PDA

View Full Version : Maximus Dongle

Nocuddle
01-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Been living inside the microwave for awhile....

Can any1 tell me if I can do anything further wit my Maximus? Im still stuck at 3.41 due to FBA emu that I liek.
Whats the latest best dongle? Should I stay at 3.41? I just read that Cobra plays PSP (wow).

So many Qs, so lazy to read/search....

billysastard
01-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Been living inside the microwave for awhile....

Can any1 tell me if I can do anything further wit my Maximus? Im still stuck at 3.41 due to FBA emu that I liek.
Whats the latest best dongle? Should I stay at 3.41? I just read that Cobra plays PSP (wow).

So many Qs, so lazy to read/search....

cobra plays ps2 as well (i believe both cobra and tb can now work with some other cfw's than their own)

true blue plays 3.56+ (or at least most) on 3.55

fba will run on 3.55 http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=19889

u (http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=19889)pdate to a 3.55 cfw (i use rebug) and you can do away with the dongle

react psn 2.1 will allow you to run games you previously bought on psn ;) without the need to sign in to activate them (inc minis, psp and ps1 titles)

multiman is a media manager beyond compare and includes showtime multimedia player and an excellent "screen saver"

now, remember, google is your friend ;)

Nocuddle
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Thx

So either Cobra or TB, I have to upgrade my non BC Fat to 3.55 right? Im not overly critical of playin backups, as I got another Slim unit for me just to play online.

Sounds like Cobra is the way, since its cheaper too. Can I downgrade 3.55 to 3.41 with Cobra, just in case?

Yes Google is my friend, but wont tell me specific, unlike you my friend. :p

So tell me if my Maximus is useless now?

billysastard
01-25-2012, 10:51 PM
well i cant think of any reason to revert from 3.55 to 3.41, its not like going from 3.15 to 3.55 where you loose other os but if you really dont want to move then you can get rebug for 3.41 as well everything will work the same except you wont need your maximus for your ps3 and you wont be able to play games from 3.46-3.55.

honestly not entirely sure if cobra works on 3.41 but a quick check of their homepage should say.

although i believe you can downgrade using cobra from 3.55 to 3.41 i'm sure that you could save your maximus to use that just in case ;) however using a cfw makes booting a much easier process.(just turn on and load whatever psn or retail games you have on your internal or external hdd.

my phat ps3 is a bc 60gb on 3.15 with no hack at all, a friend bought me my slim (3.41) as a joke for my birthday (along with a move setup to really take the piss) its now on 3.55.2 rebug and i have a 4 port usb hub + sd card reader plugged in with a 500gb internal and 2 1tb externals on the first 2 ports, a sdhc card in the card reader for emulation roms, the eyetoy2 in port3 and ps3usrcheat cart (total shite) or charge cable (for the chatpad) in port 4.

Nocuddle
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Damn thats a sweet accessory u got there, mine similar with 4 USB ports but no SD reader.

I guess im getting Cobra from a local shop tomorrow. Then I'll be updating to 3.55 if it wont support 3.41.

Last Q, is it the "real" CFW? I mean like its not a partial hack type (where you will keep patching, etc), but is it like PSP's M33 CFW which I think that is the "True" custom firmware.

billysastard
01-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Damn thats a sweet accessory u got there, mine similar with 4 USB ports but no SD reader.

I guess im getting Cobra from a local shop tomorrow. Then I'll be updating to 3.55 if it wont support 3.41.

Last Q, is it the "real" CFW? I mean like its not a partial hack type (where you will keep patching, etc), but is it like PSP's M33 CFW which I think that is the "True" custom firmware.

well certainly the rebug i'm using i just ran the installer from the update folder just like a normal fw and it went from 3.41ofw to 3.55 rebug then i had to install an update patch to go to 3.55.2 and another patch to spoof 3.70 so it didnt keep asking to update the firmware everytime it booted up, although of course its important to remember not to take game updates as that changes the game and can block that game from working.

i got my hub in the uk but its like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Hub-4-Ports-SD-Card-Reader-SONY-PS3-SLIM-/120835476562?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item1c225b0c52#ht_3784wt_1147 (search ps3 4 port usb).

Nocuddle
01-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Oopsie mine is actually 5 ports, damn im bad at math. Bought it from here (http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/video-games-consoles/ps3/ps3-accessories/bpnBIGW_0000000291392/ps3-intense-5-port-usb-hub).... for 15 bucks. :(

Hmmmkay, I will learn more abt this rebug thingy. Alot of things need to catch up since im away from these PS3/PSP scene.

Thanks matey. :very_drunk:

billysastard
01-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Oopsie mine is actually 5 ports, damn im bad at math. Bought it from here (http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/video-games-consoles/ps3/ps3-accessories/bpnBIGW_0000000291392/ps3-intense-5-port-usb-hub).... for 15 bucks. :(

Hmmmkay, I will learn more abt this rebug thingy. Alot of things need to catch up since im away from these PS3/PSP scene.

Thanks matey. :very_drunk:nice hub, seems pretty much the same except you have a 5th usb where i have a sd card reader, dont tknow which would be more useful

Nocuddle
01-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Huhu went to local pc shop that I thought they sells Cobra (as per their site), but the shop is non existance. Dodgy...

I might have to order it online. :(