PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Wii U has $180 worth of Parts... meaning it will retail at $300 or more?

garyopa
04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
The 'Raw' Bill of Materials. It won't be sold under $300?!

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000006234/icon_xl.jpg

According to 'Forget The Box', the estimated cost of the upcoming Wii U console comes in at around $180. Adding Marketing and other costs, they say it will retail at $300 or more.

According to website Forget The Box some sources close to 'manufacturing and distribution for Nintendo consoles', have told them that the full bill of materials for the Wii U comes to about $180 USD, with around $50 of that going to the controller. Adding labor, marketing and other costs, this means the machine is retailing at no less than $300.

“Cutting production costs to maximize profits is Nintendo’s main concern with the Wii U. They are cutting costs in the Wii U’s hardware to build back confidence in investors. Nintendo wants investors to view Wii U as a less risky proposition. ”

They also detail a few of the Wii U components, like the NFC and Cameras used on the controller:

The new NFC capabilities for each new Wii U controller costs no more than $5 to implement, and the prices of NFC implementation in mobile devices is expected to fall below $1 in the near future. Our source explained: “NFC capabilities are a drop in the bucket for Nintendo. As NFC becomes more mainstream in mobile devices, the price for NFC implementation will rapidly decline. Nintendo is jumping on NFC because of a projected cost decline in the technology.”

[..]

“The cameras in the Wii U controller are an estimated manufacturing cost of $6. They are slightly better quality than the 3DS and DSi cameras. The touch screen has a manufacturing cost estimated at $14.”

Additionally, they say Nintendo is trying to keep hardware costs down to maximize profits.

“Nintendo chose an economical GPU and CPU that could keep up with the performance of today’s current consoles, but keep hardware costs down to maximize profits. Nintendo got a bargain price on the custom GPU and CPU that the Wii U uses. There is a bigger focus on downloadable content, applications, video content, digital distribution, and services to create a stream of revenue. Investors will be ecstatic with the news.”

Of course, even if the 'Raw' Bill of Materials cost is real, that doesn't mean the price tag mentioned is the one that is going to be used. We will have to wait for this E3 to find it out.

NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.forgetthebox.net/mag/culture/forum-m/rumor-wii-u-price.php
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://kotaku.com/5900153/rumor-the-wii-u-has-180-worth-of-parts-wont-be-sold-under-300

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

MadonnaProject
04-10-2012, 09:34 AM
At least for the first few months, before having the price cut by 40%.

wewii
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Well that's just pricing skimming at the very begining of the product life cycle.

Hold off for a couple months like with the 3DS.

msanchez
04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
If the console B.O.M. is really $180 then I'd say u pwards of $360 this being nintendo that we are talking about.

billysastard
04-10-2012, 10:42 AM
If the console B.O.M. is really $180 then I'd say u pwards of $360 this being nintendo that we are talking about.

$300 sounds about right to make barely any profit on the machine once you include all the other stuff like production, shipping, warehousing, advertising, packing, software and retail chain profits.

msanchez
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
$300 sounds about right to make barely any profit on the machine once you include all the other stuff like production, shipping, warehousing, advertising, packing, software and retail chain profits.

I don't think ninty go for "barely" when it comes to making an initial profit off of their hardware. As much as I don't trust ms, and I loathe sony... I do appreciate them selling their consoles at a loss (it's all the other sh*t I don't appreciate, more so sony's outright violation of my rights). As a consumer, it just looks to me like both ms and sony have more confidence in their machines, than nintendo with their "let's get a quick buck out of the early adapters" mentality.

I'd probably do the same thing as ninty, though probably a bit toned down. I think the way ms release consoles (let's assume that they work) is the best way, because while sony does take a big loss, they're initial pricing is just ludicrous. I guess the vita wasn't as bad as I was assuming, but then again I just considered the absolute worst case scenario ($400+). They are showing their true colors with the memory sticks though. I think I saw a 16gb for $50... I bought a 16gb m2 stick for a sony ericsson phone I had like 4 years ago and it can't have cost me $40 (I wouldn't have bought it) and it wasn't some special either.

IJTF_Cinder
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd bet at least 30% of the cost, is in that damn controller...

billysastard
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I'd bet at least 30% of the cost, is in that damn controller...

less than 25% of the parts cost

LKJHGFDSA
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope it's worth more than that.
Especially considering the fancy controller.

billysastard
04-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I hope it's worth more than that.
Especially considering the fancy controller.

no, the fancy controller is like all controllers a pretty cheap thing to make and bloody expensive at retail. a rule of thumb is that the cost is generally around 33.3% of the retail price of any controller for any system.

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I think I saw a 16gb for $50...

really?? that store is raping you then, my local store vita memory cards have droped quite a bit since launch, i got a 32GB for £49.99

trancehead
04-11-2012, 07:38 AM
really?? that store is raping you then, my local store vita memory cards have droped quite a bit since launch, i got a 32GB for £49.99
sounds about right
$50 is around 30 Pound give or take.
and you cant even compare like that.
you need to work out average hourly wage in the country. the more hours you have to work to afford something, the more expensive it is.
you're an idiot

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
sounds about right
$50 is around 30 Pound give or take.
and you cant even compare like that.
you need to work out average hourly wage in the country. the more hours you have to work to afford something, the more expensive it is.
you're an idiot

how can i not compare?? that he moaned his 16GB was expensive then i stated that i got a 32GB for a couple of quid extra, assuming his store would charge sh1t loads.

love the idiot phrase yet you make such pointless BS about having to work more hours to be able to affored things.... this is life matey if you want the good things in life you have to work for it, but just because you work more hours it doesnt make the cost of things go up lol

mattias800
04-11-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm probably getting all three new consoles, but if I can choose only one, I'll go with the most powerful one.
Which obviously won't be this one.

