PDA

View Full Version : iPhone blows up on Airplane

garyopa
11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Apple iPhone spontaneously combusts aboard flight in Australia

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000322/icon_xl.jpg

An Apple iPhone spontaneously began smoking and emitting a red glow while aboard an airplane in Australia. Passengers aboard Regional Express flight ZL319 were welcomed to their destination in Sydney.

Regional Express (Rex) flight ZL319 operating from Lismore to Sydney today had an occurrence after landing, when a passenger's mobile phone started emitting a significant amount of dense smoke accompanied by a red glow.

In accordance with company standard safety procedures, the Flight Attendant carried out recovery actions immediately and the red glow was extinguished successfully.

All passengers and crew on board were unharmed.

The matter has been reported to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) as well as the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) for investigation and directions.

The mobile phone in question appears to be an Apple iPhone (see picture above) and has been handed over to ATSB for analysis.

CASA has been previously warned about problems like this happening with lithium ion batteries in aircraft so we just might be seeing more of these reports in the near future, as more and more equipment is packing lithium cells inside their tiny electronic bodies!

NEWS SOURCE: iPhone Explodes (via) BGR ("")

wewii
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
iFAIL

Another example of why iProducts are cheap quality overpriced BS.

Battlefield
12-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Why is it that when a phone blows up, its always a Iphone?

It must be because its overpriced crap.

I have never ever bought anything of the low quality Apple ****, and i never will. The iFashion will wear off soon anyway.

billysastard
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Why is it that when a phone blows up, its always a Iphone?

It must be because its overpriced crap.

I have never ever bought anything of the low quality Apple ****, and i never will. The iFashion will wear off soon anyway.

its not always an i-phone, sometimes its a psp ;) but yes, it tends not to be quality products, just overpriced / over rated ones.

gDrive
12-01-2011, 03:04 PM
its not always an i-phone, sometimes its a psp ;) but yes, it tends not to be quality products, just overpriced / over rated ones.

Perhaps someone was trying to shove some "plastic explosive" in the iPhone/PSP! #lamejoke :p

DEDDOA
12-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Thats probably the most usefull thing I have seen an iPhone do, maybe more should do it as it irritates me when I see all the sheep with them singing their praises as due to some crappy app like the lightsabre one but ignoring that it's a second rate phone that is just part of a mobile app store.

Yes some may get the impression I dislike the iPhone from that little rant, I will say tho I was looking forward to it as soon as I heard it was in the works, right up untill the point that I used mine and it put me off the damn things for life as it was so lacking that it made sub 50 phones look overly feature packed, SE or Sony as they will be in future phones for me that is so long as they don't go down the toilet with only Sony at the helm.

billysastard
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
and another one goes off, this time on a bedside table in brazil, 15 inches from a mans face.:eek:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328275/exploding-iphones-being-investigated/

(http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328275/exploding-iphones-being-investigated/)

garyopa
12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
It seems the Samsung Galaxy S2 has the same problem:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s2-catches-fire-in-mans-pocket-1045040

Maybe I will post this later in the android section as news!

billysastard
12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
It seems the Samsung Galaxy S2 has the same problem:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s2-catches-fire-in-mans-pocket-1045040

Maybe I will post this later in the android section as news!

well it would be fair i guess.

btw i added a few new news items (including a biggie (xenoblade wii usa) and a outing for half life 3)

MadonnaProject
12-04-2011, 03:05 AM
um....iterrorism?

Alex_From_HK
12-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm a new member here anyways from Hong Kong as well

I have lots of experiences of Apple's Highway robbery prices in Hong Kong and I am not the only one

I know there are cases of when people's Ipod,Iphone,Ipad and etc need repairing,they are being charged the full price for example a new Iphone screen can set you back as far as $1,800 Hong Kong Dollar when you take it in for repair

If the repair centre staff are in a bad mood,they will not attempt to repair and just tell you to pay full price for the new Ipod,Iphone or Ipad

If your Iphone was from a telecommunications company like Owtel or One2Free and needs repairing,Apple will simply tell you to go back to those companies just mentioned to get it repaired and you will be charged at inflated prices

Those 3 scanarios just mentioned can happen if you live in Hong Kong and ever own a Iphone,Ipod,Ipad,Mac or Ibook

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: