PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed III for Wii U details

garyopa
03-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Ubisoft reveals exclusive features

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000005481/icon_xl.jpg

Nintendo Power magazine have moving their threads to obtain exclusive info about the Assassin's Creed version for the Nintendo Wii U

Several websites are reporting the info that Nintendo Power magazine (paper version) about the upcoming Assassin's Creed for Wii U.

The reports focused on exclusive features that this version will sport.

Here is the complete list we have as for now:

Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin's Creed "Animus"
Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen.
Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.

We are sure Ubisoft could reveal more info soon.

NEWS SOURCE: http://www.nintengen.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-new-wii-u-details.html

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news update!

Retroboy
03-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin's Creed "Animus" (more than likely a timeline of events like in the game instead of scrolling you tap.... wow innovative)
Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool. (most gamers prefare to pause a game to prevent been attacked when checking a map, having to look down at the iFAD your likely to pause with you having to take your eyes off the screen so doesnt really improve anything)
Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.(animus database/game hints poping up on the screen is handy it catches your eyes, if you miss it if it pops up on the iFAD because your eyes are focusing more on the game screen not the iFAD)
The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen.(again another pause game to check feature placed on the iFAD in which youd still have to pause the game to read the bios still rather pointless)
Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.(having again to look away from the game to the iFAD to select a weapon when Assassins Creed has the DPAD buttons that quick select.... nothing should replace that as its fast and seamless, you dont need to take your eyes off the game screen.)
Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.(again pointless something the camera analogue can do perfectly)

So far (with this game) it seems really that nintendo havent really got anything new that this iFAD can do, its basically replacing whats quick and easy by the press of a button on the pad, to its iFAD which like on the DS you have to take your eyes off the main game screen to see the touch screen, and like the DS (as admitted by maner gamers on many sites) its highly likely that the iFAD will simply be used as a map/weapon/item selector which isnt that great really.

so really i think nintendo shouldnt waste time if this is all it will be used for and offer a normal control pad, offer the iFAD as an optional controller which i agree the fact you can set the game to run/play on the iFAD is excellent (if someone else wanted to use the TV) but saying that, if all the above is displayed on the iFAD screen, what happens if the game is running on it.... does the game then go to what it is on the ps3/360 which you then go back to the simple button click.

i am pretty confident people here will simply say no its wrong, even tho here has clearly stated that assassins creed is basically going to offer maps/items on its iFAD screen which has been the main usage of the DS touchscreen.

billysastard
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin's Creed "Animus" (more than likely a timeline of events like in the game instead of scrolling you tap.... wow innovative)
Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool. (most gamers prefare to pause a game to prevent been attacked when checking a map, having to look down at the iFAD your likely to pause with you having to take your eyes off the screen so doesnt really improve anything)
Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.(animus database/game hints poping up on the screen is handy it catches your eyes, if you miss it if it pops up on the iFAD because your eyes are focusing more on the game screen not the iFAD)
The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen.(again another pause game to check feature placed on the iFAD in which youd still have to pause the game to read the bios still rather pointless)
Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.(having again to look away from the game to the iFAD to select a weapon when Assassins Creed has the DPAD buttons that quick select.... nothing should replace that as its fast and seamless, you dont need to take your eyes off the game screen.)
Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.(again pointless something the camera analogue can do perfectly)
So far (with this game) it seems really that nintendo havent really got anything new that this iFAD can do, its basically replacing whats quick and easy by the press of a button on the pad, to its iFAD which like on the DS you have to take your eyes off the main game screen to see the touch screen, and like the DS (as admitted by maner gamers on many sites) its highly likely that the iFAD will simply be used as a map/weapon/item selector which isnt that great really.

so really i think nintendo shouldnt waste time if this is all it will be used for and offer a normal control pad, offer the iFAD as an optional controller which i agree the fact you can set the game to run/play on the iFAD is excellent (if someone else wanted to use the TV) but saying that, if all the above is displayed on the iFAD screen, what happens if the game is running on it.... does the game then go to what it is on the ps3/360 which you then go back to the simple button click.

i am pretty confident people here will simply say no its wrong, even tho here has clearly stated that assassins creed is basically going to offer maps/items on its iFAD screen which has been the main usage of the DS touchscreen.

yes, because the sony orbis with its zero backwards compatibility, forced online (no games can be used without an online check at first startup), retail demo discs that must be unlocked online and are then locked to a single hardware system and reverted to demo mode when they are run on a nw system (wave goodbye to preowned) and 25gb+ psn downloads is going to be such an amazing machine when it comes out next year isnt it?

oh and since you love graphics over gameplay here is its new graphics chip http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Islands_(GPU_family) to go with its amd x64 processor.

but shouldnt your masters have already told you their plans for how they are going to **** their customers next generation already so you can start making up excuses (oh and yes, the dev kits are already out and the dev website is now live but not yet in use http://orbis.scedev.net/

i'll take a standard controller with a screen and added motion controls over a jail designed to rape wallets any day of the week.

Mr.Do!
03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
yes, because the sony orbis with its zero backwards compatibility, forced online (no games can be used without an online check at first startup), retail demo discs that must be unlocked online and are then locked to a single hardware system and reverted to demo mode when they are run on a nw system (wave goodbye to preowned) and 25gb+ psn downloads is going to be such an amazing machine when it comes out next year isnt it?

oh and since you love graphics over gameplay here is its new graphics chip http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Islands_(GPU_family) to go with its amd x64 processor.

but shouldnt your masters have already told you their plans for how they are going to **** their customers next generation already so you can start making up excuses (oh and yes, the dev kits are already out and the dev website is now live but not yet in use http://orbis.scedev.net/

i'll take a standard controller with a screen and added motion controls over a jail designed to rape wallets any day of the week.

Well i dont know about sony's new machine.. But trying to even have a conversation with that guy above is pointless.

He obviously has some hate for nintendo.. becuase i dont see how taking a traditional controller, adding a screen and camera... Is any less better than just having a traditional controller.. lol

I mean nintendo isnt removing control options... They are adding them.. Its not like they removed the face buttons or sticks or anything..

I also dont see how ubisoft = nintendo.. But whatever.. This article is about assasins creed.. Not a nintendo first party game..

billysastard
03-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Well i dont know about sony's new machine.. But trying to even have a conversation with that guy above is pointless.

He obviously has some hate for nintendo.. becuase i dont see how taking a traditional controller, adding a screen and camera... Is any less better than just having a traditional controller.. lol

I mean nintendo isnt removing control options... They are adding them.. Its not like they removed the face buttons or sticks or anything..

I also dont see how ubisoft = nintendo.. But whatever.. This article is about assasins creed.. Not a nintendo first party game..

yes, very pointless, he only sees what he wants to see and hears what sony tells him.