, while i get what your saying and all. I total disagree. movie studios, music companies, phone companies etc etc etc have all been trying to change the internet as we know it. They have been working on secret laws for years. They will just use hackers as yet another excuse for why they make these changes. But regardless if no one hacked at all. These changes will still happen!

Follow sites like EFF and they have been talking about it for years and have been making sure people know about these secret laws. Its not just 1 nation either its a bunch of nations. Hackers have always been around and the net hasnt blown up yet. But these companies over the last 5 years have been pushing harder then ever to get laws passed and for more control over the net. It has 0 to do with hackers. But they will be used as a example.

^^^^ im not saying that because i support or condone what hackers do. Hell i just started keeping track of them when they got involved in gaming. But i have been watching eff and reading about these laws and companies trying to change the net.

All i gotta say is , MPAA, RIAA, RIAJ, MPAJ and tons of other organizations who around the globe manipulate the laws for their own goals and effect the future of the net way worse then hackers do.

Think of it kinda like this. Bank robbers are scary and bad. But crooked banks effect economy's and have to get bailed out by the government because they could screw the economy. Same thing with hackers. There is way more corruption in big business and wall street that effect the world we live in more than some hackers does.

My favorite example is when all the big companies where saying how the hackers who made napster where so evil. They where killing off business and hurting jobs and costing billions of dollars in damages. Then napster goes under and 1 of the guys who made that. Went on to be a big time coder for facebook!
Now even lulsec tipped their hat to facebook security because it works. Facbook is changing the net as we know it. Facebook willingly has done things with people info that many consider illegal.

In the big picture of things. These hackers will be made a movie about. But the stuff that no 1 knows about is really is what will cause internet changes. You can bet big business will be behind it as well and it wont be because of hackers. All those people the RIAA sued never went to musicians. It went to the business side.

danight
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
eve online got hit by the lulz cannon. https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec (https://twitter.com/#%21/LulzSec)
Looks like they also ddos minecraft and some magazine and some other stuff.

Moses015
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of all the hacking going on. Enough is enough and the media doesn't help anything at all seeing as some of the groups do it for the attention no matter what their credo may be. I'm all for sending a message but this is just getting ridiculous, probably just going to end with them raising game prices even more because they need to pay for all their new security.

jku2
06-15-2011, 12:35 AM
What's with these hackers these days? They are targetting everyone on the Internet, it's getting rediculous

chrisprocter01
06-15-2011, 04:39 AM
this is getting ridiculous now, its beyond a joke! hacking is going crazy A prominent on-line campaign to save Stargate has had all its face book pages hacked by some Philippino called boss jan, in addition he then went and hacked syfy's own facebook page! its becoming like a plague now I had some respect for people showing security flaws in hopes of improvement, but now its just beyond stupid

osnoozeo
06-15-2011, 05:03 AM
i dont feel bad at all for any of these companys, to be honest they all deserve it! id say EA Sports, Apple, and Activision should be top of there list!

msanchez
06-15-2011, 07:59 AM
What's with these hackers these days? They are targetting everyone on the Internet, it's getting rediculous

Except microsoft MUAWHAHAHAHA!

jku2
06-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Except microsoft MUAWHAHAHAHA!

Must be one of Microsoft employees for sure!

msanchez
06-16-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm actually Bill Gates incognito... and just so you know LULZsec and Anonymous was a clever ploy thought of by me to sink sony.

Now go enjoy the PSN... while you can MUAWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jku2
06-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm actually Bill Gates incognito... and just so you know LULZsec and Anonymous was a clever ploy thought of by me to sink sony.Now go enjoy the PSN... while you can MUAWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well done!