PDA

View Full Version : Wii Releases Looking Weak, Wii U to Come This Summer

garyopa
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
The Wii might not be shelved yet but, a new launch is on its way.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000229/icon_xl.jpg

With the Wii games having a short release list, they obviously plan on launching their highly anticipated and questionable, next-generation system.

Nintendo is known for changing with the times whenever they release a new system, because it attracts an audience different from the 'generation' before it. With the Wii being family oriented and every console using motion controls, the Wii U will take today's hottest commodity and turn it into a unique interactive controller, a tablet. Also, Nintendo will start appealing to mature audiences with mature games being released at launch. THQ has announced Darksiders II for a launch in summer 2012 for Pc, XBox 360, PS3, and leaving the Wii U for 'launch'. Nintendo hasn't told us yet because they plan on showing the finalized hardware at E3, which starts right before summer. Come on, its not hard to put two and two together folks.

A lot of people are speculating on a fall release because much time is usually spent outdoors. But, look at XBox 360. It got a head start ahead of its competition a year and a half early, and in late spring. Why wouldn't Nintendo do the same?

Who knows how many Wii Games are left to come, sure. Don't count out Nintendo just yet, but from the looks of it the scarcity of Wii games prove that Nintendo is moving on. There are a few Nintendo releases to come, especially the highly requested Japanese RPGs. Only one WiiWare title but downloads always change. Take a look at upcoming 2012 releases for the system.

Nintendo Wii Software for 2012
Boom Street™ (Nintendo/Square Enix) — 6th January 2012 (Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy - 23rd December 2011)
The Last Story™ (Nintendo) — 24th February 2012
Mario Party™ 9 (Nintendo) — March 2012
PokÚPark™ 2: Wonders Beyond (Nintendo) — March 2012
Winter Sports 2012 (PQube) — Q1 2012
We Sing Pop (Nordic Games Publishing AB) — Q1 2012
We Sing 80's (Nordic Games Publishing AB) — Q2 2012
La-Mulana [Download] (Nicalis) — Q1 2012
Pandora’s Tower™ (Nintendo) — Q2 2012
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise™ (Nintendo) — 2012
NEWS SOURCES: Wii Games 2012 (via) NintendoLife (http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/nintendo_has_these_wii_games_planned_for_early_201 2) and Darksiders 2 (via) VideoGamer (http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/darksiders_2/news/darksiders_2_out_summer_2012.html)

Our thanks to 'baggybagg' for his thoughts on when the new 'Wii-U' console will launch!

Retroboy
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
mature games ok ill love to see that when it happens, it may have a few but it will be a repeat GC/Wii with more kids games.

if not its highly likely to be last gen ports that we have already played on teh 360/ps3

JonathanD
12-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Each generation requires longer and longer development cycles, this means that the last generation systems will get less games near the end and even fewer games released after the new system is out.

I just hope they make some original games, not ports of Call of Duty part XI that everyone has been playing since the early days of the PS2 and slightly before on the PC.

The other question I have about the Wii-U is with it being BC with the Wii how is Nintendo going to keep out the hacks?

As far as I know even the latest firmware on the Wii is hackable via Mailbomb or has that been fixed? Not that I am complaining but I know publishers would much rather have a locked down system.

Edit: I would love it if the Wii-U was hacked, the Wii has been the best system I know of when it comes to homebrew. The depth of some homebrew games is amazing!

Retroboy
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
depends on its security, i was amazed tho how fast the wii was to be hacked.

but honestly nintendo stating better games, i find that very hard to beleive, i can see it as another wii which devs will simply create games based on the iFAD controller, which was the downfall to me on the wii, becuase every game ended up been the same party/kids games.

by the looks of the wii-u its going to be riddled with quick n easy table app kinda games, which arent bad for a iphone but on a console??

finaly the shape of the iFAD omg what a feckin brick, that doesnt look comfy to use both analogues and having to try reach the buttons at the same time.

billysastard
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
depends on its security, i was amazed tho how fast the wii was to be hacked.

but honestly nintendo stating better games, i find that very hard to beleive, i can see it as another wii which devs will simply create games based on the iFAD controller, which was the downfall to me on the wii, becuase every game ended up been the same party/kids games.

by the looks of the wii-u its going to be riddled with quick n easy table app kinda games, which arent bad for a iphone but on a console??

finaly the shape of the iFAD omg what a feckin brick, that doesnt look comfy to use both analogues and having to try reach the buttons at the same time.

its the ifad controller to you now, but what will it be once its a success and sony / ms copy it mid generation?

oh and that "brick" is really light and comfortable to hold, its really easy to reach the pad / buttons from both sticks partly because the shaped back gives you a very easy hand position for stability.

