PDA

View Full Version : 8GB iPad 2 coming alongside the new iPad

garyopa
03-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Digitimes is reporting those facts (or) new rumors

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000003586/icon_xl.jpg

It appears that Apple will introduce a low-end low-priced iPad 2 with only 8GB os space.

Another rumor round-up for the upcoming next week's keynote. According to Digitimes, Apple want to release a new ipad 2 with only 8GB of disk space, presumably seeking to reduce costs to make the device as affordable as possible while also differentiating the offering from the upcoming iPad 3.

As Apple has scheduled an event on March 7, sources from its upstream supply chain pointed out that the company is expected to launch two iPad 3 models - a 16GB version and 32GB version.

In addition to iPad 3, Apple is also expected to unveil an 8GB iPad 2, allowing the tablet PC series to cover different segments and to defend against Windows 8-based tablet PCs, the sources noted.

Since Apple has put high hopes on its new iPad 3 and has been aggressively placing orders, iPad 3 shipments in the first quarter of 2012 are expected to double from original estimates.

The iPad 3 is expected to have a 9.7-inch Full HD QXGA panel with a resolution of 2048 by 1536 (264dpi) and its backlight module will adopt two LED light bars.

Anyway, we'll see if this is confirmed or not on March 7th.

NEWS SOURCE: News #20120229PD215 (via) DigiTimes (http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120229PD215.html)

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for another news update!

kcvfr400
03-02-2012, 08:47 AM
8 gb with no ability to upgrade is pointless. The i really does stand for idiot if anyone buys this.

DEDDOA
03-02-2012, 09:14 AM
How about an even cheaper one with zero space and a SD slot, tho I guess that would be too much for apple fanatics, they need to be told what they want and would be confused having to think for hemselves when it comes to storage space.

I still say get somthing like a E450 based netbook, 4GB of ram, as much HDD space as will fill thenext 10 years worth of iPads and access to real world applications and multimedia instead of cut down versions with limited file and codec support, and for less than the 32GB iFad 3.

garyopa
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
There will be cheaper one with ZERO space, maybe a 512mb of RAM only, with total usage depending on iCLOUD access only to grab your apps, that will be coming soon! -- Trust me!

MadonnaProject
03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
who renamed rapidshare to icloud again?

Mr.Do!
03-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I am kind of tired of apple.

They are releasing these things so fast... ipad-ipad2-ipad3

I have people at work now convinced their Ipads should be able to do everything their laptop does.

So they go out and buy it, then bring it to work (becuase why should we have to carry such a big laptop now that we have ipads) and get pissed off when they find out that it really is just a flashy overpriced POS...

Dont get me wrong.. On a consumer level these things are cool. But i STILL see no need to constantly pump out new ones every 9 months to a year.

Between ipdads and smartphones coming out with new crap every week.. things ar just moving too fast.. Its going to burn it self out at some point.. atleats i hope so.

billysastard
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I am kind of tired of apple.

They are releasing these things so fast... ipad-ipad2-ipad3

I have people at work now convinced their Ipads should be able to do everything their laptop does.

So they go out and buy it, then bring it to work (becuase why should we have to carry such a big laptop now that we have ipads) and get pissed off when they find out that it really is just a flashy overpriced POS...

Dont get me wrong.. On a consumer level these things are cool. But i STILL see no need to constantly pump out new ones every 9 months to a year.

Between ipdads and smartphones coming out with new crap every week.. things ar just moving too fast.. Its going to burn it self out at some point.. atleats i hope so.

the only good thing about apples policies is that it can only help the 3ds and vita in the long run as they will both run 3ds / vita software for years rather than finding out new games dont run without this weeks latest hardware.