PDA

View Full Version : GT: Wii U launch line-up is looking 'pretty damn good'

garyopa
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
According to Gametrailers.com editor in Chief.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKLS0000007187/icon_xl.jpg

According to Shane Shatterfield from Gametrailers, the Wii U launch line-up will be pretty damn good. But he didn't share any other details...

In this weekend episode of Invisible Walls on Gametrailers, Shane Shatterfield, Editor in Chief of the website, talked about the third-party support for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U. And this came up:

“One thing that I can say without getting in any trouble is that the launch line-up for the Wii U is going to surprise people. It’s going to be pretty damn good.”

Let's hope so. But, in order to this statement to 'be true' for you, what games would you like to see in launch day? (apart from the already announced ones, of course)

NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471110
NEWS SOURCE #2: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/21/wii-u-launch-line-up-is-looking-pretty-damn-good/

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

billysastard
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
what games would you like to see in launch day? (apart from the already announced ones, of course)

gta 5
blastcorps hd
disaster: day of crisis 2
wii sports 3
command and conquer 4 (or other rts)

Retroboy
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
gta 5

kidding right?? not that im a fan of gta games any more (because theyre simply like nintendo games, same sh1t over n over) but if it did get gta 5 aka games for adult gamers not 99% childish pokecr@p and mario/zelda recycleware games then id buy the wii.

but im not falling for launch titles to find the next great must have game be a year or two apart (leaving a tiny hand full through the systems entire life) so im still waiting 2-3 years before even thinking of getting one, because im almost certain how this sytem will end up one because its nintendo and two because of the iFAD controller.

billysastard
04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
why would i kid, if the console can run it why would any company want to hold back a big selling title on a machine thats going to sell millions and wont require a massive extra investment to produce a vastly different version.

oh and what are you going to stupidly call the wii u controller once your lords and masters release their inferior copy of it?

Retroboy
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
why would i kid, if the console can run it why would any company want to hold back a big selling title on a machine thats going to sell millions and wont require a massive extra investment to produce a vastly different version.

oh and what are you going to stupidly call the wii u controller once your lords and masters release their inferior copy of it?

this is a true die hard fanboy statement, "extra investment" yet erm what i said is true, i love to see you prove different.

lets keep it simple, you go into any game shop and find these adult games such as gta 4 that both MS and SONY have... ohh wait you dont because other than a tiny handfull nintendo is more of a childs toy.

inferior copy erm sure ok lets see PS2 had eye toy which was before your beloved nintendo wii, which the PS3 version was the same idea only difference with a want.

which in FACT is more accurate than the sh1te nintendo claimed the wii to be, but saying that, the kinect p1sses all over both.

its even great how you say others copy nintendo when theyre completely different, yet its iFAD controller isnt just copied from the ipad but with buttons added.

but anyways nice to see your excited over someone saying the launch line up is looking good but hmm where are the games , "ive got something ace in my pocket.... but im not gona tell you" LAME!!!

ill soon be proven right when it comes out, that the wii u will have the same kind of games that the previous 2 nintendo console had...

nintendo fanboys are teh best, they call others idiots ect yet theyre blind to even see whats in front of them, they actually believe that the great games sony/ms have, are also available on nintendo erm no theyre not and can never prove it

sotsog
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
And you claim he sounds like a die hard fan boy.

billysastard
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM

you couldnt get the plain fact that hes a fanboy into his brain* if you etched it onto a pick axe and planted it there yourself.

(*copyright sony corp)

Retroboy
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

hey i just say how it is, the reasons i get bored of playing nintendo consoles is for this exact reason, the games it lacks, some guy says the line up is gone be good but doesnt say anything is pointless.

billy here goes to mention one game that nintendo has never had on a home console, why would they start now.

not my problem some people cant admit the fact that nintendo has more games aimed for childeren than it has adults "mature" games.

sotsog
04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
I could care less about "mature" games. All I care about is if they are actually fun and Nintendo has delivered on that front more than anyone else.

Nintendo may not have as many mature games but as a company they aim to hit the largest demographic possible with their titles. If this means a lack of blood or profanity in game play I think I can survive. Sometimes I feel the addition of these effects boosting a rating to a T or M level are completely unnecessary.

