PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the launch of MaxConsole Underground

garyopa
05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
After many hard months of planning, we are ready for the next step in expanding this site!

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000000710/icon_xl.jpg

As many of you know, MaxConsole has been around the 'net for long time, and the Video Gaming World is always expanding, so now we are launching a special section for all those hardcore underground'ers

In the Video Gaming World, there is many types of different gamers, and some of them are not happy with how their off-the-shelf devices operate from the major companies like Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or now the new players in the handheld gaming world being Android and iOS, so to that end we have decided to launch 'MaxConsole Underground' that will fit the needs of those wishing to open up their console and explore the insides, and do things like running emulators, or just want to change the case look & feel.

You will notice now on the front-page of 'MaxConsole', two little triangles on the top-left, the new 'Undeground' one is Blue, with the normal mainstream news being a 'Green' icon.

So depending on your gaming needs, you will be able to quickly select the type of gaming news you wish to read on daily visits, and we have also expanded the forums to handle all the needed topics and subjects, and we welcome your suggestions on what also needs to be added or improved, as its not easy knowing what all of our 300k+ members wish to read or write about, but I am sure you enjoy the big changes we launched today.

MaxConsole UNDERGROUND: Visit the Underground News Page (http://www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconsole/rknewz.pl?ug=yes)
MaxConsole v2.0 (Normal): Visit the MainStream News Page (http://www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconsole/rknewz.pl?ug=no)

wewii
05-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Cool idea!

Kaos2K
05-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Very nice! ;)

Xenogears V
05-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Very nice.

HyperG
05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Site is showing up real messed up in Firefox 12.0 on mac. Tried attaching a screenshot but your forum won't allow a jpeg or png when I try (filesize is only under 200 kb).

Anil8tr
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Site is showing up real messed up in Firefox 12.0 on mac. Tried attaching a screenshot but your forum won't allow a jpeg or png when I try (filesize is only under 200 kb).

Same here.

billysastard
05-04-2012, 06:48 PM

host it on tinypic.com then use the [ img] tags ;) set size on tinypic to 800 from the dropdown so it fits the forum screen for most people.

H2o
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Damn , i see, but at the moment i dont know what i do wrong here, the text does simply not wrap inside the table :S
And sadly on FF i see this problem only ! Chrome and Safari works without probs ...

<table width="400" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td height="40" align="left" valign="top"><span class="Stil7">SUBHEADLINE</span><strong><span class="text10px"><br />
</span></strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="100" align="left" valign="top"><table width="390" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="eins">
<tr>
<td width="390" align="left" valign="top" style="word-break:break-all;word-wrap:break-word" ><span class="Stil7" >
DESC
</span></td>
</tr>
</table>

rubberducky89
05-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Glad you are expanding, maybe there will more news updates...
on that hand, your visit banner in the upper left hand gets in the way of articles that i am trying to read on my 50inch plasma... just some feedback figured if you put it in the right hand of the page or add a way to close it, it wouldnt be so bad... also the redirects are kind of weird. i click on something on maxconsole, and i end up in maxconsole underground with the formatting all off. didnt know if you aware of any of these issues

Kaos2K
05-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Firefox 8 for Mac is working well (i use chrome, thats why i still have FF8) so i supposse its a problem with recent versions

EDIT: I just updated to the last version of Firefox (12.0) and the forums are still looking right. Maybe you guys have some plug-in installed which is interfering? Ad-Block or similar?

garyopa
05-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah working out the glitchs.

For some reason on the latest IE9 and Firefox, the formatting is weird.

Also I agree the corner icon at the top-left, on some screen res. over lap the logo and news selection, whereas on the top-right it would be fine!

H2o
05-04-2012, 09:15 PM
We gonna make it smaller once the message had clear arrived ...
its wanted that you cant miss it ... At the moment the NONE LINEBREAKING content inside a table makes me more crazy than just a gfx :S

GaussTek
05-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Looks good on Chrome, but shame about the messed up layout on FF 12, as is the one I use more often.

But pretty nice launch overall! :very_drunk:

LKJHGFDSA
05-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Great, I like this.

H2o
05-05-2012, 04:31 AM
I think i got rid of this problem, please report if its fine now ...

I really had to define by css that the word-wrap has to be normal :S

jamsplodge
05-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Awesome! This kind of news is why I originally came to Maxconsole. When you announced that you'd be covering more of the legitimate side of gaming I was a little disappointed. No I am happy again :)

garyopa
05-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Awesome! This kind of news is why I originally came to Maxconsole. When you announced that you'd be covering more of the legitimate side of gaming I was a little disappointed. No I am happy again :)

Yep, it is my plan to get this site back to being one of the best in the 'scene' with alot of active posters.

THere still a few glitchs to work out with the frontpage but it is working better, just a small IE9 bug to fix now.

GaussTek
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep, looking great now on FF 12! :very_drunk:

hitman43
05-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, back 2 the roots baby!

TinyBilbo
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Any way to put the 2 sites, back together again (or aggregate a rss feed or something),
I'm already finding it a pain to have to visit 2 sites now.
The reason I started using Maxconsole, was because it merged underground with mainstream.

I'm all for change on the design, but chopping the site in 2, just is'nt the way to go.

It just dilutes the site, and you'll end with 2 sets of visitors, which will make the forums sparse,
(and they're already shadows of their former selves)...

garyopa
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Any way to put the 2 sites, back together again (or aggregate a rss feed or something),
I'm already finding it a pain to have to visit 2 sites now.
The reason I started using Maxconsole, was because it merged underground with mainstream.

I'm all for change on the design, but chopping the site in 2, just is'nt the way to go.

It just dilutes the site, and you'll end with 2 sets of visitors, which will make the forums sparse,
(and they're already shadows of their former selves)...

I will discuss that with the webcoder and such, for now the 'Twitter' @maxconsoletweet is your best bet it covers all the news together, as the RSS Feed is still missing in action someplace lost in the bites and bytes.

Maybe a digest of the news post can be made available on the each web side page, besides just the last 5 twitter results at the top-right side, as we get more then 40 a day now in news, so that is just a sample of the last hour or so of new news.

You can also just visit the forums and select the 'What's New' (http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post) button to see new threads since your last visit.