PDA

View Full Version : 'geohot' finally caught red-handed by the Law!

garyopa
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Apple could not take down the famous Jailbreak'er, Neither could Sony stop Mr. Hotz from releasing the famous 'root key' for the PS3

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000681/icon_xl.jpg

But the tiny checkpoint at Sierra Blanca in Texas was able to grab 'George Hotz' finally and charged him with 'felony marijuana possession' as he travelled to the SXSW conference.

I was wondering why 'geohot' was missing from last week's SXSW conference in Austin, as he was scheduled to give a talk there, but now the truth is out as he decided to pass thru the famous 'Sierra Blanca' checkpoint with some 'chocolate edibles' on him and of course the local Homeland security dogs went crazy for them, causing him to spend some time in the local Texas holding cell before finally being able to post bail for $1,500.

As many of our readers here already know, Mr. George Hotz (aka) 'geohot' made all the world news headlines last year for releasing the 'root key' for the PS3 which he in the end got sued for, but then settled out of court with Sony, and before that he was already world famous and even interviewed on CNN for the world's first 'Jailbreak' app of iPhone's, and recently now focused his mindset towards helping out big companies instead of 'hacking' them and has been up until NOW working for Facebook, but with this 'news' his career might be up in the air now that he been arrested and booked for a 'felony' in Texas.

According to a source familiar with the case, Department of Homeland Security officers brought drug dogs to each car. When the dogs barked, Hotz (and his passengers) were pulled over for more searching.

Hotz has a medical marijuana license in California, where he lives, our source says. In the car's glove box, Hotz apparently had 1/4 oz. of marijuana and chocolate edibles equivalent to less than 1/8 oz. of the drug.

The border agents allegedly said they would turn Hotz over to the local sheriff and he would get a citation. Not a big deal, right? But our source explains the local sheriff took the whole weight of the chocolate as the proper measure (as if the candy were made entirely of pot). Law enforcement then valued the "special" chocolate truffles at $800, instead of the $15 our source says Hotz paid for it.

An $800 pot truffle? Man, that would put you in a coma. A real coma, not a normal stoney-baloney zonk-out.

NEWS SOURCE: Famed Hacker Arrested for Pot Possession En Route To SXSW (via) Above The Law (http://abovethelaw.com/2012/03/famed-hacker-arrested-for-pot-possession-en-route-to-sxsw/)

LKJHGFDSA
03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Disappointing, I thought he was going to be busted for hacking.
Marijuana possession isn't even a crime.

I think it's stupid to say "geohot finally caught be the law", since he's only really "geohot" when he's online, doing hacking-related things.

Retroboy
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
sony couldnt stop him?? i think they did with the agreement made by sony and himself regarding hacking sony software/console in which if he is caught hacking/releasing he then will be sued by sony.

but i guess he got caught spending the dontation money the sheep blindly gave him on drugs.

billysastard
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Disappointing, I thought he was going to be busted for hacking.
Marijuana possession isn't even a crime.

I think it's stupid to say "geohot finally caught be the law", since he's only really "geohot" when he's online, doing hacking-related things.

he had a medical certificate (from california) and only a 1/4oz so at worst its a small fine, the fact that some uniformed thug without brain decided that because his chocolate contained thc the ENTIRE WEIGHT of the chocolate was drugs and so charged him with felony possession as it was over 2oz wont alter the law once solicitors get involved and the only ones who will come out of this looking bad are the arsehole thugs again especially once anonymous reams their arses again for publicity.

oh and the same checkpoint also "caught" snoop dogg and willie nelson., i wont even begin to ask what kind of asshole state has border checkpoints with other states and if that in itself is even legal?

billysastard
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
sony couldnt stop him?? i think they did with the agreement made by sony and himself regarding hacking sony software/console in which if he is caught hacking/releasing he then will be sued by sony.

but i guess he got caught spending the dontation money the sheep blindly gave him on drugs.

yeah cos loads of lawyers can be hired for $15 cant they, although i guess he could have robbed whichever charity he donated remaining funds to.

btw i suspect that maybe his work for google and facebook might be what paid for the drugs in the real world rather than the world according to sony.

Retroboy
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
yeah cos loads of lawyers can be hired for $15 cant they, although i guess he could have robbed whichever charity he donated remaining funds to.

btw i suspect that maybe his work for google and facebook might be what paid for the drugs in the real world rather than the world according to sony.

lol just because you do some good, doesnt mean you can break software laws and expect to get away with it, lol chill out end of the day he knew the risks he had himself to blame, but im not amazed youll bend over for this dude because i know who you are!!!

love you talk of real world yet you clearly dont live in one, its allways your view and never the other side of the fence.

wewii
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow... good luck finding a janitor job at McDonald's now.

The US has some crazy laws when it comes to pre-employment and random drug testing. Even when applying for extremely crappy jobs were your work responsibilities couldn't even cause harm to a fly.

Just a cheap excuse to keep hard working people out of a job... literally everywhere they apply. Forcing these people to have no other option than to commit crimes just to scratch by.
While privately owned jails will reap in the lobbied benefits as tax money pours in. With every new person jailed, they make more money.

Xenogears V
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Thgey can stop it, but there are other 100 hackers rady to take same place. Think what is happening with Anonymous team....

cloporte
03-16-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't think they will be able to keep him in jail more than one days

it would be jailbroken :p

Anyway Geohot, come to France here we smoke weeds everyday even my granma smokes weeds

we are proud of being the first nation of Europe where we smoke weeds the most !

They should even change the French national Flag an put a Cannabis leaf in the middle :p you know like Canada has the maple leaf

MadonnaProject
03-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Poor guy. If I had his brains it would be amazing. Shame he is destroying it with drugs.

Nocuddle
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000681/icon_xl.jpg

Stoned.

I always liked this pic. Its like ur mom caught u wanking.

Btw, WTF is this Medical Marijuana License? Sorry for my ignorance, I aint ganja user so I dun kno that u need license to smoke... bwahhaaaaaha!!

Yeah keep on smokin, mhan. Next time jailbreak my microwave mmkay?