PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest X tops the japanese most wanted games for 2012

garyopa
01-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Square-Enix new MMORPG is the most anticipated game in Japan.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000490/icon_xl.jpg

Even if it's a Online only game, japanese people still want the next DQ installment, according to a Famitsu survey.

One of the most recognized japanese video game magazine, Famitsu, has revealed the most anticipated games for 2012, according to a survey conducted by the end of December.

1. Dragon Quest X (Wii)
2. Dragon's Dogma (PS3)
3. Photo Kano (PSP)
4. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
5. Persona 4 (PSV)
6. Animal Crossing (3DS)
7. New Love Plus (3DS)
8. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
9. Asura's Wrath (PS3)
10. Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
11. One Piece Kaizoku Musou (PS3)
12. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
13. The Last Remnant (PS3)
14. God Eater 2 (PSP)
15. Persona 4 (PS3)
16. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishing II Rvelation of Evil God (PSP)
17. Tales of Innocence R (PSV)
18. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
19. The Last Guardian (PS3)
20. 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (PS3)

Dragon Quest X for Wii tops the list. The next DQ installment is a MMORPG, and was fully revealed last year. Even if it is the first online game in the series, seems japanese gamers still badly want the game.

The game is being developed by Square Enix, and is expected to launch this year on Wii, with a planned Wii U HD release after the console release.

NEWS SOURCE: Most Anticipated Games for 2012 (via) GoNintendo (http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169356)

Another great news story by 'Gauss'

billysastard
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
is that the first time anything related to the playstation moab has managed to get a top 5 spot?

JonathanD
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
is that the first time anything related to the playstation moab has managed to get a top 5 spot?

Well its just an anticipated list so we will see how it does on the sales lists when those hit...

Going to be an interesting year to watch.

My new meta game is watching game companies fight for dominance of the market. It seems to be more fun then most of the shooters out right now.

Sony alone makes it worth watching, sort of like watching skate board accidents on youtube. You know you shouldn't laugh but you cant help it.

billysastard
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Well its just an anticipated list so we will see how it does on the sales lists when those hit...

Going to be an interesting year to watch.

My new meta game is watching game companies fight for dominance of the market. It seems to be more fun then most of the shooters out right now.

Sony alone makes it worth watching, sort of like watching skate board accidents on youtube. You know you shouldn't laugh but you cant help it.

wait until gary gets around to posting this weeks media create figures from the old news tips forum, the moab sales dropped pretty much another 50% on in its 3rd week (down to around 40k), even the psp beat it by 20,000 units and not a single moab game got into the top 20.

JonathanD
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM
wait until gary gets around to posting this weeks media create figures from the old news tips forum, the moab sales dropped pretty much another 50% on in its 3rd week (down to around 40k), even the psp beat it by 20,000 units and not a single moab game got into the top 20.

Ouch, the PSP outsold the Vita? Thats gotta hurt, its not like the PSP was setting the world on fire as it is.

If this keeps up for a few months I suspect we will start to see a bunch of cancellations of games, and that does nothing to help sales of the machine.

If Nintendo keeps this up Sony is going to join Atari and Sega in the graveyard of hardware makers, of course with one key difference... I at least kinda felt bad that Sega and Atari left the hardware market. With Sony they make such great hardware then throw a monkey wrench factory in it, makes it hard to feel bad for them.

I compare the Vita from Sony to Atari's Jaguar hmmm thats not really fair, I kind of wanted a Jaguar when they came out.

billysastard
01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Ouch, the PSP outsold the Vita? Thats gotta hurt, its not like the PSP was setting the world on fire as it is.

If this keeps up for a few months I suspect we will start to see a bunch of cancellations of games, and that does nothing to help sales of the machine.

If Nintendo keeps this up Sony is going to join Atari and Sega in the graveyard of hardware makers, of course with one key difference... I at least kinda felt bad that Sega and Atari left the hardware market. With Sony they make such great hardware then throw a monkey wrench factory in it, makes it hard to feel bad for them.

I compare the Vita from Sony to Atari's Jaguar hmmm thats not really fair, I kind of wanted a Jaguar when they came out.

psp 62,746
moab 42,648

and dont forget thats including the 20% discount that many stores were offering to clear excess stocks of the 3g version (which made it same price as the wifi version).