PDA

View Full Version : 'Dead or Alive 5' could come to Wii U

garyopa
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
DOA5 is scheduled to come out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but Team Ninja is hinting maybe for other platforms also

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000001314/icon_xl.jpg

'Ninja Gaiden 3' is still in development for Wii U, but it seems just maybe Team Ninja might do another Wii U title if the timng and schedule is right

The head of development for 'Team Ninja', Mr. Yosuke Hayashi recently made this small statement:

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

This has caused a storm on the 'net with fans of the 'Dead or Alive' series, hoping their just might be some love from Team Ninja in bringing the series over to the new Nintendo Wii U platform. which currently is the only 'next-gen' system in the works!

NEWS SOURCE: DOA5 for the Wii U? (via) MyNintendoNews (http://mynintendonews.com/2012/02/01/dead-or-alive-5-could-come-to-wii-u/)

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another news tip!

billysastard
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
since its as easy as hell to port from the 360 i cant see why they wouldnt do a quick and dirty cash grab since money is the only thing that counts in gaming nowadays.

Xenogears V
02-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I can't wait to plai Dead Or Alive 5, other then Soul Calibur 5. Gameplay is impressive, seems to play like in a video.

JonathanD
02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
since its as easy as hell to port from the 360 i cant see why they wouldnt do a quick and dirty cash grab since money is the only thing that counts in gaming nowadays.

Yeah it does look like porting from the 360 to the Wii-U is going to be childs play. At least on the Wii-U they can turn up the frame rate and resolution... So it should make for the best version to have.

billysastard
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah it does look like porting from the 360 to the Wii-U is going to be childs play. At least on the Wii-U they can turn up the frame rate and resolution... So it should make for the best version to have.

they can, but until the fusion and they are natively working at 1080p/60fps the question is are they likely to or is it going to be wii all over again where 90% of the companies just ported the ps2 version (or even used out of work ps2 programmers to write it on ps2 then port and release on wii) without bothering to take advantage of the vast increase in power between the ps2 and wii, what i mean is will greed hold back the wii u?

JonathanD
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
they can, but until the fusion and they are natively working at 1080p/60fps the question is are they likely to or is it going to be wii all over again where 90% of the companies just ported the ps2 version (or even used out of work ps2 programmers to write it on ps2 then port and release on wii) without bothering to take advantage of the vast increase in power between the ps2 and wii, what i mean is will greed hold back the wii u?

For some companies I am sure it will to an extent, the same companies that release PS3 games that look like they could have been made easily on the PS2. These same companies will release crap games for all the next gen systems.

Honestly if the Wii-U takes off and has the same lead as the Wii does this gen, I expect that no matter how powerful the PS4 or 720 is that all the games will look nearly identical.

All this talk makes me remember LJN the rainbow of quality!