JonathanD
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
This came in my email this morning from one of the larger online retailers.
Vita cards are still expensive.

"Patriot LX Series Class 10 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model PSF16GMCSDHC10 (16GB)
$13.99
Free Shipping!"

On the actual topic at hand, I have to wonder what one person would know the cost of the unit and the controller. This information would have to come from some one pretty high up in Nintendo to have access to it. It's not like the controller is manufactured at the same facility as the system itself. Maybe the same company runs both? If thats the case then it would have to be some one higher up in Foxcon?

JonathanD
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
if I can choose only one, I'll go with the most powerful one.
Which obviously won't be this one.

Odds are then you would also be getting the most expensive one too, in todays economy that could be a bad decision as most people will be getting what they can afford.

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Odds are then you would also be getting the most expensive one too, in todays economy that could be a bad decision as most people will be getting what they can afford.

it depends, sure the wii was the cheapest out of the 3 systems this gen, and was the reason it did sell so many units but because it was cheap its specs suffered and so did its games, after a few years of the wii been released it looked terrible.

sure MS/SONYS next system wont be as cheap as nintendo's but people dont realise is that MS/SONY arent just beefin up the 360/PS3 a little and re-releasing a cheap to produce console, MS/SONY actually release a new system really takes gaming to a whole new level, not realy on a gimmick controller aka the wiimote and now the iFAD controller.

its already showing the wii-u is going to get games ported that we have already played that the wii didnt get thanks to nintendo's cheapness, so while nintendo gamers are finaly getting to enjoy these great games (if they get ported) that nintendo failed to get, MS/SONY gamers will be enjoying totally new games that devs will take to new limits thanks to offering more resources and yet again give or take a year or two (just like the wii) nintendo will be left behind as usual when it comes to its games and poor nintendo fans will likely have to put up with a watered down version or wait for nintendos next revamp lastgen console.

dont get me wrong, id love to buy the wii-u but it must have great games, im sick of buying nintendo systems to find its more for children the 3DS is a total let down and like every other nintendo console (other than n64) so this time i will wait a year or two to see if what i think is wrong i do hope nintendo will not only offer last gen ports and children games and actually start offering more for everyone because MS/SONY get it spot on, they offer games and cover for all ages yet nintendo never (rarly) do.

ohh and its funny i submitted a news article and love the way it didnt get put on, i guess the mods or admins that love nintendo dont like to post news thats against what they want for nintendo, yet love to when its ms/sony.

billysastard
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
ohh and its funny i submitted a news article and love the way it didnt get put on, i guess the mods or admins that love nintendo dont like to post news thats against what they want for nintendo, yet love to when its ms/sony.

yes, your news post was discussed and as far as i know its in the queue to be posted however i cant read the actual content and often that is the final deciding factor, a straight cut and past wont get posted (as another member must have discovered by now) although to be fair it was originally queued on the 2nd april by someone else at that time it was decided not to proceed with that particular news item however when you posted it again on the 4th, as far as i know it is still in the queue

RKLS0000006102 Wii U Falls Short from Diztructor FINAL although to be fair the queue is still massive, i'm sure it will make it eventually, although of course you should be aware that around the web this story was widely laughed at on multiple websites.

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
yes, your news post was discussed and as far as i know its in the queue to be posted however i cant read the actual content and often that is the final deciding factor, a straight cut and past wont get posted (as another member must have discovered by now) although to be fair it was originally queued on the 2nd april by someone else at that time it was decided not to proceed with that particular news item however when you posted it again on the 4th, as far as i know it is still in the queue although to be fair the queue is still massive, i'm sure it will make it [/COLOR]eventually, although of course you should be aware that around the web this story was widely laughed at on multiple websites.
[/LEFT]

yup laughed at by the fans that dont like to hear anything negative about nintendo, id assume youd be number one to laugh at this, yet is first to jump on the band wagon if it was Microsof or Sony.

ohh lets not forget how nintendo still yet has to give the console specs, which dont you find rather strange how theyre keeping it hush hush and its due to release end of this year.... ever wondered the reason they still have to comment/confirm the actuall specs is because people will find that it is in fact just a revamp this gen system and could put gamers off other than the nintedno fanboys because no matter what they still will love nintendo as if theyre the best thing since sliced bread and even fail to accept that nintedno is no longer able to be the #1 house hold console or even keep up like they used to when it was back in the sega days.

Nintendo has refused to be drawn into a debate about the power of Wii U, insisting that the experience of playing games is more important than processing power.

no nintendo will not give gamers any spec information because theyll find out that theyre going to be buying yet again another last gen system which you can pick a 360/PS3 up for less.

nintendo allways go on about experience playing games, yet the wiimote failed to offer anything that they first claimed the wiimote experience to be, you could tie the wiimote to your dog and the wii would be none the wiser.

what nintendo do not grasp is that they focus too much on a fad controller and forget about the actuall games, nintendo simply re release recylced mario/zelda games over and over again, while MS/SONY are the consoles that get far better games.

billysastard
04-11-2012, 12:23 PM
yup laughed at by the fans that dont like to hear anything negative about nintendo, id assume youd be number one to laugh at this, yet is first to jump on the band wagon if it was Microsof or Sony.

ohh lets not forget how nintendo still yet has to give the console specs, which dont you find rather strange how theyre keeping it hush hush and its due to release end of this year.... ever wondered the reason they still have to comment/confirm the actuall specs is because people will find that it is in fact just a revamp this gen system and could put gamers off other than the nintedno fanboys because no matter what they still will love nintendo as if theyre the best thing since sliced bread and even fail to accept that nintedno is no longer able to be the #1 house hold console or even keep up like they used to when it was back in the sega days.

