PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Zelda Wii U graphics won't disappoint

garyopa
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
According to Iwata, the next Zelda game for Wii U will be visually great.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000001230/icon_xl.jpg

Nintendo's president Saturo Iwata says Zelda Wii U graphics won't disappoint fans, however, graphically impressive games won't be the norm on the Wii U

In the recent investors meeting, Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata said that the graphics in the next The Legend of Zelda game for the upcoming Wii U won't dissapoint fans.

However, he also said that players shouldn't expect Wii U to directly compete with the planned next-gen offering from Microsoft and Sony.

"As we will showcase the Wii U at E3 in June this year, the detailed announcements must wait until then, but we are aiming to make a system which shall not be forced into competing with the others where the contenders can fight only with massive developer resources and long development times as their weapons," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors last week.

Seems this is a well known Nintendo philosophy.

Iwata said TLOZ for Wii U is one of the Wii U games which will be given extra resources.

"Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U. When it is necessary, we do not hesitate to role out our resources."

The TLOZ tech demo shown for the Wii U at past E3, was graphically amazing, and seems it could massively improve on the final product.

Expect to see a lot of Wii U games at this year E3.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Zelda visuals on Wii U won't disappoint fans (via) VideoGamer (http://www.videogamer.com/news/legend_of_zelda_visuals_on_wii_u_wont_disappoint_f ans.html)
NEWS SOURCE #2: Events at Nintendo Japan (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127qa/04.html)

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for another news story!

Retroboy
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
yup dont expect it to compete because its specs are vamped this gen specs so devs can only push a little further, therye already reaching limits with this gen, so give or a take a year or so the wii u will be lagging behind while devs are able to go further with the next gen systems, leaving gamers (not fanboys) wondering wtf's this is so nintendo could force another fad controller into every game, and youll likely find devs will just release basic games based on touch screen/motion gamign only leaving missing out the great games MS/Sony get.

but would also be good if nintendo came up with new ideas for zelda, its boring, zelda princes kidnap enter dungeon collect key kill boss find master sword collect triforce kill gannon....

Nicotine
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
the zelda demo's for Wii were incredible...and instead, we ended up with twilight princess, which wasn't even close graphically to what was demo'd initially before the console launched.

i'll believe it when I see it. Nintendo never delivers what they hype.

Retroboy
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
the zelda demo's for Wii were incredible...and instead, we ended up with twilight princess, which wasn't even close graphically to what was demo'd initially before the console launched.

nintendo did the same with teh GC then release a crappy cell shaded sh1te walker, dont get me wrong the cell shading wasnt my problem with the game, my problem was teh boring having to sail ages to the next island and i think when i got so far into the game (part where you collect the triforce parts) i just got bored, i tried to complete the game but it just got so mind numbingly boring, same as twilight princess, but like many nintendo games because theyre the same concept over n over it turn off.

Darkest_RaVeN
01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Right, and your CODs, Fifas, etc are soooo radically different from their previous versions. Plus I don't remember fighting Ganon in Skyward Sword....

Nintendo first party games are always (bar the odd few) better than 90% of all other games out there, which is why I'll always own one of their systems even if it is 'underpowered'. I still go back to my SNES as so many games on that are better than today's.

Retroboy
01-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Right, and your CODs, Fifas, etc are soooo radically different from their previous versions. Plus I don't remember fighting Ganon in Skyward Sword....

Nintendo first party games are always (bar the odd few) better than 90% of all other games out there, which is why I'll always own one of their systems even if it is 'underpowered'. I still go back to my SNES as so many games on that are better than today's.

well fifa yea coz thats football, but cod games have allways changed, different areas different story not zelda allways (not even bothered with skyward sword looks too cartoonish) start in the forest, then mountains then water then mastersword, its like playing the same game slightly different.

ive not seen these better first party games, unless shops have them hidden behind the counters

Darkstarttd
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM

yeah no spoilers.. but the last boss fight in SS?? I love the game i dont agree with anyone who calls it bad.. but