Third party games that are "mature" still sneek in. I mean Manhunt2 was for the wii, carmagetton was violent for its time, shadow man, Conker, Eternal darkness, Resident Evil, Madworld ect. The Wii hasn't had as many but that's because companies understand that the older gamers have a PS3 or 360 and will not take the extra step to dumb down the game for the Wii. If the Wii was able to handle these games I'm sure they would be ported.

Nintendo has always had a good relationship with Rockstar in fact there's Bully (rockstar game), Grand Theft Auto Advance, Grand Theft Auto China Town Wars, Grand Theft Auto 64 (was in development). I don't think it's a bad idea to speculate GTA V for WiiU.

LKJHGFDSA
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Good to know.

I am very worried about the Wii U's lineup. From what we've seen it'd be expected to only see dated PS3/360 ports within the first few months of the Wii U's release. Along with mediocre 1st party titles. (Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. Mii, Wii U Sports)

What titles would I like to see on release day? Well something original.
Atleast a couple first party games and some high quality (i.e. not shovelware) 3rd party titles.
It's not hard. (Though the 3DS & Vita made it look hard.)
Would be great to see some download games too.

As for GTA V on the Wii U. Yeah I'd love to see that.
Plus it's not too unlikely given the reasons sotsog said above along with Rockstar seeming to have a fancy for adding touch screen controls/features on some of their games for mobile devices. (GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA III, L.A. Noire, Max Payne)
I think they'd enjoy doing GTA V for the Wii U.
I'd still say it's unlikely though.

Retroboy
04-24-2012, 03:10 AM
they go on about nintendo somehow are the only console that makes fun games, erm one of the wii's downfall for me was the fact that 99.9% of its games was only playable with the wiimote, which need i say its not the controller that makes the game fun, its the game itself.

having to sit/stand with your wiimote pointing at the screen for evey game is a pain in the ar5e, the wiimote made some games annoying to play which took away its "fun" factor, if nintendo didnt just focus of gimmick controllers that personally shouldnt be forced as its primary controller, it should be optional support for the games.

and pat on the back, you named very few of the games that i found was worth keeping on the GC, but my point was all the rest of the games were mainly childeren, the wii had less of these great games, you may want to ignor this but nintendo will never get a GTA game on its home console, if they was Rockstar would have done some from GTA3, end of the day its more money they could be making.

but its kinda pointless now, clearly some people dont want to admit it, nor can the see whats already happened with the last 2 systems, will just wait for it to launch and watch its shovel ware games roll in constanly just like the wii has, leaving the great 3rd party games to a very minimum.... oh also the last gen ports, which nintendo gamers could have had on the wii, if only nintendo wasnt cheap and actually made a system instead of a slightly re vamped last gen.

take the 3ds as a perfect example, its lack of resources causing slow downs in games, disabling 3D features to run, not to mention aswell mobile phones look better and the 3DS is supposed to be a games console. ohh and the lack of games is already showing on the 3DS, it really is a shame the games i was waiting for ended up been a disapointment with the slowdowns and turning 3d off, also tiny screen and lack of a 2nd circle pad (you think ill go out and give nintendo more money for something they should have anticipated)

DEDDOA
04-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Ah I see the resident Nintendo moaner is out in force, the wii could cure cancer and he would only winge that it would have been cured better on a PS3 if they had wanted to do it. Get over yourself bud, the wii showed there were more people who wanted it and it's games than your toy, no need to be disappointed you don't have one. You are doing the classic insecure fanboy rants, the one where you are actually wishing you had one but as you don't you just say it's rubbish, I bet you say girls smell as well while wishing you had a girlfriend. Don't tell me tho, you have an imaginary wii and a girlfriend and you still dislike the wii and think she smells ;).

Anyway, I am kind of looking forward to the Wii U, I think the controll scheme i goinf to be a real boon for console games, as in the very least it does somthing no dual analogue pad has managed to do, or at least it does it better, offer a viable keyboard and mouse type controll scheme that can be easily used on the sofa (anyone who has tried to play their pc on the sofa knows the keyboard mouse nightmare trying to find room for both on somthing that is still comfortable to use). I look forward to the MS rip off as I'll be able to no doubt use it with no issues on the PC (especially as all except the chat pad have become pretty much windows controllers, with the 360 pad even becoming the default pc game pad).

