PDA

View Full Version : PS Vita Firmware xTractor released by SKFU

garyopa
11-22-2011, 09:03 AM
The PS Vita is only a few months away, but already developers are ripping apart the units!

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000294/icon_xl.jpg

SKFU has returned to the 'scene' finally, and with a new release this time for the up-coming 'PS Vita', allowing the firmwares for it to be un-pack and explored for possible Jailbreak routes, etc.

Since a more or less short break from public posts I am back with a little tool called "PS VITA Firmware xTractor".
For now it only works with firmware 00.945.040, tho surely I will update it sooner or later.
Just a short info about the firmware itself, it is not unencrypted like the PS3 ones.
The tool is ment for those who will join the VITA scene as a little sign that you are not alone

Crawl out of your holes and come up with your tools and research, guys!

I hope the PS VITA scene will not **** up as the PS3 scene did over the last months cuz of the piracy infected environment.
If you ask anyone who was with the beginning of the PS3 scene it was much more fun without the commercial sense behind it all.
Without this **** it would even have saved many talented people of a lot of trouble.
Nevertheless I hope to see the good guys back @ VITA!
Greetz to the ones who kept it real,

- SKFU

This is great news, it means by the time 'PS Vita' launches on the market, there might already be a Jailbreak for it! :)

NEWS SOURCE: PS Vita Firmware Xtractor (via) StreetSkaterFU (http://streetskaterfu.blogspot.com/2011/11/ps-vita-firmware-xtractor.html)

Retroboy
11-22-2011, 09:55 AM
this actually confirmed, id be amazed how a fw extractor is released for a system thats not even released so how would hackers know what the fw layout would be??

garyopa
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
this actually confirmed, id be amazed how a fw extractor is released for a system thats not even released so how would hackers know what the fw layout would be??

They are testing it with the 'alpha' and 'beta' development firmwares:

For now it only works with firmware 00.945.040

The some thing happen with the PS3 there was alot of ripping apart and utilities for the TOOL firmwares below v1.00

But once the actual RETAIL units appeared, the PS3 was alot more encrypted and layout was more protected.

I am sure Sony will do the same with the 'PS Vita'

Ahmed_p800
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
That is nice and all, but they shouldve not released it NOW!

Sony will know, and will stop it asap!

mattias800
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Stop it? O_o
How?

Xenogears V
11-23-2011, 05:42 AM
For now it is usefull to hacker to study as firmware work. But for sure psp, come out with 1.00 and not 00.09 ecc ecc.

MadonnaProject
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM
bring it on please.