PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR Supposed Super Smash Bros Universe New Character List

garyopa
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Leaked Document Containing The Character Line-Up

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000410/icon_xl.jpg

It is basically a rumor, but this leaked document has been making the rounds on the 'net, and it looks it could infact be legit!

Not more can be said regarding this rumor which all started from Japanese image board, and quickly spread across the world after getting posted on 4Chan and GBATemp.

Here is line-up which claims to be from the already confirmed Smash Bros. game for the Wii-U and Nintendo 3DS:
King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Ridley (Metroid)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Megaman (Megaman)
Crystal (Star Fox)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Sonic (Sonic)
NEWS SOURCE: Smash Bros. Rumor (via) GBAtemp (http://gbatemp.net/topic/316923-rumor-supposed-super-smash-bros-universe-new-character-list/page__pid__4035225#entry4035225)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another news story

Cyber Akuma
12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
You honestly expect me to believe that they are making a Smash Brothers game with no Mario, Link, or Pikachu? Not to mention that this list sounds more like a fan's wet dream rather than a legitimately thought out balanced set of characters.

Even if this list is legitimate, its just a bunch of brainstormed characters on a list, they likely haven't even started developing the characters for the game yet, there is no way a brainstormed bunch of names written on a piece of paper will end up not changing from the final released game.

Bascially, this list could not possibly be any more worthless.

billysastard
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
You honestly expect me to believe that they are making a Smash Brothers game with no Mario, Link, or Pikachu? Not to mention that this list sounds more like a fan's wet dream rather than a legitimately thought out balanced set of characters.

Even if this list is legitimate, its just a bunch of brainstormed characters on a list, they likely haven't even started developing the characters for the game yet, there is no way a brainstormed bunch of names written on a piece of paper will end up not changing from the final released game.

Bascially, this list could not possibly be any more worthless.

i think the idea is that they would be ADDITIONAL characters, but as you say, its likely many would change before its shown in private next june.

JonathanD
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM
i think the idea is that they would be ADDITIONAL characters, but as you say, its likely many would change before its shown in private next june.

Maybe Nintendo will steal a page from EA and release the game with only Nintendo's own IP then sell ALL the other characters separately so people can use them in online play...

I'm kidding, but I guess its possible.

billysastard
12-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Maybe Nintendo will steal a page from EA and release the game with only Nintendo's own IP then sell ALL the other characters separately so people can use them in online play...

I'm kidding, but I guess its possible.

well as you say its not likely, things like characters, skins and map packs are still not on nintendos agenda although sadly they may allow for 3rd parties (aka the greedy scum), nintendo philosophy states any add on dlc should ENHANCE AND EXTEND the original game not simply complete it so think of things like shivering isles, episodes from vice city and undead nightmare rather than a map pack, t-shirt or new costume.

cafevincent
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Still no mother brain :(