PDA

View Full Version : Game drops The Last Story completely

garyopa
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Standard edition won't be stocked as well

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000003080/icon_xl.jpg

Yesterday, Game confirmed that they will not stock the 'Limited Edition' of 'The Last Story'.
Today, they confirm that the 'Standard Edition' won't be stocked either!

It seems that there is no day that goes by without a bad news story from GAME.

Yesterday they were saying that the Limited Edition of the upcoming Wii game The Last Story won't be stocked and today they confirmed that the standard edition won't be either.

As of this new updated annoucement, GAME has completely dropped 'The Last Story' for Nintendo Wii from all of their stores.

According to MCV:

GAME stores are confirming that they will not be stocking the standard edition of Nintendoís Wii title The Last Story tomorrow.

Furthermore, the game has been removed from both the GAME and Gamestation websites and customers who had pre-orders in place have been notified of their cancellation.

Yesterday the retailer confirmed that it wouldnít be stocking the Limited Edition version of the title. Customers who had pre-ordered the game were told that they would be sent a standard copy instead Ė a move that will now clearly not happen.

Before the prophets of doom chime in, however, itís important to note a bit of perspective. In an environment where GAME is having to be selective with its spending, the omission of a Wii-exclusive RPG is perhaps not the most bewildering news.

Thatís not to say that the issues currently faced by GAME arenít stark.

Earlier this week GAME's marketing director Anna-Marie Mason categorically stated that the chain "will honour pre-orders for games that are currently on sale".

In addition, it was unable to stock any of Ubisoftís PlayStation Vita launch titles, and the week before it was not carrying new release Tekken 3DS Ė which was published by Nintendo in the UK.

The severity of the situation varies from publisher to publisher, but at the very least itís clear to see that relations with at least two major publishers are strained.

Nice one GAME! Making more friends day by day ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBV7mbvRSYw

NEWS SOURCE: Now GAME drops The Last Story entirely (via) MCV UK (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/now-game-drops-the-last-story-entirely/091681)

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for another news story!

billysastard
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
my local game isnt stocking any new titles, the only way to get a new releases from them is to pre order it.

Retroboy
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
my local game isnt stocking any new titles, the only way to get a new releases from them is to pre order it.

sounds like game is going under, the should have done what gamestation did and offer all consoles regardless if theyre retro or not.

having sh1t trade in prices and only selling current gen games/systems is the cause.

billysastard
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
sounds like game is going under, the should have done what gamestation did and offer all consoles regardless if theyre retro or not.

having sh1t trade in prices and only selling current gen games/systems is the cause.

game own gamestation too and when game took over all gamestation retro stock was destroyed.

Retroboy
02-24-2012, 02:07 AM
game own gamestation too and when game took over all gamestation retro stock was destroyed.

you sure??

the gamestation near me still stocks retro games/consoles

billysastard
02-24-2012, 05:47 AM
you sure??

the gamestation near me still stocks retro games/consoles

yes, game owns gamestation and gameplay.co.uk (now closing and merging with gamestation)

maybe some gamestation stores got away with keeping retro stuff but i know one of the local staff who used to work at gamestation when they were owned by blockbuster and when game took over they had to take all their retro stock and destroy it, staff were not allowed to keep or buy it they just got an email with very clear instructions to destroy it all.

Retroboy
02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
yes, game owns gamestation and gameplay.co.uk (now closing and merging with gamestation)

maybe some gamestation stores got away with keeping retro stuff but i know one of the local staff who used to work at gamestation when they were owned by blockbuster and when game took over they had to take all their retro stock and destroy it, staff were not allowed to keep or buy it they just got an email with very clear instructions to destroy it all.

lol well thats just stupid, i still have a n64 (nintendo at their best PERIOD) and one day if i feel like dusting it off and want a game i will, im 100% sure i am not the only one that likes to go back to the good old retro day (not been a dirty pirate and emulate) and will buy the game, and thats revenue theyre refusing to accept.

you cant only just supply current gen sytems/games especially when the game cost even more ther for trade in costs go down so the store can still make profit if you was to trade old games in for a new one.