PDA

View Full Version : Article: Hackers unlock 'special' PS3 QA mode

Zeus
06-22-2011, 04:22 AM
You can view the page at http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?46074-Hackers-unlock-special-PS3-QA-mode

Z3R0B4NG
06-22-2011, 04:39 AM
and what kind of black magic can you do in this QA mode?

Xenogears V
06-22-2011, 05:14 AM
and what kind of black magic can you do in this QA mode?

Yeah. I want understand me too.

ploggy
06-22-2011, 05:34 AM
iirc, it enables certain dev settings which sound all well and good but in the real world it's not all that special (i may be wrong tho)

LKJHGFDSA
06-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Mathieulh said it enables warez apparently.
And it stays after you update while allowing you to downgrade.

Sounds interesting.

msanchez
06-22-2011, 08:11 AM
iirc, it enables certain dev settings which sound all well and good but in the real world it's not all that special (i may be wrong tho)

Mathieulh said it enables warez apparently.
And it stays after you update while allowing you to downgrade.

Sounds interesting.

It's supposed to be for sony testers, and last I heard it "currently" does nothing like enable piracy or even homebrew. At the moment it's only accessible on official f/w, and you still can't install homebrew packages; although the option to install packages is there.

I don't think it will enable anything more that's already enabled on 3.55 at least... but I'd love to be proven wrong :D

*EDIT* I stand corrected, it does seem to enable piracy/warez... as such good luck prying the secrets from Math's hands LOL!. I seriously doubt that this will see the light of day, that is to say, people will have to be content wondering on the "what ifs?" Math will probably not chance going against sony, heck I'm surprised he did as much as he did already *EDIT*.

Hamsterman-SWE
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Give us teh file or how to's or it never happened :D

msanchez
06-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Give us teh file or how to's or it never happened :D

Google is your friend. I support talk of these things, but I don't think we should be putting files up... more so given how sony is; they just might sue the entire internets again :D

Still, for the moment it doesn't seem to offer anything more than what we already have; although, I suspect in a few weeks/months that will change... that is unless the people working on it kill each other first (I'm serious, this is a possibility at this point).

orangedude
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
oh okay... The secret code is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right b, a, start. You should hear a ringing sound!!!

msanchez
06-23-2011, 02:38 PM
oh okay... The secret code is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right b, a, start. You should hear a ringing sound!!!

How weird is it, that probably not many people remember this :D seems like only yesterday to me.

DAVE11674
06-25-2011, 06:04 AM
How weird is it, that probably not many people remember this :D seems like only yesterday to me.

classic gaming days cheats :) love it

JonathanD
06-25-2011, 08:58 AM

Yeah just don't try it on the SNES version of Gradius lol you have to replace the left and rights with the left and right triggers.