Retroboy
12-14-2011, 01:55 AM
its the ifad controller to you now, but what will it be once its a success and sony / ms copy it mid generation?

oh and that "brick" is really light and comfortable to hold, its really easy to reach the pad / buttons from both sticks partly because the shaped back gives you a very easy hand position for stability.

so ms and sony copy, when sony was using eyetoy motion control gaming before nintnedo did the wii, but saying that ms and sony wont copy this because they already have a motion controller move/kinect.

this is 99% going to be another wii, cheap to produce, iFAD gimmick controller, make a hype to sell crazy (possibly keep a shortage to keep a demand going) rake loads of profit, forget about making excellent games.

you can see it coming already (after looking at the wii) all the games are going to be based on the iFAD controller, and will have the same kinda games.

i know it may sound i have a dislike for nintnedo, but thats simply because it fails to offer games id play all the way through or more than once, i know this wont be a system i buy, but sony and MS's next system (regardless how much more it will cost) i will buy, because they dont just offer kids games or party games, they get far more better games than nintnedo.

all ill do is wait n see, if (ill be very amazed) the wii-u isnt going to be another wii all over again, and actually have better games (not shovel ware) id get one (but only if cheap ar$e nintendo actaully make the Blu Ray drive play Blu Ray movies) but i highly doubt it because they cube (admitted by nintendo) lacked, the wii (nintendo dont care because its made them sh1t loads of $$ so dont care about its games) again like the cube has lacked, so not hard to assume the wii-u (last gen system + iFAD controller) will have the same games.

but since when has gaming only been about stupid controllers, if nintendo offer a plain good old controll pad and had all games that support the iFAD if you choose to use it, insted they have it that you have no choice, you have to use it, and think this is why the wii (and the wii-u) will get the same cr@p.

but time will tell (not been big headed but im 99.9% possitive ill be right)

LKJHGFDSA
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM
When's "this summer" for you guys?
This summer for me in Australia is now until after the next couple months.

JonathanD
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
so ms and sony copy, when sony was using eyetoy motion control gaming before nintnedo did the wii, but saying that ms and sony wont copy this because they already have a motion controller move/kinect.

this is 99% going to be another wii, cheap to produce, iFAD gimmick controller, make a hype to sell crazy (possibly keep a shortage to keep a demand going) rake loads of profit, forget about making excellent games.

you can see it coming already (after looking at the wii) all the games are going to be based on the iFAD controller, and will have the same kinda games.

i know it may sound i have a dislike for nintnedo, but thats simply because it fails to offer games id play all the way through or more than once, i know this wont be a system i buy, but sony and MS's next system (regardless how much more it will cost) i will buy, because they dont just offer kids games or party games, they get far more better games than nintnedo.

all ill do is wait n see, if (ill be very amazed) the wii-u isnt going to be another wii all over again, and actually have better games (not shovel ware) id get one (but only if cheap ar$e nintendo actaully make the Blu Ray drive play Blu Ray movies) but i highly doubt it because they cube (admitted by nintendo) lacked, the wii (nintendo dont care because its made them sh1t loads of $$ so dont care about its games) again like the cube has lacked, so not hard to assume the wii-u (last gen system + iFAD controller) will have the same games.

but since when has gaming only been about stupid controllers, if nintendo offer a plain good old controll pad and had all games that support the iFAD if you choose to use it, insted they have it that you have no choice, you have to use it, and think this is why the wii (and the wii-u) will get the same cr@p.

but time will tell (not been big headed but im 99.9% possitive ill be right)

Good god your posts are so hard to read... Where you kicked out of school or did you just drop out?

I'm not normally a grammar or spelling Nazi but this is crazy.

It even has incomplete sentences where you started to say something then just stopped....

Retroboy
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
lol i know i love :D

ha ha

JonathanD
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo

Ahmed_p800
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
mature games ok ill love to see that when it happens, it may have a few but it will be a repeat GC/Wii with more kids games.

if not its highly likely to be last gen ports that we have already played on teh 360/ps3

Kids games are more fun...

Nicotine
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Kids games are more fun...

you'll realize that's incorrect once your mommy allows you to play games rated higher than E....

the wii u will sell like hot cakes at first, then taper off quickly. I think the wii left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.... gamecube ports, horrible visuals, and lack of quality new titles (hardly any new/original IP)

even if they fix up visuals, the only "good" games are that produced by nintendo generally - and with that, we'll just see more mario/zelda rehashes. nothing new, nothing exciting.

JonathanD
12-14-2011, 09:48 PM
you'll realize that's incorrect once your mommy allows you to play games rated higher than E....

the wii u will sell like hot cakes at first, then taper off quickly. I think the wii left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.... gamecube ports, horrible visuals, and lack of quality new titles (hardly any new/original IP)

even if they fix up visuals, the only "good" games are that produced by nintendo generally - and with that, we'll just see more mario/zelda rehashes. nothing new, nothing exciting.