no nintendo will not give gamers any spec information because theyll find out that theyre going to be buying yet again another last gen system which you can pick a 360/PS3 up for less.

nintendo allways go on about experience playing games, yet the wiimote failed to offer anything that they first claimed the wiimote experience to be, you could tie the wiimote to your dog and the wii would be none the wiser.

what nintendo do not grasp is that they focus too much on a fad controller and forget about the actuall games, nintendo simply re release recylced mario/zelda games over and over again, while MS/SONY are the consoles that get far better games.

well i guess it depends on who you choose to believe, an anonymous source who says you should use a ps3 / vita combination or people like that well known nintendo fanboy mark reign who said “It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box.”

and i'm sorry but no matter how many times you say the same rubbish about nintendo only releasing the same game over and over its not going to become true.

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 12:42 PM
well i guess it depends on who you choose to believe, an anonymous source who says you should use a ps3 / vita combination or people like that well known nintendo fanboy mark reign who said “It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box.”

and i'm sorry but no matter how many times you say the same rubbish about nintendo only releasing the same game over and over its not going to become true.

not true?? erm:
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Party
Mario Tennis

infact Mario "insert activity"

then zelda, pokemon.... now your telling me that this isnt all nintendo keep releasing on their systems, then take the 3rd party games which nintendo lack compared to MS/SONY which nintendo are a generation behind offering these games.

billysastard
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
not true?? erm:
Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Party
Mario Tennis

infact Mario "insert activity"

then zelda, pokemon.... now your telling me that this isnt all nintendo keep releasing on their systems, then take the 3rd party games which nintendo lack compared to MS/SONY which nintendo are a generation behind offering these games.

games that sell well get sequels what an astounding revelation, the only real difference being that if a nintendo game sells well they dont dump out more of the same every year but make a whole new game based around little more than the same characters / situations.

i do kind of see your point with the minigames based mario part series but at least the minigames change and even the play mechanics get changed sometimes however i've yet to see a disaster day of crisis sequel (i'd love to see one) because that didnt sell well, probably worth pointing out too that these games you go on about span (in some cases) the entire post crash videogames era whereas games like rock band, guitar hero and call of duty have had more versions in a couple of generations.

Retroboy
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
games that sell well get sequels what an astounding revelation, the only real difference being that if a nintendo game sells well they dont dump out more of the same every year but make a whole new game based around little more than the same characters / situations.

i do kind of see your point with the minigames based mario part series but at least the minigames change and even the play mechanics get changed sometimes however i've yet to see a disaster day of crisis sequel (i'd love to see one) because that didnt sell well, probably worth pointing out too that these games you go on about span (in some cases) the entire post crash videogames era whereas games like rock band, guitar hero and call of duty have had more versions in a couple of generations.

yes but you take COD games for example each game has had a completely different story, mario is still the same old story, bowser kidnaps princess mario rescues even zelda is the same thing over n over and these are the only games nintendo release.

the other games nintendo dont get (well now the wii u is but a generation too late) and this is why i get bored of nintendo consoles because MS/SONY offer the type of games i want to buy and play and nintendo have very few.

and can see the exact same thing that happend on the Cube and the Wii happening again on the wii u, just because it has a iFAD controller isnt going to change anything, if anything its going to incourage game devs to do the same repetetive thing they did on the Wii, on the Wii u using the iFAD controller like they have with the DS

trancehead
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
how can i not compare?? that he moaned his 16GB was expensive then i stated that i got a 32GB for a couple of quid extra, assuming his store would charge sh1t loads.

love the idiot phrase yet you make such pointless BS about having to work more hours to be able to affored things.... this is life matey if you want the good things in life you have to work for it, but just because you work more hours it doesnt make the cost of things go up lol

oh my god, you're a mega twit.
let me spell it out
dollars is not equal to pounds.....never has been
if he had said 16GB cost him 50 pesos, would he still be getting raped?
looking at 50 dollars for 16GB
and your 50 pound for 32GB
hes actually paying 30 pound, which goes by the normal price structure

and when these guys bring consoles to other countries, average hourly wage is a big deciding factor on final price
when PS3 first come out, it was 600 in us and 1000 in australia, because australia has a higher average hourly wage

JonathanD
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
it depends, sure the wii was the cheapest out of the 3 systems this gen, and was the reason it did sell so many units but because it was cheap its specs suffered and so did its games, after a few years of the wii been released it looked terrible.

sure MS/SONYS next system wont be as cheap as nintendo's but people dont realise is that MS/SONY arent just beefin up the 360/PS3 a little and re-releasing a cheap to produce console, MS/SONY actually release a new system really takes gaming to a whole new level, not realy on a gimmick controller aka the wiimote and now the iFAD controller.

its already showing the wii-u is going to get games ported that we have already played that the wii didnt get thanks to nintendo's cheapness, so while nintendo gamers are finaly getting to enjoy these great games (if they get ported) that nintendo failed to get, MS/SONY gamers will be enjoying totally new games that devs will take to new limits thanks to offering more resources and yet again give or take a year or two (just like the wii) nintendo will be left behind as usual when it comes to its games and poor nintendo fans will likely have to put up with a watered down version or wait for nintendos next revamp lastgen console.

dont get me wrong, id love to buy the wii-u but it must have great games, im sick of buying nintendo systems to find its more for children the 3DS is a total let down and like every other nintendo console (other than n64) so this time i will wait a year or two to see if what i think is wrong i do hope nintendo will not only offer last gen ports and children games and actually start offering more for everyone because MS/SONY get it spot on, they offer games and cover for all ages yet nintendo never (rarly) do.

