PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Reconfirms That The Wii U Controller Still Isnít Final

garyopa
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Nintendo has a long history of making great controllers that have changed the game for developers.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS000000924/icon_xl.jpg

They innovated with the D-Pad on the original NES, added the first commercially successful analog joystick with the N64 and changed the game industry forever with their motion-controlled Wii remotes.

After having multiple hands-on experiences with the Wii U's new controller we believe Nintendo has yet another well thought out and quirky interface that both gamers and developers will be excited to support.

Nintendo reconfirmed to Industry Gamers at this years Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that the company still hasnít finalised the Wii U controller.

IGN previously took issue with the fact that the Wii U controller features Circle Pads instead of Analogue Sticks and that the controller features two traditional shoulder buttons instead of Xbox 360 style triggers.

NEWS SOURCE: Don't discount the Wii-U tablet controller (via) IndustryGamers (http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-dont-discount-the-tablet-controller/)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another fine news tip!

JonathanD
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I hope the design is at least close to final, I liked the controller as it was. One thing they could have done was to make the screen a bit smaller, hard decision though. If you make the screen smaller the controller gets smaller, easier to use, cheaper. Go larger and you gain the ability to use the controller as a primary display and watch Netflix on it while laying in bed plus 20 other cool things.

Either way the suspense is killing me, the sooner I know what the final design is of all these consoles the sooner I can pick the "winner".

billysastard
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I hope the design is at least close to final, I liked the controller as it was. One thing they could have done was to make the screen a bit smaller, hard decision though. If you make the screen smaller the controller gets smaller, easier to use, cheaper. Go larger and you gain the ability to use the controller as a primary display and watch Netflix on it while laying in bed plus 20 other cool things.

Either way the suspense is killing me, the sooner I know what the final design is of all these consoles the sooner I can pick the "winner".

irs not about screen size its about location / type of l2/r2 at present its digital but people seem to want analog.