PDA

View Full Version : Darksiders II devs: 'Wii U is on pair with current gen offerings'

garyopa
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
According to Vigil Games.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000005514/icon_xl.jpg

In a recent interview with GameReactor, Darksiders devs, Vigil Games, said Wii U is 'on par with current generations'.

In a recent interview with GameReactor, Darksiders II game director Marvin Donald from Vigil Games said that they are getting about the same performance out of Wii U as from current consoles.

"We got the game running on their hardware pretty quickly," game director Marvin Donald explained to Gamereactor. "Visually, for the most part, it'll be pretty much the same. So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with current generations."

"Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures, polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to be doing anything to 'up-res' the game but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure."

Apparently, some other devs are getting different results:

Of course, as Develop points out, other developers have had different results, with some reporting the Wii U as being several times faster that the current fare.

Could be the case that, Vigil got one of the first dev-kits, Nintendo has upgraded them and they haven't sent them a new one?

Darksiders II will be a launch title for the upcoming Wii U, which will be released around the end of the year.

NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.shacknews.com/article/73026/darksiders-2-dev-wii-u-on-par-with-current-generations
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/43021/GRTV%3A+Darksiders+II-intervju/

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

billysastard
03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Could be the case that, Vigil got one of the first dev-kits, Nintendo has upgraded them and they haven't sent them a new one?

given that thq are about ready to go bankrupt and that vigil was one of the two studios gutted by thq yesterday i doubt they put any effort into it at all, but given a choice of believing this single person from an all but closed studio owned by an almost bankrupt publisher i think i'll side with pretty much every other dev on this one.

Cyber Akuma
03-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Considering the console is coming out 8 to 10 years from the release of the PS3/360, it BETTER be much more advanced than "on par" with them.

DEDDOA
03-30-2012, 05:25 PM
given that thq are about ready to go bankrupt and that vigil was one of the two studios gutted by thq yesterday i doubt they put any effort into it at all, but given a choice of believing this single person from an all but closed studio owned by an almost bankrupt publisher i think i'll side with pretty much every other dev on this one.

Aye thats what i was thinking, they are doing the minimum effort to get the game out the door and make some money back on it while THQ are still in business.

Retroboy
03-30-2012, 05:42 PM

awww boo hooo pmsfl this game you recently in a dif topic claimed to be sooo superior and be full 1080 compaired to the "inferior" last gen systems, you now find things to defend your beloved system.

end of the day billy.... the wii u is just yet again a revamp last gen system.

JUST LIKE THE WII

billymagnum
03-30-2012, 06:40 PM
'Wii U is on pair with current gen offerings' (http://www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconsole/rknewz.pl?function=detail&id=RKLS0000005514&cat=WII)

thats on "par" not "pair" maxconsole....just fyi

can i please proof read and spell check for this site?:D

JonathanD
03-30-2012, 06:43 PM
awww boo hooo pmsfl this game you recently in a dif topic claimed to be sooo superior and be full 1080 compaired to the "inferior" last gen systems, you now find things to defend your beloved system.

JUST LIKE THE WII

Wont matter anyway will still sell like hotcakes and people will have fun with it :)

At the end of the day who cares what other people buy, you obviously will not buy a Wii-U but yet you post in nearly 100% of the threads :)

Just interesting to note.

billysastard
03-30-2012, 07:05 PM

JUST LIKE THE WII

oh dear, i guess you missed the bit in that other thread where we were actually talking about aliens: CM but hey, why let a few little facts get in the way of your idiocy or was it your tears of sadness as confirmation that yet another sony owned studio is closed down even though everyone else saw it coming last week?

for fact fans ... https://twitter.com/#!/Zipper/statuses/185863537443340288

LKJHGFDSA
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
In response to the response "Of course, as Develop points out, other developers have had different results, with some reporting the Wii U as being several times faster that the current fare."

He was talking about the game, not the hardware.
I'm sure they could up the technical aspects of the game, but he was just saying they're not bothering to do that. (As I see it, anyway.)

Considering the console is coming out 8 to 10 years from the release of the PS3/360, it BETTER be much more advanced than "on par" with them.
Yeah, I hope so too.
Although you don't really need to exaggerate, we all know the PS3 5th anniversary was just the other week.

msanchez
03-31-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm sure they could up the technical aspects of the game, but he was just saying they're not bothering to do that. (As I see it, anyway.)

Lazy devs :p

I doubt that it will be anywhere near a powerhouse... it is a ninty console after all, but I highly doubt even nintendo would make a console that is simply "on par" with current gen consoles this time. They should be aware of the heat they took because of the wii's lack of UMPH!, and how sales suffered over the long run. If by adding some more powerful hardware they can get a few extra months of fantastic sales, they should definitely go for it... heck maybe they could cut back on their profit margin per console sold this time around.

JonathanD
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Lazy devs :p

I doubt that it will be anywhere near a powerhouse... it is a ninty console after all, but I highly doubt even nintendo would make a console that is simply "on par" with current gen consoles this time. They should be aware of the heat they took because of the wii's lack of UMPH!, and how sales suffered over the long run. If by adding some more powerful hardware they can get a few extra months of fantastic sales, they should definitely go for it... heck maybe they could cut back on their profit margin per console sold this time around.

You know this is so very true, I am reminded of King Kong on the PS2 and the 360. The game looked great on the PS2 played smooth and had a consistent frame rate, on the 360 it looked way wayyyy worse.

Of course it was a launch game on the 360 and multi core programming was still new, so I am sure that had a lot to do with it.