Sure Microsoft and Sony will release a 600$ console next gen (Don't hold your breath.) but after going from #1 to #3 in a 3 way race I doubt even Sony is dumb enough to release some ultra high spec machine.

I still wonder where this awesome hardware is coming from that will be so much better then the Wii-U. With relation to chips, I am fully aware of IBM's chip offerings and even knew about Cell long before the PS3 launched. So... yeah really where are these chips coming from?
I don't buy the whole AMD rumor for the PS4 and if it is true the Wii-U will end up being more powerful then the PS4, of course Sony does have a bad habit of picking weird chips to put in its systems so maybe there is a grain of truth to it.

Also you might think twice about Sony releasing any high end hardware, they are predicting over 6 billion in losses for 2011-2012 so they are looking to cut costs and possibly jobs, the last thing Sony wants to do is take another few billion loss on a console that may or may not ever make a profit.

I am still predicting that this next gen will be much much closer in power then the last. Mark my words if your looking for Microsoft and Sony to "beat" the Wii-U in power, you will find yourself searching for the most minute differences...

Like those dumb video's that show the difference between Xbox 360 games and the PS3 version. I suspect you will be posting video's just like those in time. *bookmarks this post for future use*

billysastard
04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Also you might think twice about Sony releasing any high end hardware, they are predicting over 6 billion in losses for 2011-2012 so they are looking to cut costs and possibly jobs, the last thing Sony wants to do is take another few billion loss on a console that may or may not ever make a profit.

wait till you see this weeks sales figures because i think those losses are going up.

here is a hint, the latest vita sales figures share a great similarity with a very famous ship of 100 years ago this week

msanchez
04-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Your idiocy knows no bounds... here you go f*cktard
http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/227807171.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261368

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334197496&sr=8-2

S (http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/227807171.html)top giving store owners blowjobs to get discounts.... in spite of what sony keep telling you that's not normal you abortion surviving masochist.

trancehead
04-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Your idiocy knows no bounds... here you go f*cktard
http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/227807171.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261368

http://www.amazon.com/32GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASCK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334197496&sr=8-2

S (http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/227807171.html)top giving store owners blowjobs to get discounts.... in spite of what sony keep telling you that's not normal you abortion surviving masochist.

Game.co.uk has 16gb vita memory for £42.99.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/accessories/ps-vita/?attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&sortColumn=popular&sortTypeStr=DESC&inStockOnly=false&attributeValue1=4294965793

msanchez
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Game.co.uk has 16gb vita memory for £42.99.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/accessories/ps-vita/?attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&sortColumn=popular&sortTypeStr=DESC&inStockOnly=false&attributeValue1=4294965793

I checked a few UK online retailers and they don't seem to carry the 32gb, the one place where I found them was amazon's UK site... and the price was $74.95... oh wait, allow me to correct that £74.95; although this seems like vultures that know there are idiots like retroboy out there who will pay anything for something that has a sony logo on it. Oh and by the way, with what I can buy 1 32gb vita card here in the states, I can buy 3 32gb minisds and still have enough money to pay a homeless guy to beat retardboy with a wiimote, plus buy a needy kid a present... sure the failed abortion deserves a beating, but my karma would still take a hit, gotta cleanse it somehow.

billysastard
04-12-2012, 02:29 AM
I checked a few UK online retailers and they don't seem to carry the 32gb, the one place where I found them was amazon's UK site... and the price was $74.95... oh wait, allow me to correct that £74.95; although this seems like vultures that know there are idiots like retroboy out there who will pay anything for something that has a sony logo on it. Oh and by the way, with what I can buy 1 32gb vita card here in the states, I can buy 3 32gb minisds and still have enough money to pay a homeless guy to beat retardboy with a wiimote, plus buy a needy kid a present... sure the failed abortion deserves a beating, but my karma would still take a hit, gotta cleanse it somehow.

i wasnt aware that the 32gb vita card was even on sale in the eu, i do recall sony announcing it would not be although they may have since released it.

Retroboy
04-12-2012, 03:17 AM
although this seems like vultures that know there are idiots like retroboy out there who will pay anything for something that has a sony logo on it. Oh and by the way, with what I can buy 1 32gb vita card here in the states, I can buy 3 32gb minisds and still have enough money to pay a homeless guy to beat retardboy with a wiimote, plus buy a needy kid a present... sure the failed abortion deserves a beating, but my karma would still take a hit, gotta cleanse it somehow.

yup im a vulture you feckin fantroll erm clearly shows you failed to read what i said i paid for a 32GB so how am i paying as you say £74.95, also shows you fail to shop arround even this site is cheaper than where your looking http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/not-specified/g18958-vita-32gb-memory-card

and yes you dont have the IQ to notice (yes vita cards are rather expensive i do agree) but take all new memory media, game controllers, console memory cards, theyre all expensive to start with and YES they do drop down in price pretty fast.

bring it, and your wiimote lol your having a spaz fit and cant accept i purchased a 32GB at a cheap price but you dont like it, ohh well even if it cost me more lets say £74.95 i would pay it, this is what having a good job, while im on the subject of you b1tching over people been able to afford the things you cant, why dont you b1tch at me for having Vauxhall-Zafira instead of the cheaper corsa, or lets b1tch that i baught my 4 bedroom house brand new instead of buying a cheaper old sh1tty council house.

