PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Wii U won't be a success?

garyopa
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, that's not a problem for Nintendo

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000004439/icon_xl.jpg

We all know that Nintendo has a lot of money because of Wii, but how much?

Have you ever wonder how much money Nintendo has in the bank? just take a look to the chart above, Nintendo has a lot of money, they're f***ing RICH !! so we can confirm that Nintendo will be fine for a lot of years, even if Wii U is a completely disaster.

According to gonintendo:

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

As you can see, Nintendo has made a fortune by selling games and systems, specially with Nintendo Wii.

NEWS SOURCE: Story #173571 (via) GoNintendo (http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173571)

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for another news story!

Battlefield
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
This is impressive. ;) I'm sure they will earn more money on the way too.

billysastard
03-13-2012, 02:30 PM
This is impressive. ;) I'm sure they will earn more money on the way too.

yeah, despite all the hate i can see the wii u being like the wii this coming xmas as parents and grandparents upgrade their kids wii to a wii hd and graphics whores jump in for the most powerful system on sale to play cod: bo2 and battlefield: (??) as well as the inevitable early adopters and those who will wait for the first in house software to appear (which will be nov / dec at the latest), if stocks hold up till jan the next gen war could be over almost before it starts.

the question is though how much damage the wii will do to wii u sales, with so many wii's little more than yellowing dust traps how many people will want to take the risk again on buying what could end up being another wii, blighted by shovelware with very few high quality games dripping out.

JonathanD
03-13-2012, 02:44 PM
One thing that could help the Wii-U sell is that you can use all your old Wiimotes and crap on it. It's always nice when you can reuse your old accessories.

billysastard
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
One thing that could help the Wii-U sell is that you can use all your old Wiimotes and crap on it. It's always nice when you can reuse your old accessories.

i suspect that ps4 will be the same since the ds has barely changed since mid psx and move works fine as is however i think ms may have problems since they will be using a new (and required) version of kinect. that said i can see sony adding a touchback to the ds to make a ds4 so its not copying nintendo whilst still providing a touch control option.

p1nky
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
graphics whores jump in for the most powerful system on sale

Jump off the building maybe in case they read the Wii U specs and see the gpu that wasn't the fatest (EDIT: I meant fastest but it wasn't the fattest either :-D) for PCs in 2008 ;)

billysastard
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Jump off the building maybe in case they read the Wii U specs and see the gpu that wasn't the fatest (EDIT: I meant fastest but it wasn't the fattest either :-D) for PCs in 2008 ;)

oh, i agree, but we were taliking about console games not pc's and like it or not the wii u graphics card is a lot faster than the ones in the current gen so for a while it will be the most powerful console, unless ms opt to launch at the same time, then a lot will rest on exclusives and prices.

Captain N1
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I believe the Wii U will be Successful. With all that money nintendo can easily release a powerful console and afford to sell it at a loss.

Give the wii U a 8 core CPU, 8 gigs of ram and 2 gigs of video ram. that will run Unreal engine 5-7. Sell it for $399 and every one wins. The graphics whores get their next gen graphics, hardcore gamers get their standard controller configuration. kids/adults get their mario. all wii motion controls work. you get best of both worlds. Nintendo sells so many games they make up for the initial loss. Get a network like live/psn and make it 100% free.

see everyone wins. simple

JonathanD
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM

Consoles never have featured the best graphics when compared to PC's. Of course thats simple economics a top of the line graphics card will run you a few hundred bucks (at least 200 for something really nice that will last a few years. Myself I usually pick up a top of the line what ever is last gen as they are closing them out for like 180 bucks. I find the performance is fantastic and these days I am only giving up a few %.)

Even the PS3 featured a graphics part that is considered weaker then the one in the 360 and it launched a full year after the 360. So even consoles VS consoles they often feature weak parts. (Of course the Cell supposedly didn't need a graphics card.... but that turned out to not be true.)

Retroboy
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
lol graphic whores?? id really love to know how youd play COD ect on a iFAD controller.

also your can highly expect the wii u to get this gen games ported, but then when the next xbox/ps3 comes out its likely to p1ss all over the iFAD.

Infinite_zero
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
I just hope they learned from the 3ds that consumers aren't ALL mindless sheep that buy a product solely because it has a name on it, regardless of price. That said I think it will do fine. With the lineup they have hinted at, hopefully it will have the best of this gen and some cool new 1st/2nd party games and at least a couple decent new 3rd party games. One thing I am looking forward to is finally getting pikmin 3. I'm still in the air on the tablet controller but at least it will use the wii-motes that I already own too so whatever. Most awesome thing that will probably NEVER happen IMO? Skyrim on the wii-U with inventory/spells managed on the tablet, that would be awesome.

MadonnaProject
03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
well they have fools who buy their crap. however ninendo do release some good games....once in a while.