PDA

View Full Version : The classic Prince of Persia games are coming to Wii and 3DS VC

garyopa
01-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Two Virtual Console classics will be released this week on Nintendo systems.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000797/icon_xl.jpg

Wii owners will get a VC release of the old Prince of Persia for SNES, 3DS owners will get the Game Boy Color incarnation. Coming this week.

The Prince of Persia classics are being re-released this week to the Nintendo VC services on both Wii and 3DS.

Wii owners will get the old Prince of Persia from SNES, which was an enhanced version of the old Apple II classic. 3DS owners will get the Game Boy Color version of the same game.

The Prince's Game Boy Color appearance was back in 1999. This week on 3DS the game will cost 4.50/5.

The Wii Virtual Console version, however, is superior. A port of the extended SNES Prince of Persia, this contains almost double the number of levels as well as various other enhancements.

It's also slightly more expensive at 800 Wii Points (about 5.60).

Not bad at all, and seems we are still getting new Virtual Console releases for Wii!

NEWS SOURCE: Prince of Persia on WiiWare & 3DS (via) EuroGamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-16-download-prince-of-persia-on-wiiware-3ds-this-week)

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another quick news tip!

JonathanD
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM
The SNES one was pretty awesome for its time and still holds up well all things considered.

This could be a nice deal for those who haven't hacked the Wii to play SNES.

For those with hacked Wii's the latest SNES emulator and a classic game pad will make you feel like your playing on the original hardware! Some FX games seem slightly slow but still very playable, the slowness might actually be accurate but with out digging my SNES out of storage....

MadonnaProject
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
pfft....more re-releases. Just dig up your old console, or download this as an emulator for pretty much everything.

JonathanD
01-19-2012, 12:22 AM
pfft....more re-releases. Just dig up your old console, or download this as an emulator for pretty much everything.

Believe it or not I have ran into people who I have offered to hack consoles for them (going way back to the PS1...) for next to nothing or in the case of soft mods free, and I have been flatly refused most of the time. It's weird to me, people think its great that I can play imported games, emulators, run software... but on my hardware. On hardware they own, they want nothing to do with it.

I suspect they think it would require some sort of upkeep to maintain it. In some cases this may be true, to me its rather easy updating some odd file but to average joe maybe it's just a little too much for them to bother with.

Heck just knowing your hacks need to be updated is almost a daily job.