ohh but wait, its sony so you love to be blind to common sence when it comes to new media format (regardless of the system) that for the first year or so its allways expensive, yet you love nintendo for releasing re vamp systems (wii) with a high price tag considering its still a last gen system, in wich you can pick up a xbox for less which is practically identical in graphics (just xbox had far better games like allways)

let me just put this in short, your b1tching at expensive vita cards, then i pointed out that for a little extra what you paid for a 16GB (or saw a 16GB as i cant beleive someone who constantly b1tches about sony and never going to get another sony product would actually own a vita) that i got a 32GB.... yet you find a problem with this now who is the blinded fantroll, that you still complain that for what a extra £10 off your 16GB i baught a 32GB...

trancehead
04-12-2012, 06:20 AM
yup im a vulture you feckin fantroll erm clearly shows you failed to read what i said i paid for a 32GB so how am i paying as you say £74.95, also shows you fail to shop arround even this site is cheaper than where your looking http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/not-specified/g18958-vita-32gb-memory-card

and yes you dont have the IQ to notice (yes vita cards are rather expensive i do agree) but take all new memory media, game controllers, console memory cards, theyre all expensive to start with and YES they do drop down in price pretty fast.

bring it, and your wiimote lol your having a spaz fit and cant accept i purchased a 32GB at a cheap price but you dont like it, ohh well even if it cost me more lets say £74.95 i would pay it, this is what having a good job, while im on the subject of you b1tching over people been able to afford the things you cant, why dont you b1tch at me for having Vauxhall-Zafira instead of the cheaper corsa, or lets b1tch that i baught my 4 bedroom house brand new instead of buying a cheaper old sh1tty council house.

ohh but wait, its sony so you love to be blind to common sence when it comes to new media format (regardless of the system) that for the first year or so its allways expensive, yet you love nintendo for releasing re vamp systems (wii) with a high price tag considering its still a last gen system, in wich you can pick up a xbox for less which is practically identical in graphics (just xbox had far better games like allways)

let me just put this in short, your b1tching at expensive vita cards, then i pointed out that for a little extra what you paid for a 16GB (or saw a 16GB as i cant beleive someone who constantly b1tches about sony and never going to get another sony product would actually own a vita) that i got a 32GB.... yet you find a problem with this now who is the blinded fantroll, that you still complain that for what a extra £10 off your 16GB i baught a 32GB...
you dont have a job, you cant even spell sense.
and just because your mother drives you around in a vauxhall, doesnt mean its yours.
and im glad your daddy got a new 4 bedroom house, otherwise where would your brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and cousins sleep?
:p

Retroboy
04-12-2012, 06:55 AM
you dont have a job, you cant even spell sense.
and just because your mother drives you around in a vauxhall, doesnt mean its yours.
and im glad your daddy got a new 4 bedroom house, otherwise where would your brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and cousins sleep?
:p

ha ha ok, erm this is a forum i dont take pride in typing in forums, also "you cant even spell sense"?? i think you mean you cant spell or make sense lmfao.

and fyi, im self employed, i own a shop and i also have a web design company, i would cr@p my pants if my mother drove me as shes been dead for 7 years and my father lives in a bungalow not a 4 bedroom house with me and my wife plus 3 children.

but back to the topic, how nintendo are able to keep this as the cheapest system out of the next gen, is likely going to be because theyre releasing a revamp last gen console (like the wii) in which nintendo have still not given any information and dont plan on doing so on the wii-u specs, that really does suggest that they dont want people to see exactly what it is, is this because people will see its not much better than what the PS3/360 has.

also still find funny how RUMOR news for MS/SONY gets posted yet something i submitted (which is dev claims that the wii u isnt much better than the 360/PS3) doesnt get posted, this also suggests that those who confirm submitted news article to this site dont want anything bad said towards nintendo.

which you can see on this site, MS/SONY do get negative news submitted yet nintendo seems crispy clean, i wonder if the mods here are actually nintendo fantrolls??

just a funny feelins is all.

trancehead
04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
ha ha ok, erm this is a forum i dont take pride in typing in forums, also "you cant even spell sense"?? i think you mean you cant spell or make sense lmfao.

and fyi, im self employed, i own a shop and i also have a web design company, i would cr@p my pants if my mother drove me as shes been dead for 7 years and my father lives in a bungalow not a 4 bedroom house with me and my wife plus 3 children.

but back to the topic, how nintendo are able to keep this as the cheapest system out of the next gen, is likely going to be because theyre releasing a revamp last gen console (like the wii) in which nintendo have still not given any information and dont plan on doing so on the wii-u specs, that really does suggest that they dont want people to see exactly what it is, is this because people will see its not much better than what the PS3/360 has.

also still find funny how RUMOR news for MS/SONY gets posted yet something i submitted (which is dev claims that the wii u isnt much better than the 360/PS3) doesnt get posted, this also suggests that those who confirm submitted news article to this site dont want anything bad said towards nintendo.

which you can see on this site, MS/SONY do get negative news submitted yet nintendo seems crispy clean, i wonder if the mods here are actually nintendo fantrolls??

just a funny feelins is all.
your post count says you have alot of free time.
i been member here for 6 years for a count of 600 posts
you joined this name 5 months ago for a count of nearly 400 posts

i work on a mine site, fly in fly out, so generally post when i'm on site to beat boredom (its either that or drink and fail morning breatho LOL)
but your a hardcore poster, i find it a little hard to believe that wife and kids are part of the picture with the amount of posts you surmount

Retroboy
04-12-2012, 07:41 AM
your post count says you have alot of free time.
i been member here for 6 years for a count of 600 posts
you joined this name 5 months ago for a count of nearly 400 posts

i work on a mine site, fly in fly out, so generally post when i'm on site to beat boredom (its either that or drink and fail morning breatho LOL)
but your a hardcore poster, i find it a little hard to believe that wife and kids are part of the picture with the amount of posts you surmount

its the advantages of being your own boss, i dont sit in my shop all day nor do i visit my office everyday, i pop in both few days a week, i work most the time from home building the websites which are basic updates from our clients, which yes leaves me loads of time, you can post on here while your sat uploading pages you know.

