PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: MW3 bombs on Metacritic user ratings

garyopa
11-09-2011, 08:52 AM
The new Modern Warfare 3 is finally out, but after 1148 user reviews it is only rated 2.5 out of 10

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000262/icon_xl.jpg

The magazine reviews average it 90 out 100, but it seems users after buying the game are giving it a bad review, maybe because it just another sequel, and there is no longer any innovation in COD's

Despite a massive advertising spend garnering it positive reviews from the mainstream press the user reviews are in and it firmly places the new Call Of Duty: Moden Warfare 3 into the Wii shovelware category.

Ok, so it is probably not very accurate but the result of butthurt Battlefield 3 fanboys, single player gamers and people who hate multiple multiplayer map packs at way too high prices but is it really that far out?

After all its single player game is pathetically short, and everyone knows that buying the game is only the first half of the cost, its almost unplayable online once school is out (with tons of server problems, and type of players) and its really not much of an improvement over previous versions.

NEWS SOURCE: COD: MW3 User Ratings (via) Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3)

Thanks to 'billysastard' for submitting this story!

iLLNESS
11-09-2011, 10:24 AM
metacritic is a horrible site to base the general reviews. its full of haters who just give games bad reviews to drive the score down as low as they can. 360 fanboys negatively review ps3 games, and vise versa.

people are just on a cod hating bandwagon right now. why be upset the engine didnt change? the engine in cod games is almost perfect. its all new maps, all new spec ops, all new single player story etc and yet they all seem to say you played one cod you played them all. dumb fucks if you ask me.

garyopa
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
people are just on a cod hating bandwagon right now. why be upset the engine didnt change? the engine in cod games is almost perfect. its all new maps, all new spec ops, all new single player story etc and yet they all seem to say you played one cod you played them all. dumb fucks if you ask me.

Except many of the 'buildings' have been recycled from the COD4 maps.

billysastard
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
metacritic is a horrible site to base the general reviews. its full of haters who just give games bad reviews to drive the score down as low as they can. 360 fanboys negatively review ps3 games, and vise versa.

i have evey cod for the xbox and 360 all in their top end versions (collectors / prestige/ limited etc) where available (ie not finest hour but every other one) yet i only got the standard edition of mw3 and frankly its cod mw 2.5 and could pretty easily have been a dlc pack for mw2, the single player mode is beyond crap easily bested by pretty much every previous one (and in truth the single player has been **** since cod 4: mw)

iLLNESS
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
9.3million sales of MW3 sold in the first day.

take that battlefield!

Xenogears V
11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Maybe all Battlefield fanboy. I was disappointed, the multiplayer maps have worsened.

I can give this game 7.5 on 10.

For battlefield 3 I can give 9 on 10.

wrathchild
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe all Battlefield fanboy. I was disappointed, the multiplayer maps have worsened.

I can give this game 7.5 on 10.

For battlefield 3 I can give 9 on 10.

No way. I've played both games and so far I'm enjoying MW3 more. **** them for not putting in controller options for the pc version though.

e1sunz
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
i agree with this this was a huge dissapointment...:(

Cloudkill
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
lag compensation is my major hate of this game in fact they need to path it out and everything will be fine, they have 2 months before I decide not to buy the game again as I'm trading it in for skyrim until they fix this stupid stupid crap lag compensation system, who ever thought of it should be named shamed and publicly executed!

0 morgan 0
11-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Good, the amount of work that went in to Battlefield 3 it's a shame MW series gets as much support as it does!