PDA

View Full Version : Article: SEGA hacked: Hackers steal gamer details

Zeus
06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46063-SEGA-hacked-Hackers-steal-gamer-details

danight
06-17-2011, 02:48 PM
The hacker group Lulz Security, which has been involved in a number of high profile attacks, showed some sympathy for Sega on its Twitter feed. "We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down," wrote LulzSec.
Ohhhh chit!!!!! We all have sony to thank for all this. Sony got the attention of the hacking world. Lulz said in a tweet a week or 2 back if they touch sega they would hit sony again!
Looks like who ever "they" where. Actually did and judging from this lulz is after them.

You know somewhere in the world a employee of sega, epic, and bethosda and the devs of eve etc etc etc... are saying "thanks alot sony".

tech3475
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I could imagine someone at Sega going: "I HATE THAT HACKER!"

danight
06-17-2011, 02:56 PM
just checked their twitter...
LulzSec (http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec) The Lulz Boat I am Sony's SQL. The nasty strangers touch me inappropriately because Sony is too busy selling overpriced products to buy me clothes. 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/81781275396022272)

danight
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
@danight "Sony got the attention of the hacking world" you give them way too much credit. They were simply a pawn in something that has been going on for years.

Yeah but gaming was never a focal point. There has always been hacker in gaming. There has always been gamers who are hackers. But when sony waged war with hackers they not only got those hackers, they got non gaming hackers. Now it seems other hackers are hacking gaming to get at lulzsec for hacking sony.
Sony is the key element in it all. If we took out what sony did going to war with geohot and those other guys. All this may never have happened.
I wonder if lulzsec when they hacked nintendo actually helped nintendo avoid being hacked by others? In any case, its not even shocking any more.

msanchez
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh boy... I mean at this point I just donīt understand how these companies arenīt taking a step back and analyzing their security. Hacking sites is the new Ļin thingĻ so do yourselves, and us, a favor and update your damn security.

About LULZ counterattacking whoever attacked sega... this is going to start getting really ugly.

xxsnipexx
06-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. :cool:

CharmedonWB
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
i'm waiting until congress starts intervening...i know it is going to happen soon

danight
06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. :cool:
I knew it! they are mutants!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhldV9-XsI

JonathanD
06-17-2011, 07:19 PM
i'm waiting until congress starts intervening...i know it is going to happen soon

They already have, when they passed some cyber terrorism laws way back. Thats really when I got out of the whole hacking scene myself. I used to spend hours a day on blackbox and other web pages. I even did some of my own custom stuff and was on the news at one point for causing a massive outage for a pretty big ISP.I won't be more specific on the details sorry I kind of like my freedom so if you want to call me a liar feel free, better to be known a BS artist and liar then that dude that went to jail for doing that thing.

The one bit of information I will give is that I reeeaally enjoyed creating my own custom sets of packets to exploit flaws that servers used in TCP and that I also was doing this in a time when you could spoof an IP address. Shame they filter that stuff so well these days.

Don't get me wrong I still like to read up on the stuff, but my days of actually doing things like what is happening to Sony and other companies is long gone.

Ursac
06-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Ok enough is enough. In defense of hacker's which I am not the only voice. These kids who are doing the latest hack's found a ddos program online. Started hacking server's just for kicks. People think its a big hacking group. However in truth it's probably some little kid on a dell doing it. Cause he think's he is so cool. please real hacker's wouldnt bother with Sega of all people.

JonathanD
06-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Ok enough is enough. In defense of hacker's which I am not the only voice. These kids who are doing the latest hack's found a ddos program online. Started hacking server's just for kicks. People think its a big hacking group. However in truth it's probably some little kid on a dell doing it. Cause he think's he is so cool. please real hacker's wouldnt bother with Sega of all people.

One correction for your post is that DDOS stands for Distributed Denial of Service. Distributed meaning more then one PC, usually its a syn/ack or ping flood or open sockets attack. You cannot steal information with a DDOS.

The term you are looking for is script kiddies, they do not write the stuff but they know how it works and how to use it. Almost everyone who is a real hacker started there and worked up from that.

Xenogears V
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Don't tauch me SEGA!. :mad:

technolust
06-18-2011, 01:42 PM
One correction for your post is that DDOS stands for Distributed Denial of Service. Distributed meaning more then one PC, usually its a syn/ack or ping flood or open sockets attack. You cannot steal information with a DDOS.

The term you are looking for is script kiddies, they do not write the stuff but they know how it works and how to use it. Almost everyone who is a real hacker started there and worked up from that.

infact most script kiddies dont have a clue about what they are doing, they just find tutorals on n00btube
and make out they are super leet. understanding excatly what you are doing and how the processes are woking is what makes a difference.

jku2
06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Looks like nothing is safe on the Internet anymore.