but anyways im not bothered if you dont want to beleive me, its no skin off my nose, i enjoy my life been able to afford the "exspensive things" i dont sit and cry because i have a sh1t job and cant afford feck all, i mean if my vita card actually cost me £70 (which it was less hence my point of the reply which that guy failed to read he just replied with more cr@p) £70 is feck all to me.

trancehead
04-12-2012, 08:03 AM
its the advantages of being your own boss, i dont sit in my shop all day nor do i visit my office everyday, i pop in both few days a week, i work most the time from home building the websites which are basic updates from our clients, which yes leaves me loads of time, you can post on here while your sat uploading pages you know.

but anyways im not bothered if you dont want to beleive me, its no skin off my nose, i enjoy my life been able to afford the "exspensive things" i dont sit and cry because i have a sh1t job and cant afford feck all, i mean if my vita card actually cost me £70 (which it was less hence my point of the reply which that guy failed to read he just replied with more cr@p) £70 is feck all to me.
i am paid very well, however....i'm not about to let a company walk all over me, they have to earn my money as i did.
just because i can afford say $400 for a 4GB memcard, does that mean i should?
of course not, because it tells that company that selling at that price is OK.
i bought my 2 16GB cards for $64.95 each, i had the 4GB card that came with it (Hong Kong model Vita 3G+WiFi+uncharted) that fit ridge racer and that was it, bought everybodys golf and it wouldnt fit.
with the games being as big as they are, you'de think they'de skip 4 and maybe even 8GB cards and only sell 16GB and 32GB cards as the 4 and 8GB ones are highly impracticle.
i do agree with you a little about nintendo consoles, but i'll still buy the WiiU.
with a step daughter, and my own daughter due in july, it could be handy to have a system that allows you to play on the controller so if adult games come out, they dont accidently see them on the TV.

Retroboy
04-12-2012, 08:34 AM
but this is the simple fact that people get over excited over, every single media format that is new has allways been expensive, compairing a new format to something thats really old is pointless.

these fantrolls dont like the price (i agree is expensive) but they also do not see the reason why sony hasnt added a widely available media format such as micro sd, theyre that blinded by theyre fanboy hate theyll never accept this and never do.

if sony made the vita so that any sd card can be inserted, unlike the vita stick it will have no copy protection, also take the PSP its downfall for game devs was that the PSP was easy to hack, and people could pirate its games so easily because people could buy large memory sticks from anywhere.

as for the comment on games ect, if your "CHOOSING" to download games rather than buy the cartridge then in away its your CHOICE, you might aswell b1tch over this then, you have to buy a larger HDD because you want to install every single pc game that you own.

people who buy games from the store, know theyll need a big stick, if they choose to download the game rather than pay theyve already accepted and likely have a big enough stick for what they want.

id say thats the only good thing about the wii u the ability to play the game on the iFAD rather than the TV, but i dont like the fact that nintendo has forced this as its primary controller, i can gurantee you that it will be getting used in games the same as the DS, 90% of games using the 2nd screen just to display a map or select inventory... which many sites have even stated its not really made any innovation on playing games.

if i am wrong, i am wrong ill accept it, but i also know the type of games nintendo allways get are the same kidn of thing aimed more for children than adult gamers hence me getting bored of them... its a shame the fantrolls dont like to hear this or even see in every game shop when they look at nintendo section compared to MS or SONY that nintendo has mainly children shovel ware games.

msanchez
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
@ Diztructor
You do realize I'm not from the UK right? I know of maybe 3 online UK retailers from having dealt with them previously (expansys & hmv) or in amazon's case, just because I use the US site a lot. As far as your link... it's still 70 pounds you flipping idiot. In your blind rage to defend your sadistic overlords you failed to see the only point I made regarding them you buffoon... SONY CRAP IS EXPENSIVE, just like you admit yourself
...(yes vita cards are rather expensive i do agree)... you brain dead imbecile.

When you actually work for a living $$ does matter and the fact that, as I previously said, you can get 3 32gb minisd cards, almost 4 or alternatively you can get a 1TB portable hdd for the price you get 1 32gb sony card is ridiculous. All why? because you, and your lot love sony ramming you from behind. Out of all storage mediums sony has the most expensive one, it's fooking cheaper to get a 250gb SSD than get 64gb of sony crap.

You fail, and fail, and continue to fail your miserable sony loving zombie.

Retroboy
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
@ Diztructor
You do realize I'm not from the UK right? I know of maybe 3 online UK retailers from having dealt with them previously (expansys & hmv) or in amazon's case, just because I use the US site a lot. As far as your link... it's still 70 pounds you flipping idiot. In your blind rage to defend your sadistic overlords you failed to see the only point I made regarding them you buffoon... SONY CRAP IS EXPENSIVE, just like you admit yourself you brain dead imbecile.

When you actually work for a living $$ does matter and the fact that, as I previously said, you can get 3 32gb minisd cards, almost 4 or alternatively you can get a 1TB portable hdd for the price you get 1 32gb sony card is ridiculous. All why? because you, and your lot love sony ramming you from behind. Out of all storage mediums sony has the most expensive one, it's fooking cheaper to get a 250gb SSD than get 64gb of sony crap.

