PDA

View Full Version : True Blue (aka) JB2 - v2.2 Update Released

garyopa
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Now shipping with full v3.6+ HDD Support

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000282/icon_xl.jpg

True to their word, even tho alot of people are still claiming 'fake', the 'True Blue' team has released the v2.2 update PKG which enables the usage of your v3.6+ PS3 games from the HDD

Now with the v2.2 update that been released, instead of just using 'blu-ray' discs, you can play your v3.6+ games directly from your PS3 HDD, making the 'True Blue' dongle more worthwhile to all PS3 users worldwide, wishing to be able to Jailbreak their console to enjoy both worlds of the wonderful 'homebrew' and 'emulators' that have been released over the last year since the first PS Jailbreak dongle appeared, but yet still be able to play the latest PS3 games like 'Portal 2' and 'Dirt 3' which have been out for a while, but those that Jailbroken their PS3 Consoles have been stuck in the pass on v3.55, as all the newer PS3 games are 'key'ed' to run only on the newer v3.6+ legit firmwares by Sony.

But now thanks to hard-efforts of the 'True Blue' team of developers and coders, they been able to do the impossible figure out a way for you to stay on the fully open v3.55 firmware thanks to all the information that has been released back in Janurary, 2011 but now also enjoy the playing of the latest PS3 games that has been released and WILL be released in the future.

Features include:

• Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
• Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
• Does not require the power/eject trick
• Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when True Blue is not inserted
• Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
• Durable and high quality metal case design
• Tough and durable plastic packaging
• Further features to be added as they are developed
• On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
• Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, True Blue cannot downgrade a console)
• Supports all regions of consoles
• Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
• Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing

Using True Blue

To use True Blue, simply insert the dongle into one of the USB ports on your PS3 and power the system up. Do not remove the dongle at any point while the PS3 is running.

True Blue for the most part functions just like a regular jailbreak/CFW in that you may install and run any homebrew software and all of the standard backup managers are supported. The most notable difference is that games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above are also supported.

However, in order to enjoy such titles, you must first obtain special “True Blue versions” which have been modified to function with True Blue. Such modified versions are available for download through the “usual channels” and are clearly labelled as being True Blue compatible.

Once you have obtained True Blue modified games, simply copy them to your PS3 internal or external USB HDD as you would with any usual jailbreak game and launch in the usual manner through any one of the many available backup managers.

NEWS SOURCE: PS3Crunch (http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/1428-True-Blue-(aka)-JB2-v2.2-Update-Released-Full-v3.6-HDD-Support)

Retroboy
11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
another pointless plastic piece of crap, sony will only block it in a new FW update and start adding them to games, so youll be back to how it is now if games can be modded to work on the lower fw.

also the PS3 is 3.7+ so is this device already out of date.

anyways from sources i know its possible that a new CFW could arrise, if someone has the balls to make/release it.

but saying that, i am perfectly happy with my FAT ps3 on cfw and my slim on official, if theyres a new game i want to play, ill buy it, unlike half the moaning b@st@rds out there that simply expect sony to allow them to pirate every game.

but again reading the SPECIAL TRUE BLUE GAMES, erm isnt this the same as the scene is now, games that can be modded to work on 3.55 like uncharted 3??? so like every other usb dongle this is dead before its even started sony will easily block this pointless dongle.

downlowfunk
11-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Special games. Need I say more?

rubberducky89
11-15-2011, 02:02 PM
This site has really come down in the quality of the news since it was taken over and redone. this news is damn near 2 weeks old now

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/true-blue-dongle-update-play-3-6-games-hdd-1631/

http://www.ps3crunch.net/ (original source)

the mods of this site should give it back to someone that knows what the hell they are doing.. i generally dont comment, or flame, but it is getting ridiculous. you have been so worried about the appearance of the site and the millions of adds i get now in my browser that i am sick of it. Maxconsole used to be somewhat up to date news. occasionally even news breakers. NO more.

edit: according to ps3crunch.net, IT WAS POSTED ON OCT 19 WHICH WAS DAMN NEAR A MONTH AGO! THAT IS ALL. not news worthy

garyopa
11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Old I just updated the news posting, with the actual v2.2 release.

Before today, their was NO FILES available online anyplace, that had the HDD support, just talk about it.

Today the actual files were released.

I should know I am control of both sites, and was an admin at psx-scene also.

There is not much 'breaking news' today, now with twitter it is almost impossible to be first with news, but I been trying, if you see something, why not submit it as news.

See here I reported on the 'true blue' updates before:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/showthread.php?184459-PS3-Gets-Jailbroken-Again-with-the-True-Blue

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/showthread.php?184479-True-Blue-(aka)-JB2-v3.55-dongle-has-been-updated

Yes the 'dongle' news first appeared on Oct. 19th, but then you needed to buy it from indonesia, and with special 'pirated' blu-ray discs from them also.

Then it was announce the device been updated to support HDD, and all existing stock would be re-programmed, but it was again NOT UNTIL TODAY that
stock was released, or the files released so those that already have the 'dongle' can update it. -- So there for it becomes news again.

As for 'millions of ads' ??? Where I see one ad at the top, one bottom from datel, and another at the bottom, no pop-ups or other ads, have any proof or screenshots of them?

MadonnaProject
11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Was this website taken over? What happened? I thought zeus used to run it and now he has some mods taking care of it?

Did he sell maxconsole?

billysastard
11-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Was this website taken over? What happened? I thought zeus used to run it and now he has some mods taking care of it?

