PDA

View Full Version : iPhone, iPad banned in Germany

billysastard
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Motorola makes Apple pull iPads and iPhones in Germany

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000542/icon_xl.jpg

Apple has pulled several iPad and iPhone models from its German online store after Motorola Mobility enforced a patent injunction against its rival.

Having lost not one but multiple lawsuits against Motorola, Apple now finds that not only are its 3G enabled iPads and iPhone 3 to 4gs banned from sale, but also its push email service and iCloud service.

Apple has now agreed to pay the licence fee that everyone else pays going forward, but no agreement can be reached for the unlicensed theft of Motorola's patents, making this more interesting is the fact that Android maker Google is currently in talks to buy Motorola.

Apple has pulled several iPad and iPhone models from its German online store after Motorola Mobility enforced a patent injunction against its rival.

The move follows a December ruling that Apple had failed to license one of Motorola's wireless intellectual properties.

iPhone users in Germany may also face the loss of their push email iCloud service after a separate patent victory by Motorola.

Although the two cases only apply to Germany they may have implications for other European lawsuits. EU rules say different countries' courts can reach different conclusions, but must explain why.

NEWS SOURCE: Motorola makes Apple pull iPads / iPhones (via) BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16871075)

Our thanks to 'billysastard' for submitting this hot news item!

DEDDOA
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
now usually I would think it's taking the mick as it's clearly a ploy to drive up sales of motorola products by removing the main competition (I hate iPhones but I can't deny there are a lot of gullible people out there who get suckered into buying them, afterall I was one back onthe original), but after spending 4 weeks trying to upgrade and fix macs and hackintoshs, I have an even greater loathing for Apple than ever before, I think pulling their products is doing people a favour, to save people from their own stupidity. I'm not an iPhone fan but was never bothered either way by macs and OS X, but after a month of having to use the damn things and being irritated by the ammount of restrictions and artificial limitations imposed by apple not to mention the lack of flexibility hardware wise, I have a new found loathing for all things apple especially when it's plain as day how much they rip off consumers. I used to have fond memories of the mac, used to use it for DTP in my first job and given it's OS was an Amiga Workbench clone it had a certain nostalgia value as well, but after trying to use it like a windows PC, I have gained an all new appreciation for Linux and Windows, both of which are far more flexible and user friendly outside of their basic software and hardware. On the plus side, I was toying with the idea of converting a Dell studio Hybrid and the missus' old Dell Inspiron 1750 into hackintoshs, as both are easy to slap full working versions of Snow leopard on, but nope never again.

Rant off, lol as you can see not got happy memories from working with OS X. Still ove my old 160GB iPod classic tho, mind you it very un Apple these days as it's substance over style, so apple still have some redeeming features for me :)

Ahmed_p800
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
LoooL...They deserve it!!!!

Apple keeps suing everybody like they are the best or something...now they got suied and screwed!!! :p

I hate apple because of how they deal with their competitors.

billysastard
02-03-2012, 05:48 PM
what gets me is that every other company already pays motorola its low rate licence fee for the tech but apple simply refused, once it lost its case they paid up but only from the date they lost, because of international agreements motorola does not have to offer apple the low rate terms everyone including apple now pay but can in fact charge pretty much what they want and if apple refuse to pay it they do as they have now and get the products pulled from shelves, thing is apple have also lost 2 other cases where there is no requirement for motorola to offer low rate licences and apple have yet to make any agreement to pay so in a month or so motorola can activate those too and force apple to take down both icloud and push emails.

Xenogears V
02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Apple as Microsoft. They deserve it.

LKJHGFDSA
02-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I wish the iPhone/iPad was banned in my country..

billysastard
02-04-2012, 07:59 AM
I wish the iPhone/iPad was banned in my country..

rather than the products i'd rather see the owners banned, that way i might be able to get a seat at starbucks every now and then.

billysastard
02-05-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a363869/apple-overturns-motorolas-ipad-iphone-sales-ban.html

:(