John Crichton
06-19-2011, 05:24 AM
other hacker hacked sega to piss off lulzsec? what do you think of this lulzec exposed on blogspot? http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/

they admitted on twitter they are fans of the dreamcast and the n64, so i thought they would be in the beginning or the mid 20s. seems i was'nt that wrong if the infos are right. one of them is a zelda fan, maybe they are fanboys as that is the reason for hacking sony and game companies like bethesda, epic, bioware and eidos, that don't make big games for nintendo.

one of them is a journalist and writer, according to lulzec excposed. many emails and password released are leaked from a writerspace.com http://www.thehackernews.com/2011/06/lulzsec-leaks-62000-emailpasswords-of.html so this was eventually some sort of sick revenge action. i know there are many writers that can't stand if someone criticizes them.

funny is, he wrote some anon/sony news, on which you can clearly see his point:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/jan/27/anonymous-internet
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/may/06/anonymous-sony

other funny thing is: I always thought hackers don't expose their information on facebook and similar sites.

are hackers fanboys that hack companies the rival groups love or is there more behind it? this guy seems to be at war with not only jihadists and wikileaks but also lulzsec:
http://th3j35t3r.wordpress.com/

msanchez
06-19-2011, 09:07 AM
...maybe they are fanboys as that is the reason for hacking sony and game companies like bethesda, epic, bioware and eidos, that don't make big games for nintendo.

... um you do realize they already stated that they like nintendo a few weeks ago... when they HACKED them. Personally I think everybody is just too focused into making these guys fanboys of one company or another; maybe people feel they have to associate them (lulzsec) with the petty console wars to understand why they are doing things.

People are acting as if hacking was just invented with events. Anyways, the sooner we stop imposing our own values on their actions, the better.

John Crichton
06-19-2011, 11:25 AM
... um you do realize they already stated that they like nintendo a few weeks ago... when they HACKED them.

did you read my post? they hacked companies that don't want to make games for nintendo. now, if that doesn't tell something about them.

they don't do it for the lulz like they said, or for the anarchy. be another hacker and touch things they like, they're speakin very different.

they're nintendo/sega fanboys. they spoke of n64 and dc, that means they're missed the snes/genesis era. the one guy clearly has likes oot as best zelda game not alttp

and no, these are not our own values. I'm not a fanboy of anything and no hater, and I haven't the urge to harm other people by hacking. Most normal people are. People like LulzSec are childish in the inside.

people have to stop seeing hackers as some superhumans or masterminds. they're not. they're human beings like all of us with all the strengths and weaknesses. and every human being has motivations to do the things he/she does.

So, the Nintendo Fanboy clearly has a grudge against sony. ps1 smashed n64 and the dc, ps2 ate the last pieces of the dc. It's written history. You have to take things how they happen, things that you cannot take influence. the times for nintendo got better.

but for some people this isn't enough. the poor fanboy heart is hurt and seeking for revenge. How far will you go to achieve your goals and get your satisfaction? some people don't know where the line is.

the journalist. Journalists tend to write not only for the monthly paycheck, they want to make the world a better place. or what they think would be a better place. He is clearly pro wikileaks and contra sony and maybe his writing hasn't pulled enough people to his opinion. so there goes the hacking.

so, these people don't hack because they want to know how far they come. they're not the type who wants to be the best hacker out there. maybe these hackers exist, but Lulzsec are not one of those.

but what you can see: they're very self-centered, feeling very secure, feeling what they do is the right thing or what has to be done. they're clearly have no objective sight of things.

danight
06-19-2011, 11:28 AM
People like LulzSec are childish in the inside. Arent we all in a way. Thats kinda why we are gamers and why companies like Nintendo hold such a big place in our hearts.

John Crichton
06-19-2011, 12:17 PM
but children tend to grow up, learn what respect means and that they're not the center of the world. and still can play fun games.

without respect for each other, social life won't work. I find it very sad when someone use the word "disabled" to give someone a bad name, like Lulzsec does.

John Crichton
06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
they call themselves part of the internet generation. but humans are so different and so are the members of the internet generation. i think I'm a little bit too old. i was a young adult already when the internet came up, but it was great. i used bulletin board systems before and it was such a big improvement.

but i never felt the urge to use things like facebook, myspace and so on so much like many people today that didn't really grew up with what a computer works like (you needed basic programming skills to use those 8bit computers back then) but uses the computer merely as a tool. now, those hackers know more than most computer users, also they think they are so secure they can use the likes of facebook.

you know, you're not the customer of facebook, youre the goods and big companies pay for you (your personal data). this is the way facebook makes money. and it works. if i were a hacker, i would'nt use facebook.

Seriously, if you have something like a life or career (and that journalist clearly has), i would'nt be a hacker and attack cia/fbi - even if it was only ddos sort of things that don't really hurt them. I really hope Lulzsec guys come to sense before it's too late for them.

danight
06-19-2011, 12:37 PM
But if you read what article they release about a week ago. You see they have brought awareness to a big issue in gaming. Thats network security and how to handle private info. There is other hackers who would hack and the companies them self may never know about it. While the hacker sell the info off for $$ or exploit it them self.

