PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Network To Rival Xbox Live And PSN?

garyopa
01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
It all started with the pictures of the new 'logo' on the artwork for the 'Theatrythm: Final Fantasy'

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000926/icon_xl.jpg

Now comments are appearing that say Nintendo's online plans will knock the other two console systems to the ground, with features never see before on a Gaming platform!

According to Nintendo Enthusiast the Nintendo Network will bring new features that havenít been used before by Nintendo and the network itself will be a rival to Microsoftís Xbox Live and Sonyís PlayStation Network.

ďA source that wished to remain anonymous has told us that Nintendo will launch a website accessible from any web browser that will handle configuration of your Nintendo Network account for use on the Wii U or 3DS.

He also stated that Nintendo Network will include many new features that havenít been used before by Nintendo. According to his accounts: Nintendo Network = Sony PSN = Xbox Live.Ē

However, he had one other detail to add: "What I can add to all this is that there is in fact one feature that is significantly ahead of one of the competitors, and I'm not talking about the well know ability to video chat. A few users on another console will be quite upset."

So are Microsoft Xbox Live and Sony PlayStation Network users going to be upset come the launch of Nintendo's Network later this year or not?

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo Network Rumors (via) NintendoEnthusiast (http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2012/01/21/rumour-roundup-nintendo-network-retro-2nd-team-wii-u-final-dev-kits-and-project-cars/)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for this news rumor

Anil8tr
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
So are Microsoft Xbox Live and Sony PlayStation Network users going to be upset come the launch of Nintendo's Network later this year or not?

Nope. Nintendo is so late to the dance on this it isn't even funny. They see the revenue XBL/PSN+ is making and I wouldn't blame them for trying to grab some of that. I just don't see it happening successfully. Last I checked Mario is a platformer and Zelda and Metroid are NOT multiplayer games. Metroid MP sounds pretty cool though. That's not all Nintendo has. But, the bulk of their third-party games suck ass. Good luck with that. You need the games first and foremost that will support a MP community. They just don't have that if they keep recycling the same titles over and over.

billysastard
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Nope. Nintendo is so late to the dance on this it isn't even funny. They see the revenue XBL/PSN+ is making and I wouldn't blame them for trying to grab some of that. I just don't see it happening successfully. Last I checked Mario is a platformer and Zelda and Metroid are NOT multiplayer games. Metroid MP sounds pretty cool though. That's not all Nintendo has. But, the bulk of their third-party games suck ass. Good luck with that. You need the games first and foremost that will support a MP community. They just don't have that if they keep recycling the same titles over and over.

i could swear that nsmb wii was multi player, smash bros certainly is as is mario party, mario kart and a bunch of mario sports titles, oh and metroid prime hunters was multiplayer too, maybe they werent all online multiplayer but they certainly could be, however that makes no difference, they could all remain offline if as it seems so many multi platform online games are coming to wii u so games buyers would get a choice of a decent single player game or a pathetic single player game with a dlc laden online multiplayer at least they would have that choice.

who knows, maybe the fantastic new feature is something as simple as a ban on online passes and day 1 / on disc dlc which in itself would be a massive improvement over live / psn.

sotsog
01-22-2012, 01:24 PM
No one will see this as a threat but I'm glad to see Nintendo finally realizing that this is a necessary step in the gaming industry. The lack of third party multiplayer games in the past is due to Nintendo having almost no online support features. With a new system that I believe is being run by EA from an earlier rumor and with WiiU on the horizon I would expect to see the same third party shooters as the PS3 and Xbox 360. If this proves successful for the company we can expect to see original Nintendo titles evolve into multiplayer.

Cyber Akuma
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM
This is NINTENDO we are talking about, it will be half assed in ways nobody even imagined before, just like everything else. They always seem to fix something while breaking something else that was working fine before.

Look at when Nintendo FINALLY got around to offering downloadable demos on the 3DS.... there is a 30 play limit! It took them over a decade to finally ditch friend codes yet they still use them on a system level in the 3DS.

Even if Nintendo Network has all the features of PSN/Live, they WILL implement some asinine limit, somewhere, which nobody has done before, and which will severely limit the network as well as make it annoying to use. They always have, they always will, the just don't seem to get it that sometimes, its best just to give them what others have instead of putting their own asinine spin on it.

Anil8tr
01-22-2012, 02:49 PM
i could swear that nsmb wii was multi player, smash bros certainly is as is mario party, mario kart and a bunch of mario sports titles, oh and metroid prime hunters was multiplayer too, maybe they werent all online multiplayer but they certainly could be, however that makes no difference, they could all remain offline if as it seems so many multi platform online games are coming to wii u so games buyers would get a choice of a decent single player game or a pathetic single player game with a dlc laden online multiplayer at least they would have that choice.

who knows, maybe the fantastic new feature is something as simple as a ban on online passes and day 1 / on disc dlc which in itself would be a massive improvement over live / psn.

I guess you thought I meant local MP in general. I primarily was referring to online MP. I know a few of those titles you mentioned have it. I never noticed if Mario Party had online MP. I always played locally. But, if the list is limited to something with Mario in the title to get online MP, that already handicaps Nintendo. They need the backing of their third party to get the games people want to play working with their network. It's going to have growing pains as anything does when it is new. I just don't see this being sought after by the Nintendo audience as it is for Sony/MS console owners. There's a lot of casuals who own Wii's. Playing online for someone who only plays a couple hours a week just isn't much reason to bring something new that won't take off from a business standpoint. Sure we may want online MP for it. But, we game outside of the Wii and have seen how fun online MP is where they don't.

As for Nintendo not making people pay for DLC, good luck with that. I think Nintendo would cash in on paid DLC. Maybe not to the extreme of the other two. But, I can definitely see them slowly implementing this in the high profile releases.