Retroboy
04-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Ah I see the resident Nintendo moaner is out in force, the wii could cure cancer and he would only winge that it would have been cured better on a PS3 if they had wanted to do it. Get over yourself bud, the wii showed there were more people who wanted it and it's games than your toy, no need to be disappointed you don't have one. You are doing the classic insecure fanboy rants, the one where you are actually wishing you had one but as you don't you just say it's rubbish, I bet you say girls smell as well while wishing you had a girlfriend. Don't tell me tho, you have an imaginary wii and a girlfriend and you still dislike the wii and think she smells ;).

Anyway, I am kind of looking forward to the Wii U, I think the controll scheme i goinf to be a real boon for console games, as in the very least it does somthing no dual analogue pad has managed to do, or at least it does it better, offer a viable keyboard and mouse type controll scheme that can be easily used on the sofa (anyone who has tried to play their pc on the sofa knows the keyboard mouse nightmare trying to find room for both on somthing that is still comfortable to use). I look forward to the MS rip off as I'll be able to no doubt use it with no issues on the PC (especially as all except the chat pad have become pretty much windows controllers, with the 360 pad even becoming the default pc game pad).

the wii showed that people will buy the cheaper console, it did not show the great games that the 360/ps3 had.

i do own a wii, have done since launch and all it does is sit there because it has cr@p games, dont cry because you dont like to hear people say this about nintendo consoles.

if im a fanboy, pick a console that im a fanboy to, because i love both my 360 and ps3 equally.

end of the day, you can ask anyone who isnt a die hard nintendo fanboy, this simple question, "do you find nintendo consoles games are mainly for children".

the wii u controller is what, a iFAD clone, ohh the motion controll "copied from six axsis"

ohh boring now, MS copy, Sony copy, yet nintendo apparently invent all this cr@p... sure thing, ohh and for your info this controller is the one ripping off, its a iFAD with ps3's six axsis, and cameras like the vita.

hmmm end of the day, jsut sit and wait and watch the same cr@p get released just like the GC/WII had and you enjoy playing last gen ports that us MS/SONY gamers have already played

Mr.Do!
04-24-2012, 08:13 AM
the wii showed that people will buy the cheaper console, it did not show the great games that the 360/ps3 had.

i do own a wii, have done since launch and all it does is sit there because it has cr@p games, dont cry because you dont like to hear people say this about nintendo consoles.

if im a fanboy, pick a console that im a fanboy to, because i love both my 360 and ps3 equally.

end of the day, you can ask anyone who isnt a die hard nintendo fanboy, this simple question, "do you find nintendo consoles games are mainly for children".

the wii u controller is what, a iFAD clone, ohh the motion controll "copied from six axsis"

ohh boring now, MS copy, Sony copy, yet nintendo apparently invent all this cr@p... sure thing, ohh and for your info this controller is the one ripping off, its a iFAD with ps3's six axsis, and cameras like the vita.

hmmm end of the day, jsut sit and wait and watch the same cr@p get released just like the GC/WII had and you enjoy playing last gen ports that us MS/SONY gamers have already played

lol.. Why so angry? Boy am i glad i just like to play games.. And dont need to stress over the ones i dont play...

Retroboy
04-24-2012, 08:31 AM
lol.. Why so angry? Boy am i glad i just like to play games.. And dont need to stress over the ones i dont play...

i aint angry, i just dont like paying for a console that has 5 - 10 games max that i find are must have games in its entire life.

i dont sit and make out that others are the ones copying, when if theyre to actually look at it, compare the wii actually does suck, its not innovative, its not even motion control, the sensor has no idea what movements your actually making, it guesses, the kinect is the only one of all 3 thats actually motion controll.

im not going to be a sheep and flock in on this iFAD controller, its clear nintendo are just shoveling loads of features into this controller (which i think should be optional) and like what we saw on the GC then the Wii, is nintendo forgot about the games.

you can ask any gamer (not a fantroll) nintendo allways lacks the games, theyre more for children.

i guess that makes me a fanboy because i dont want to play mario kart, zelda, mario, pokemon games or simlar all the time.

