PDA

View Full Version : 'UMD Killer' v1.0 released (Disc Dumper)

garyopa
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
An UMD Dumper by Avanaboy

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000005935/icon_xl.jpg

An 'easy' to use UMD Dumper has been released. Lets you copy your UMD and save the original.

'UMD Killer' is an UMD Dumper by developer Avanaboy. The first version has been released.

UMD Killer V1.0

*What is UMD Killer?*

UMD Killer is an UMD Dumper. With UMD Killer you can copy your UMDs to your MS, and save your originals to a safe place.

ATTENTION: Only dump UMDs that you legally own. I don't support software piracy.

*Installation*

Copy UMDKiller folder in ms0:/psp/game/
and then boot from xmb.

*Notes*

UMD Killer should works even with VIDEO/AUDIO UMDs.
The dumped GAME image will be saved to ms0:/ISO.
The dumped VIDEO image will be saved to ms0:/ISO/VIDEO.

*Credits*

As usual I'll release the source code too. Visit my website to download it!

If you find a bug, or if you have any idea, please contact me!

Avanaboy

Check out the official dev website for download links!

NEWS SOURCE: http://www.avanaboy-console.com/psp/umdkiller.html

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

WoIverine
04-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Any success with dumping actual Vita games yet?

Retroboy
04-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Any success with dumping actual Vita games yet?

what good will that be, when any hacks will be blocked with new fw updates just like the PS3 is, but i guess your one of many that are hoping the psv gets hacked to allow homebrew for pirated games (yet some on this forum think people like you dont exsist).

ill admit if it did get hacked id try the odd game or two, but wouldnt jump on the cry baby wagon when the hacks get blocked and newer games require a newer fw that prevents pirated games. (just like the PS3 did)

Xenogears V
04-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't understand..

If it is for Psp, it is useless because there are a lot of software that do this yet.

If it is for Vita, is impossible, because there are a Umd readed accessory for Vita.

WoIverine
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
what good will that be, when any hacks will be blocked with new fw updates just like the PS3 is, but i guess your one of many that are hoping the psv gets hacked to allow homebrew for pirated games (yet some on this forum think people like you dont exsist).

ill admit if it did get hacked id try the odd game or two, but wouldnt jump on the cry baby wagon when the hacks get blocked and newer games require a newer fw that prevents pirated games. (just like the PS3 did)

PS3 has been defeated regardless of FW updates, new titles and homebrew still release all the time.

billysastard
04-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't understand..

If it is for Psp, it is useless because there are a lot of software that do this yet.

If it is for Vita, is impossible, because there are a Umd readed accessory for Vita.

i've just copied it to my psp, i've used dumpers before but this looks really easy to use so i'm going to use it to dump my umd of go explore since its a more upto date version than the ciso i have on my mem stick, i'm also going to dump a couple of umd movies so i can get them onto my pc and convert them to dpg so i can use them on my 3ds