You fail, and fail, and continue to fail your miserable sony loving zombie.

the only fool here is that didnt you state previously that your 16GB cost you x ammount, yet the 32GB used to be near or over £100, the one i got was £10 extra to what you paid.

so yes be it i am a sony fanboy if this means i wont simply b1tch over cr@p like you do, you never see anything other than your own cr@p you fail to notice why sony have not decided to use micro sd cards or duo cards.

end of the day you hate for what you dont understand, all new media formats are expensive to start off with so shut the feck up bitching, when you work for a living money matters if your in a dead end job yes, not when you actaully made something of yourself.

love the sony ramming you, ha ha ha go play on your slightly revamp nintendo console you troll, you fail the ammount of times ive fecking said this i play the 360 more than my ps3 so erm hows this add up to a sony fanboy jackass!!! ohh is it because i dont love sitting playing childish nintendo games such as pokemon and mario/zelda recycleware games.

ill yet again just sit back, watch nintendo brag how the wii u is printing money, then give 2-3 years look at what games its had then laugh at you, because nintendo allways have been a childs toy, thankfully my kids have grown up so i dont have to buy them one.

msanchez
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
You fecking moron, I provided links to the prices I was writing about... as opposed to you who are pulling prices out of your sony filled a$$, the one link you provided has the cards retailing for £69.99 which is $111.55 according to THIS (http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=69.99&From=GBP&To=USD).

Exactly why would you laugh at me? are you implying I give a damn about nintendo? LOL! sorry but I don't have any stakes in nintendo and openly criticize them, I'm also one of the first ones to say that I don't particularly like their games aside from Metroid, Zelda, and the odd rpg. Still, hasn't been enough to persude me to buy a nintendo product since the SNES though, so unlike I can laugh at you every time sony f*cks up, you would be losing your time if you think that how nintendo does affects me in any way. They are a much smarter company than sony is, because even without games (according to you) they are still making more money than your precious, and contrary to what your testicle for brains tells you these companies make consoles to make money off of them, not to please your lonely existence.

Now go crawl back under the crack in the floor you came from you pathetic dildo breaker.

IJTF_Cinder
04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
You know I think the biggest reason I still come here, is to see ONE persons Tool-assed Babbling, yes Diztructor.

Please Staff, don't wind up banning him...it would take all the fun out of this place, I'd have nobody to laugh my fucking ass off at.

Excuse me while I go change my pants, I pissed them while reading his posts and laughing.

msanchez
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
You know I think the biggest reason I still come here, is to see ONE persons Tool-assed Babbling, yes Diztructor.

Please Staff, don't wind up banning him...it would take all the fun out of this place, I'd have nobody to laugh my fucking ass off at.

Excuse me while I go change my pants, I pissed them while reading his posts and laughing.

Sometimes I suspect he's paid by the powers that be to be just a total dimwit, I mean I can't honestly believe somebody is THAT stupid... I would go against natural selection.

JonathanD
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM

Seems to be the one thing Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo fans can agree too! lol

Infinite_zero
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't disagree with the speculated 300$ price point, but I am curious as to what might be included. Nintendo did state that they learned a valuable lesson from the 3ds: that an expensive piece of tech with no games will just hurt them as sony is also finding out the hard way. I would bet that if there are not games that core gamers want, the system won't do well until it gets a price drop. I say core and not casual because I doubt casuals will want to put down 300 on a new console when wii fit and other more casual games work fine on their wii still. I'm still cautiously optimistic for the wii-u as I would love to see a proper console for this gen. While I know that it didn't save them, lets not forget that Sega released the Dreamcast at a weird point in the console span as well, and I feel like Nintendo is trying to do the same thing here. Is it a good strategy? who knows, but it could work when your company isn't on the brink to begin with. Also, I would like to say 2 things.

1. Nintendo Gamecube had the best graphics capabilities of that gen but poor 3rd party support and really poor support in general, which is why they just released a slightly better version with motion support in the wii. I recall statements by people in regards to how the motion gaming "fad" would fail and it was the end for nintendo and yet here we are, in an age where SKYRIM is getting support from a motion gaming inspired peripheral.

2. Nintendo, while perhaps a franchise milker, has possibly the most universally acclaimed library of first party games, by critics AND players, of any of the big three and probably any console contender all the way back to the MS and TG16. While they may not have 1000 new IPs a year, the titles they DO release Generally: have a good core concept, make good use, if not GREAT use of their hardware, Have excellent game mechanics, look at least decent given that the hardware is currently not HD and do not usually have game breaking bugs that need patched the day of release(in fact the only one I can recall, is the one on Zelda:SS). I would look to both MS and Sony to say the same for most of their core franchises. Also, if pikmin 3 is a launch title for the Wii-U(a big IF), I'm sold.

I say both these things, not from a fanboy point of view, but from someone who owns a wii and 360 and will probably get a ps3 if only for Ni No Kuni.

anyway, thats my opinion.

billysastard
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM

unfortunately from time to time he goes too far so the banhammer has to swing, but not to worry because he soon pops back up under a new name and the whole process begins again but yes, most do find him to be somewhat akin to the forum version of the court jester of old (and others find more like the village idiot).

billysastard
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't disagree with the speculated 300$ price point, but I am curious as to what might be included. Nintendo did state that they learned a valuable lesson from the 3ds: that an expensive piece of tech with no games will just hurt them as sony is also finding out the hard way. I would bet that if there are not games that core gamers want, the system won't do well until it gets a price drop. I say core and not casual because I doubt casuals will want to put down 300 on a new console when wii fit and other more casual games work fine on their wii still. I'm still cautiously optimistic for the wii-u as I would love to see a proper console for this gen. While I know that it didn't save them, lets not forget that Sega released the Dreamcast at a weird point in the console span as well, and I feel like Nintendo is trying to do the same thing here. Is it a good strategy? who knows, but it could work when your company isn't on the brink to begin with. Also, I would like to say 2 things.

