PDA

View Full Version : Aliens: Colonial Marines has 'much more to offer' on Wii U

garyopa
04-01-2012, 11:49 AM
According to Gearbox Software CEO.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000005758/icon_xl.jpg

Aliens: Colonial Marines is also coming to Wii U. It's powered by the Unreal Engine 3, and according to their devs, 'they are going to make a very unique and compelling experience on that platform'.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is an upcoming FPS developed by Gearbox Software and published by SEGA. According to Gearbox CEO, Randy Pitchford, the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines will be the best version.

"The Wii U version has so much more to offer," said Pitchford. "No other platform can do what the Wii U can do.

"If you love [Xbox] 360 games, you are not used to being in a world where you have this new interface. But once you get used to that, you imagine the possibilities.

"There are some opportunities that are just not possible on any platform that does not have that device."

Well, they are really secretive about their plans, and most likely they will reveal more at this year PAX East, which will be held next month:

"I don't want to give spoilers away on some of the things we are thinking of or thing we have actually implemented already, but there are a lot of cool opportunities with that device that are going to make a very unique and compelling experience on that platform," he said.

"We have given it a lot of attention. I think it will not be too long [before] Nintendo opens up their kimono a little bit more about that platform and where it is going, and we will be there right with them talking about how Aliens is using it."

Seems they really like the platform. Aliens: Colonial Marines is scheduled for a release this fall on the XBOX 360, PS3 and PC, with the Wii U version coming at the end of the year.

NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/28/2903588/half-life-borderlands-gearbox-software-aliens-brothers-in-arms
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/aliens-colonial-marines-has-much-more-to-offer-on-wii-u/093575

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

JonathanD
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
The quote from the developer is what has me all jazzed up about the Wii-U

In the same way the Wiimote stuff was something fresh and different, I feel that Nintendo has repeated with the Wii-U.

Maybe when you lay the controller flat on your lap it does the motion tracking for the marines, and as a Predator you hold the controller up and look around for heat signatures?

I will be waiting to see what new exciting crap the developers come up with.

DEDDOA
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
i should hope it has more to offer given the console has more to offer and should therefore be at least partially used. When i first saw this my first thought was, motion tracker, as it's hardly a suprising use of the control pad screen. That said I suspect those not playing onthe Wii-U are going to much prefer having the motion tracker onscreen so they don't have to look away and can constantly kep an eye on it, tho the Wii-U method does add a bit more tension and likely suprise given you would have to use it like in Aliens. Not sure I see the advantage of the predator bit unless it means you get heat vision all the time in it but can still switch on the main screen.