Did he sell maxconsole?

dunno the whole story but he did and now he doesnt, gary took over.

Retroboy
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
if anything i think this site should aim more about gaming news, all it seems to be is rumours, hacking and trash talk on other systems (yes i know i have bad views on the type of games nintendo consoles get)

but would be good if this site was like ign and gamespot, actual gaming site for gamers by gamers.

billysastard
11-15-2011, 03:44 PM
if anything i think this site should aim more about gaming news, all it seems to be is rumours, hacking and trash talk on other systems (yes i know i have bad views on the type of games nintendo consoles get)

but would be good if this site was like ign and gamespot, actual gaming site for gamers by gamers.

its roots were as a hacking news site, it could be a amalgamation of the whole "crunch" network along with general gaming news.

of course there is nothing stopping you from submitting news, if you cant find a way pm it to me and i'll post it on to gary and note that you submitted it so you'll get credit at least until the submit news system is reopened properly for everyone.

and i'm sorry if you think its all rumours, i've tried to mix fact and rumour in the news i've submitted but trash talk about other systems is now a fact of life in the industry, every other day some ios or android developer comes out with some nonsense or vice versa and one company tries to downplay another.

i wonder what excuses you plan on making about the wii u given that ea and ubi, sega and valve have not only praised it but either announced their main franchises are coming to it or that they are happy that wii u can run their engines comfortably that would suggest that the wii u will not only get its own decent games but also a neverending stream of semi hd fps/ marketplaces that so pollute the 360/ps3 game catalogues (mostly 360 because sad though i am to say it the ps3 does seem to have more family titles although often wii ports because of move).

Retroboy
11-15-2011, 05:00 PM
but is all this site can say, if you can do better you submit news. i mean gaming news isnt that hard to find.
what do i get in return, i mean ill gladly add gaming news on up coming games ect but when that attracts gamers to this site, what do i get??

Xenogears V
11-15-2011, 08:12 PM

Did he sell maxconsole?

Zeus isn't anymore Maxconsole Admin,

JonathanD
11-16-2011, 01:03 AM
As for 'millions of ads' ??? Where I see one ad at the top, one bottom from datel, and another at the bottom, no pop-ups or other ads, have any proof or screenshots of them?

If I had to guess I would say he was infected with some spyware that was serving up ads.

My brother had a machine that was so hosed it would serve pop up ads even if it was not connected to the Internet, the nastyware would use its own cache somehow and pop up ads to the desktop. I kind of thought it was funny but my brother rebooted his computer with his boot.... (It still has a partial shoe print on the case lol) I eventually ended up installing Linux and an XP transformation pack so he likes it now.

rubberducky89
11-16-2011, 02:27 AM
If I had to guess I would say he was infected with some spyware that was serving up ads.

My brother had a machine that was so hosed it would serve pop up ads even if it was not connected to the Internet, the nastyware would use its own cache somehow and pop up ads to the desktop. I kind of thought it was funny but my brother rebooted his computer with his boot.... (It still has a partial shoe print on the case lol) I eventually ended up installing Linux and an XP transformation pack so he likes it now.

Actually no, the ads i am refering to are the ads the end up between the news postings. there are days that there is only one ad per page in the postings, there are others that its every other posting. I feel that selling ad space is ok, not if it is going to effect the browsing of the page though. and no my pc is quite healthy lol. Im not mad though, i would have assumed the same thing. Running firefox w/ adblock also

wrathchild
11-16-2011, 05:42 AM
So has anyone seen any of these "true blue versions" games for download anywhere? I've looked around all the main download sites but don't see any.

billysastard
11-16-2011, 06:19 AM
So has anyone seen any of these "true blue versions" games for download anywhere? I've looked around all the main download sites but don't see any.

not seen one anywhere and by all accounts it will be incredibly easy for sony to block it.

UPDATE

alongside duplex releasing driver sf for 3.55 paradox have released a bunch tagged as "TB" and caught flack for doing it when ll they really needed to release were the tb eboots. at least you know what you are looking for now.

shakuhatch
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
not seen one anywhere and by all accounts it will be incredibly easy for sony to block it.

UPDATE

alongside duplex releasing driver sf for 3.55 paradox have released a bunch tagged as "TB" and caught flack for doing it when ll they really needed to release were the tb eboots. at least you know what you are looking for now.

Not true, people have tried replacing only the eboots and it seems that there are a lot more files tinckered with and/or added. So they need to release a set of files to replace and not just the eboots.

billysastard
11-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Not true, people have tried replacing only the eboots and it seems that there are a lot more files tinckered with and/or added. So they need to release a set of files to replace and not just the eboots.

i do apologise but i was just quoting this...

Oh, and please stop rereleasing 100tb of games, when you could only
release the needed eboots for the True Blue stick ...

from the duplex release of the 3.55 version of driver San Francisco.

since i had no idea i just chose to trust them

firewall71
11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
i think its only a matter of time till we get a CFW,,wasnt long after the first jailbreak dongle came out and we got cfw,,:p

Retroboy
11-18-2011, 08:17 AM
i really laugh at all the sheep that will rush out n buy this cr@p nobody notice its only saying 3.6+ i mean its been 3.7+ for a while now, how about they update its sales pitch.

but saying that its not much different to the scene now, if your willing to wait youll get a working 3.55 fix for free without no dongle that sony will block.

but saying that maybe this dongles workings could be included into a cfw, im not sure if theyll actually hack a fw above 3.55, but saying that i hear math claims something could be possible.