PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed - Crashes Into a Wall of Criticism

garyopa
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Need For Speed: The Run offers the shortest single player experience ever

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000284/icon_xl.jpg

In their constant quest to turn the Need for Speed series into something more than just a racing game, EA's Black Box studio in creating The Run, made it now driven by equal parts gameplay & narrative

EA once again drives a nail into the heart of gaming by serving up a truly pathetic 2 HOUR single player campaign on its latest Need For Speed: The Run, not only that but other family members, renters and pre-owned buyers will have to fork out an additional 10 for an online pass in order to even see what the online portion of the game is like.

2 hours? two fu*king hours how much does this company deserve to fail?

EA themselves have claimed the single player campaign to be 6 hours when you include (non skip-able) cut scenes, loading times, retries or time spent on menus, i guess you should include toilet breaks and mealtimes too as that would enhance its playtime!

NEWS SOURCE: N4S: The Run Reviews (via) Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5860071/need-for-speed-the-run-crashes-into-a-wall-of-criticism/)

Our thanks to 'billysastard' for this nice short review to match the shortest of the game itself!

Battlefield
11-16-2011, 06:14 PM
LOL..That must be the shortest NFS game ever. Did they "RUN" out of ideas right away?
How can it even be sold at full price? Expect this one to hit the bargain quite fast. Most EA games hits bargain bin fast thou. Faster than most other devs, and that includes even Mass Effect, Bioshock etc...any game published by EA, and not just the crap ones.

I even got Mass Effect 2 (PS3) at only 10$ new and sealed in a bargain bin after 2 months. NFS Shift (360) at 10$ short time after launch, same for Bioshock 2 (360)

MadonnaProject
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Not a shock, this game was probably always going to be dumb.

Xenogears V
11-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Need for sh*t. :p:rolleyes:

LKJHGFDSA
11-17-2011, 01:48 AM
I kinda want to play it now.

Imagine that, a game with absolutely no filler.

billysastard
11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
I kinda want to play it now.

Imagine that, a game with absolutely no filler.

no filler? what about all the unskipable cut scenes? they are all filler

Retroboy
11-17-2011, 06:02 AM
i find most of EA games are cr@p they either rip ideas from other games which to me whats the point in paying for it when its a cloned idea.

or if EA (which is very rare) comes up with something of their own, its very short and not worth paying for.

Eat My Ar$e, its a sh1t Game..

Z3R0B4NG
11-17-2011, 06:29 AM
hmm...

making the game take less time than it takes to download might be a good way to combat piracy

at this point the name "Need for Speed" is only there for brand recognition,
who would blindly BUY a random racing game if it was just named "The Run"

...riiight

"Need for Speed" by now only stands for "random EA racing game"

Retroboy
11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
lol so true EA is franchise whore EA is like nintendo, same crap each year (i think its time Gannon dies, and i think its time Mario gets on with his life, the princes loves bowsers c0ck!!)

King@HK
11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
No surprise, when I've known the game made by Blackbox, only two results would happen, FAIL or EPIC FAIL.

shakuhatch
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I bought the game (PS3 version), it's actually quite fun when it works but the multiplayer is plagued with serious bugs, it's the worst as far as bugs are concerned for any racing game I've played on PS3.. I've yet to complete one good session wihout it freezing or going to a black screen.... did they forget to test this game or what?? :mad:

billysastard
11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I bought the game (PS3 version), it's actually quite fun when it works but the multiplayer is plagued with serious bugs, it's the worst as far as bugs are concerned for any racing game I've played on PS3.. I've yet to complete one good session wihout it freezing or going to a black screen.... did they forget to test this game or what?? :mad:

worse that gt5 was? that must really take some doing.

saleem
11-18-2011, 07:15 AM
this game is very bad.
:(

billysastard
11-18-2011, 07:30 AM
this game is very bad.
:(

this "game" is very EA

too short, overpriced, online pass, content removed for day 1 dlc and lots of already made dlc to buy, the perfect storm of greed and failure.

gDrive
11-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Need for sh*t. :p:rolleyes:

SOMPWL!

All Black Box-developed Need for Speed games have turned into sh!t - just look at Undercover/ProStreet

No surprise, when I've known the game made by Blackbox, only two results would happen, FAIL or EPIC FAIL.

My thoughts exactly.

lol so true EA is franchise whore EA is like nintendo, same crap each year (i think its time Gannon dies, and i think its time Mario gets on with his life, the princess loves bowsers c0ck!!)

It's been a while since I came on here and what do I see? Some funny-ass comments here LMAO!

Uh-oh, Bowser has jizzed all over Princess Peach's face - Mario will NOT be pleased with that - tut tut tut.