just makes me laugh that people who love nintendo so much simply do not like to hear the truth that people actually do find nintendo consoles childish, i loved the quote of i dont own a wii, lol whys that is it because i own one and still find it a sack o sh1te for a console, that dude didnt like to hear it pmsl

billysastard
04-24-2012, 09:37 AM
i aint angry, i just dont like paying for a console that has 5 - 10 games max that i find are must have games in its entire life.

i dont sit and make out that others are the ones copying, when if theyre to actually look at it, compare the wii actually does suck, its not innovative, its not even motion control, the sensor has no idea what movements your actually making, it guesses, the kinect is the only one of all 3 thats actually motion controll.

im not going to be a sheep and flock in on this iFAD controller, its clear nintendo are just shoveling loads of features into this controller (which i think should be optional) and like what we saw on the GC then the Wii, is nintendo forgot about the games.

you can ask any gamer (not a fantroll) nintendo allways lacks the games, theyre more for children.

i guess that makes me a fanboy because i dont want to play mario kart, zelda, mario, pokemon games or simlar all the time.

just makes me laugh that people who love nintendo so much simply do not like to hear the truth that people actually do find nintendo consoles childish, i loved the quote of i dont own a wii, lol whys that is it because i own one and still find it a sack o sh1te for a console, that dude didnt like to hear it pmsl

http://i42.tinypic.com/aey247.jpg

just for you

JonathanD
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM

Then grow a brain and don't buy one.

Spare us hearing you whine about it for years.

Only a complete moron buys something that they hate the main franchises on.

sped
04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Where do you get the facts that its a copy of the ipad?? Man to me this looks like a large version of the ds!! Haha top screen been ya tv and bottom screen been the pad. Why so negative about something that is'nt even out yet? True the Wii came, it saw, it kicked ass with the other 2 consoles, then died because people was bored of it. But i can bet all your family as played on one, and enjoyed it. now stop moaning because lets face it you'll buy one the first day they come out, as it sounds like you've every other console!!

Battlefield
04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
What makes a game mature?

Blood and gore never made a game mature. Games with BRAINS makes a game mature.

A game isnt mature only because of age rating of 18. "Only" people over 18 can buy it, but most which think these brainless games is fun is 14 year olds.

Mature games is RTS, flight sims, racing etc. and a few Nintendo games among other things. Games that suits any age, and older people is MATURE.

Games for youngsters is immature. COD, GTA 4 etc..

JonathanD
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM

Blood and gore never made a game mature. Games with BRAINS makes a game mature.

A game isnt mature only because of age rating of 18. "Only" people over 18 can buy it, but most which think these brainless games is fun is 14 year olds.

Mature games is RTS, flight sims, racing etc. and a few Nintendo games among other things. Games that suits any age, and older people is MATURE.

Games for youngsters is immature. COD, GTA 4 etc..

Just have to agree with this 120%, it seems to me that mostly kids around 16-24 worry about being "mature". After that age most people have grown up enough to not worry about what other people think of them. Hell I will sit and play a Mario game out in public and answer any questions people have to ask or at the doctors office even let kids play with my DS. Makes a great conversation starter for all those cute mothers :)

If I am having fun making Mario jump on somethings head then screw everyone else damn it, I am having fun and thats all that matters.

billysastard
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM

to some people the r trigger ;)

if that doesn't kill someone online then its a kiddie game.

Battlefield
04-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Just have to agree with this 120%, it seems to me that mostly kids around 16-24 worry about being "mature". After that age most people have grown up enough to not worry about what other people think of them. Hell I will sit and play a Mario game out in public and answer any questions people have to ask or at the doctors office even let kids play with my DS. Makes a great conversation starter for all those cute mothers :)

If I am having fun making Mario jump on somethings head then screw everyone else damn it, I am having fun and thats all that matters.

I always liked Mario platformers too, because they are fun. :)

When thats said, i have played brainless immature games like COD, Halo, Gears of War, Resistance, Killzone.....but COD and Halo gets boring fast.

Resistance (PS3) and Gears of War (360) is my top 2 "kiddie" game series. :) As for mature games, i play everything from puzzles to racing.

Battlefield
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
to some people the r trigger ;)

if that doesn't kill someone online then its a kiddie game.

Hehe..R trigger is they key to mature'ness.. It makes you feel like you are 90 year old when playing a game. ;)