PDA

View Full Version : Wii U: Near Field Communication

garyopa
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
'Iwata' mentions that the Wii U tablet controller will also have NFC: Near Field Communication

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000001147/icon_xl.jpg

Not only is Nintendo adding a 'touch screen' to their Wii U tablet controller, they have confirmed recently it will also support NFC: 'Near Field Communication' to expand even more the possibilities.

For those that don't know, NFC stands for 'Near Field Communication' and is simple short range radio system that has standards like FeliCa and MIFARE, that ables basically 'smartcards' to talk other devices without any contact.

With Nintendo adding this feature to the Wii U tablet controller, it really expands the possibilities they can offer to Video Gamers.

For example, they could use it to quickly do 'micropayments' from purchased 'smartcard' or even one of those fancy credit cards.

Second, like that new 'Spyro' toy set, little action figures could be produced that would 'talk' with your Wii U with no wires or portal.

NEWS SOURCE: Wii U Tablet does NFC (via) GoNintendo (http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170845)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another good news story!

sotsog
01-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Hmm, as long as they don't abuse it and force their older demographic to purchase little figurines to progress in a game I suppose it's alright. This can potentially help with Nintendo's piracy issue but I'm very hesitant to buy cards and toys to add onto my gaming experience. In a marketing standpoint it's brilliant especially when a game like Pokemon is released. They better not abuse this technology. ... **** they're totally going to abuse this.

billysastard
01-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Hmm, as long as they don't abuse it and force their older demographic to purchase little figurines to progress in a game I suppose it's alright. This can potentially help with Nintendo's piracy issue but I'm very hesitant to buy cards and toys to add onto my gaming experience. In a marketing standpoint it's brilliant especially when a game like Pokemon is released. They better not abuse this technology. ... **** they're totally going to abuse this.

look on the bright side, it meant they dont get your cc details to keep in plain text waiting until someone hacks them.

JonathanD
01-28-2012, 12:33 AM
look on the bright side, it meant they dont get your cc details to keep in plain text waiting until someone hacks them.

Now all the hackers have to do is hack my Wii-U to read my credit card in my pocket? lol (kidding)

Cantenna
01-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Now all the hackers have to do is hack my Wii-U to read my credit card in my pocket? lol (kidding)

Will not invest in non-3d toys:mad:

billysastard
01-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Will not invest in non-3d toys:mad:

you do know it can do 3d? its just not default since 3dtv isnt exactly popular.