<spoiler>Demise was the first form of gannon, hence gannon was in the game and you did fight him.. unless we are going by name only wich in that case there was no zelda in ww :p</spoiler>

garyopa
01-31-2012, 08:47 PM

That is because Nintendo has a habit of playing 'demos' rendered from a PC or another high-end box, all the Wii U demo reels so far have been rendered on non-Wii U-hardware!

billysastard
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
nintendo did the same with teh GC then release a crappy cell shaded sh1te walker, dont get me wrong the cell shading wasnt my problem with the game, my problem was teh boring having to sail ages to the next island and i think when i got so far into the game (part where you collect the triforce parts) i just got bored, i tried to complete the game but it just got so mind numbingly boring

maybe you should have tried using the teleport option then.

Retroboy
02-01-2012, 03:17 AM
That is because Nintendo has a habit of playing 'demos' rendered from a PC or another high-end box, all the Wii U demo reels so far have been rendered on non-Wii U-hardware!

nintendo admited the wii u demos was using 360 footage, lolz at nintendo. focus too much on a iFAD controller and when it came to making demo footage theyre like ohh cr@p we forgot that the console is for playing games, but weve got no footage.

probably why nintendo mainly cr@p out mario "insert activity" games, and zelda "same basic idea over n over" games. what nintendo are missing are games like;
halo
gears of war
gta
la noire
mass effect
gt or forza
uncharted

but saying that i could imagin most the multi platform games getting ported, but it would be a instant no for me if ever game has to be played with the iFAD, it was for the wii.

JonathanD
02-01-2012, 08:03 AM
nintendo admited the wii u demos was using 360 footage, lolz at nintendo. focus too much on a iFAD controller and when it came to making demo footage theyre like ohh cr@p we forgot that the console is for playing games, but weve got no footage.

probably why nintendo mainly cr@p out mario "insert activity" games, and zelda "same basic idea over n over" games. what nintendo are missing are games like;
halo
gears of war
gta
la noire
mass effect
gt or forza
uncharted

but saying that i could imagin most the multi platform games getting ported, but it would be a instant no for me if ever game has to be played with the iFAD, it was for the wii.

Same basic idea over and over again.... Halo 1 2 or 3 or ODST? Gears of War 1 2 or 3? GTA (too many to list on too many machines...) La Noire well at least there was one original IP in the post.... Mass Effect 1 2 or 3? GT 1,2,3,4,5.... Forza 1 2 or 3? Uncharted 1 2 or 3?

The irony of this post is palpable.

Don't get me wrong I love me some GT and Halo but you couldn't call them original by any means.

JonathanD
02-01-2012, 08:27 AM

I wouldn't just say Nintendo, all the companies do it.

This is for the PS3 before it launched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9QbYWEd7AE

Then you have Sony claiming the PS2 could do Toy Story level graphics in real time.

I think MS is probably the cleanest company out right now when it comes to not over hyping hardware, maybe they exaggerated a little with Kinect but thats a coin toss, where they talking about original Kinect or the one that actually launched with its guts removed?

(I still think the CPU in the 360 is better then the CPU in the PS3 for games right now... due to the complexities in dealing with the Cell's SPU's. Gotta be like wrestling with an octopus....)

kopp3rbug
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
well fifa yea coz thats football, but cod games have allways changed, different areas different story not zelda allways (not even bothered with skyward sword looks too cartoonish) start in the forest, then mountains then water then mastersword, its like playing the same game slightly different.

ive not seen these better first party games, unless shops have them hidden behind the counters

I'm sorry but ALL CODS are exactly the same! You've got these money hungry game developers feeding a bunch of idiotic kids this garbage of games because they know they're going to go to the game store every oct/nov like it has for the last 4 or five years and buy the "NEW AND IMPROVED" call of duty. This my friend is a perfect example of a company who can simply release downloadable content through the marketplace instead of selling you a "brand new" game every freaking year at full price. Zelda's roughly come out every 4 to five years and every time they do they are completely original and new. Now obviously you won't agree with me and that's perfectly fine but for crying out loud stop comparing CODS to every other type of genre out there and calling it better.