PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Zelda series keeping motion controls

garyopa
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Skyward Sword waggling 'will be used' in next Zelda.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000217/icon_xl.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's motion control scheme is here to stay, series boss Eiji Aonuma has said.

Despite initial misgivings about requiring players to use the Wii Remote's MotionPlus attachment, Aonuma now believes buttons are a thing of the past for the Zelda series.

"I honestly think we cannot go back to button controls now", Aonuma revealed in a new ONM interview (via Kotaku). "So I think that these controls will be used in future Zelda titles, too."

Now the question is how are they going to do that with the Wii-U 'tablet' controller, waving it around 7" thingie will not be easy.

At the E3 they had a short demo of using the 'screen' in the tablet for 'inventory control', but that mean you have to put down the tablet and pick up a Wii remote for the sword fights?

NEWS SOURCE: Zelda To Keep Motion Controls (via) EuroGamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-12-nintendo-zelda-series-keeping-motion-controls)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another great Nintendo news tip!

mattias800
12-13-2011, 04:02 AM
First of all, good. Zelda is a better game with it.

Second, this doesn't necessarily mean that the sword is swung using the controller.
But if it is, great, that was awesome :)

Third, they could mean just balancing stuff with the Wii U controller.
Or maybe you are using both, but maybe that is too much.

In any case, I trust Nintendo to do good things here. They just need to update the entire Zelda engine. It feels like its 10 years old :)

Darkest_RaVeN
12-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I couldn't agree more. I loved the controls for Skyward Sword. I own every Zelda from the NES original onwards and motion plus really changed the gameplay after getting used to it. My only complaint was that it didn't look that much better than Ocarina from 13 years ago. And 'Waggling' was pretty much what you had to do in Twighlight Princess on Wii