1. Nintendo Gamecube had the best graphics capabilities of that gen but poor 3rd party support and really poor support in general, which is why they just released a slightly better version with motion support in the wii. I recall statements by people in regards to how the motion gaming "fad" would fail and it was the end for nintendo and yet here we are, in an age where SKYRIM is getting support from a motion gaming inspired peripheral.

2. Nintendo, while perhaps a franchise milker, has possibly the most universally acclaimed library of first party games, by critics AND players, of any of the big three and probably any console contender all the way back to the MS and TG16. While they may not have 1000 new IPs a year, the titles they DO release Generally: have a good core concept, make good use, if not GREAT use of their hardware, Have excellent game mechanics, look at least decent given that the hardware is currently not HD and do not usually have game breaking bugs that need patched the day of release(in fact the only one I can recall, is the one on Zelda:SS). I would look to both MS and Sony to say the same for most of their core franchises. Also, if pikmin 3 is a launch title for the Wii-U(a big IF), I'm sold.

I say both these things, not from a fanboy point of view, but from someone who owns a wii and 360 and will probably get a ps3 if only for Ni No Kuni.

anyway, thats my opinion.

included will be the console, power pack, pad controller, some kind of video lead (probably sd like the 360 / ps3) and some kind of starter disc now the big question is will it be another wii sport type thing which lets be honest sold millions of wii's on its own or something more hardcore or a combo or just demos, pikmin 3 and wii fit 3 are coming too but unknown when (maybe e3 will answer that ;) )

i think you'll find that metroid other m joined ss with a gamebreaker but it was easy to avoid and nintendo would patch your file (free) if you fucked up.

ni no kun has been delayed until into 2013 i'm afraid so you can wait a little longer to see if the ps3 falls in price some more (the news should be posted here soon(ish))

JonathanD
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
wait till you see this weeks sales figures because i think those losses are going up.

here is a hint, the latest vita sales figures share a great similarity with a very famous ship of 100 years ago this week

Looks like another high end competitor is about to join the long list of past systems that have lost to "inferior" hardware from Nintendo. Say what you want about home consoles, Nintendo has never lost the hand held market.

Getting a Wii-U at launch and avoiding any Sony products like the plague this next gen (looks like I am far from alone in that respect.) Probably will pick up Microsoft's console as a second, Microsoft seems to do things at odd numbers... Windows XP awesome, Windows Vista bad, Windows 7 awesome, Windows 8 looks like its going to be bad. So I am thinking original Xbox was awesome, 360 was slightly bad... So I am thinking that the next Xbox will be a solid machine.

Have to hand it to Nintendo, they seem to be the most consistent when it comes to hardware being reliable, the only Nintendo console I ever had to replace because of shoddy hardware was the NES.

billysastard
04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Looks like another high end competitor is about to join the long list of past systems that have lost to "inferior" hardware from Nintendo.

about to join?

original vita shipment for launch 500k (with an additional 200k reserve)
week one vita sales (inc pre orders and grey exports)
324,859 units.
vita sales from its second week to present
326,562 units

total vita lifetime sales in japan
651,421 units

good job they had that extra 200k units in reserve for its launch day isnt it;) ?

glug glug glug :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/dzhs7s.png

that said the vita did manage to beat the wii by 25k units in america last month to keep hold of its now customary 4th place behind the 3ds, ps3 and 360 although sales across the board were badly down on last year (around -25%).

JonathanD
04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
about to join?

original vita shipment for launch 500k (with an additional 200k reserve)
week one vita sales (inc pre orders and grey exports)
324,859 units.
vita sales from its second week to present
326,562 units

total vita lifetime sales in japan
651,421 units

good job they had that extra 200k units in reserve for its launch day isnt it;) ?

glug glug glug :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/dzhs7s.png

that said the vita did manage to beat the wii by 25k units in america last month to keep hold of its now customary 4th place behind the 3ds, ps3 and 360 although sales across the board were badly down on last year (around -25%).

Honestly Wii sales being down is hardly a surprise, everyone knows the Wii-U is right around the corner and I think the market for home consoles is pretty much saturated right now with the bulk of sales being replacement units or 2nd and 3rd game systems. (In other words not too many "new" buyers.)

I think Vita sales will dip even further though until some sort of massive game gets people interested in the machine.

Infinite_zero
04-13-2012, 08:36 PM
included will be the console, power pack, pad controller, some kind of video lead (probably sd like the 360 / ps3) and some kind of starter disc now the big question is will it be another wii sport type thing which lets be honest sold millions of wii's on its own or something more hardcore or a combo or just demos, pikmin 3 and wii fit 3 are coming too but unknown when (maybe e3 will answer that ;) )

i think you'll find that metroid other m joined ss with a gamebreaker but it was easy to avoid and nintendo would patch your file (free) if you fucked up.

ni no kun has been delayed until into 2013 i'm afraid so you can wait a little longer to see if the ps3 falls in price some more (the news should be posted here soon(ish))

Good to know that a pack in game is making a return, I just hope its amazing. Maybe its just the demos that have been shown already, though(Find Mii or whatever it was called, Chase Mii, Battle Mii). As for metroid I do remember that there was a problem now but I never played it personally, my mistake though. Alas I found out about the Ni No Kuni delay after I wrote that post and it saddens me.

billysastard
04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
As for metroid I do remember that there was a problem now but I never played it personally, my mistake though.

i played it (and went through the door when it opened so no gamebreaker for me ;) but it really wasnt that great after prime trilogy.

i just hope that pandoras tower is fine as i picked up my limited edition copy yesterday morning and i'm planning on having a thrash at it this weekend and if possible i'd like to get it finished before my witcher 2 EE arrives next weekend.