Whats sad is the world operates that something bad has to happen before anyone takes it serious enough to make changes. Look how sony has handled all this. I was talking to a friend this week about a old intersection years back that needed a stop light. Its sad it took a couple people getting killed their before the city put 1 up.

Im not saying what lulz did was right. Im just saying im not shocked by it either. Would congress or japan or china or hong kong ever said a word to sony about online security had lulzsec never hacked them? NO. Thats the prob. The issue was there. It took lulz exposing it for anyone to care about it.

danight
06-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I really hope Lulzsec guys come to sense before it's too late for them.

Thats the thing though... its not just them. Hackers have always been around and if lulz disappeared tomorrow. Someone else would step up and replace them.

I remember watching a special on TV about hackers a few months back. 1 hacker found a hole so bad he could cripple the entire internet. Fake any site and steal info from banks, ebay, cc`s etc etc. It was about a hour long.

There was a meeting going on a Microsoft headquarters and this hacker knew what he found was so dangerous. That when he told all these people they had to keep him hidden and all his info hidden until they could find a dns patch for it. The brought in some of the Internets biggest companies to help fix it. he submitted the info for good and for the right reasons.

But he stumbled on it just messing around and he knew if the wrong hands got a hold of it. It could destroy the internet as we knew it. Microsoft or one of those companies probably gave him a job after that. But still he turned the exploit over for all the right reasons.

As long as there is computers, there will be hackers. Some good, some bad and some who change sides. But its funny that some people dont know like you mentioned about facebook. That the guy who created napster was a lead devolper in making facebook. While big business painted napster as the evil of the internet. He went on to help shape the internet as we know it today.
Funny how the internet works.

But if what lulz is doing is based on their own coding skills. I would bet even caught they get offered jobs. Probably with the FBI.Thats how ironic the world is.

John Crichton
06-19-2011, 03:00 PM
You see they have brought awareness to a big issue in gaming. Thats network security and how to handle private info. seems odd that there was also no problem for the exposers to get their personal data.

But if what lulz is doing is based on their own coding skills. I would bet even caught they get offered jobs. Probably with the FBI.Thats how ironic the world is.

maybe, it did happen before.

but it seems, the crime table of some members is big
http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/2011/06/profiles.html

CLOUDSTR1FE
06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46063-SEGA-hacked-Hackers-steal-gamer-details

All these game companies are being targeted by hackers. Sony, Codemasters, Sega. Who is next?

msanchez
06-19-2011, 03:31 PM
@John,

I still don't understand how this is a nintendo/sega vs. sony fanboy war. More so when lulzsec themselves hacked nintendo, maybe because they didn't take data from ninty? Let me tell you one thing, it doesn't mean you have to be pro-others to hate sony. I detest sony, but that doesn't mean I'm pro-nintendo/pro-ms. Sony have given enough reasons to be hated; that hate doesn't need to depend on bitterness over events that happened 2 console generations ago.

Now I'm not saying that they aren't fanboys of one or both companies... I just think that the conspiracy theory is a bit much. Not to mention, what's the point hacking them for not supporting nintendo, when they don't even know that was the reason they were hacked to begin with? Unless somebody states that is the reason, then nothing will change.

danight
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
seems odd that there was also no problem for the exposers to get their personal data.
maybe, it did happen before.

but it seems, the crime table of some members is big
http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/2011/06/profiles.html

wild read there..... I hadnt seen that all. I only read what the press and lulz tweets (i figure they are probably real)
But 1 thing about all this. Stuff like logs can be fakes easy. Just use word pad and find a name and replace it with someone you dont like name. Click enter and you have fake logs.

even they admit they where gonna cause confusion on to who is who and who did what. So you have different hackers pointing the finger at each other and none with no real proof anyone did anything actually.
So when reading the hole time, im wondering if that isnt a place the blame on someone else type deal.
Like the sony breach anon said it wasnt them. lulz said they didnt do anything to gamers (so who took credit for that attack?). seems odd lulz would take credit for hacking the BFI but yet the biggest data breach ever with sony, no one claims.

Clearly some hackers have issues with other hackers as they keep blaming each other and doing stuff like registering domains in other hackers names.

But i wouldn't be shocked if the get paid hacking jobs, a movie a book and maybe even a game made about this.

JonathanD
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
infact most script kiddies dont have a clue about what they are doing, they just find tutorals on n00btube
and make out they are super leet. understanding excatly what you are doing and how the processes are woking is what makes a difference.

I never really thought about youtube as a source of info for hacking lol I remember when Blackbox was not a pay site :( (Is it still a pay site?) *runs off to Google*

I think its completely gone or my DNS is refusing to resolve the address. Shame that site had more information then most networking books these days. You could really use it to harden your network or use it really cause some crap back in the day. I think admins have become too lazy these days, or budgets have become so strained that they simply do not have the time to do security round the clock and pay attention to the latest hacks or in this case really old flaws in the system meaning they didn't have the resources to do even basic penetration testing?

Who is to say whats to blame maybe they went cheap and hired people who could set up a network but where a little fuzzy on security concepts. (Its very late, I am very tired sorry if I have rambled on too long lol)