I think all 3 systems flopped when it comes to unoriginal IP this gen, my PS3 has almost zero games like the ones I bought for my PS2. If I was into shooters the PS3 would rock exactly like the 360 and the PC so very original that I can play the exact same game on all 3 systems! Ports are nice but I just wish they would port more then just Generic Shooter #849 Adult Gamer Edition: This Time its for real!

To be honest the ONLY way you would get the same depth of games this gen as just owning a PS2 last gen is to buy all three systems and I think this gen would still be left wanting.

Retroboy
12-15-2011, 01:59 AM
i know shooters have been ott this gen (on all systems) but its clear theyre popular, reaching 1billion within days obviously proves people like them, also if you say the ps3 has lacked games, guess theyres been quiet a few (and compare the ip games nintendo gets which are cr@p).

if any console is a flop its the wii, with poor diluted console ports leaving games that arent ports pretty poor in comparison the the 360/ps3.

but i agree, that nintendo will make a hype for the wii-u, like they did with the wii making out your actions will be represented in the game, yet it never its just point/swing/shake/click, then after a year or two it will die off, ive never seen any nintendo game sell the ammounts that the 360/ps3 does, thats simply because it never gets games like this.

Mr.Do!
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
i know shooters have been ott this gen (on all systems) but its clear theyre popular, reaching 1billion within days obviously proves people like them, also if you say the ps3 has lacked games, guess theyres been quiet a few (and compare the ip games nintendo gets which are cr@p).

if any console is a flop its the wii, with poor diluted console ports leaving games that arent ports pretty poor in comparison the the 360/ps3.

but i agree, that nintendo will make a hype for the wii-u, like they did with the wii making out your actions will be represented in the game, yet it never its just point/swing/shake/click, then after a year or two it will die off, ive never seen any nintendo game sell the ammounts that the 360/ps3 does, thats simply because it never gets games like this.

If you are talking about COD reaching 1 billion in a few days... That is 1 billion dollars.. not 1 billion copies sold.. And that is combined between ps3/360/pc and wii? Is it out on wii? I'm not sure... Either way its combined between 3 or 4 platforms.. So if it didn't sell more than just a single system exclusive that would be pathetic.

Nintendos games are some of the top selling games made.. You don't have to like them... but to call them flops and that they don't sell well is just wrong..

Everyone has their likes.. The wii is only a crap system for people who don't like the games on it. I found plenty i like as many others i know. Could it have been better.. definitely.. The way 3ds is going.. I expect Wii-U to have a decent showing... But thats just me..

I doubt it will be the second coming of jesus.. but that is how people hype stuff these days... Look at everyone creaming over the iPad.. Is it cool? yeah.. But what isn't cool these days.. Everything that comes out is the next best thing.

JonathanD
12-15-2011, 10:18 AM
If you are talking about COD reaching 1 billion in a few days... That is 1 billion dollars.. not 1 billion copies sold.. And that is combined between ps3/360/pc and wii? Is it out on wii? I'm not sure... Either way its combined between 3 or 4 platforms.. So if it didn't sell more than just a single system exclusive that would be pathetic.

Nintendos games are some of the top selling games made.. You don't have to like them... but to call them flops and that they don't sell well is just wrong..

Everyone has their likes.. The wii is only a crap system for people who don't like the games on it. I found plenty i like as many others i know. Could it have been better.. definitely.. The way 3ds is going.. I expect Wii-U to have a decent showing... But thats just me..

I doubt it will be the second coming of jesus.. but that is how people hype stuff these days... Look at everyone creaming over the iPad.. Is it cool? yeah.. But what isn't cool these days.. Everything that comes out is the next best thing.

When it comes to sales figures he tends to invent his own numbers. A real fanboy says his favorite system outsold the other systems no matter what any other person, company, web page, or God himself says. A billion dollars is a huge number but Nintendo was making that off just something as stupid as Pokemon for many years running... (16 years and 16 billion dollars)

Then there are the top selling games for the Wii that already outsold even CoD. Mario Kart Wii sold over 28 million copies, doing some quick math says thats 1.4 billion dollars at 50$ a pop, please note that this is on just one system. Not sales across multiple systems for the same game like CoD.

I am sure he will have some sort of comment on this but the numbers do speak louder then anything he could possibly have to say.

Edit: Some extra thought on the subject, this means that COD sold 7-8 million copies per system, PS3,360,PC. I wonder what the actual split was? I would bet good money that it sold much much better on the 360 then it did on any of the others.

billysastard
12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
And that is combined between ps3/360/pc and wii? Is it out on wii? I'm not sure...

its on the wii and the ds too and it also includes subs to cod elite which come to one million paid subscribers (many from the hardened edition) thus further diluting the sales figures.