PDA

View Full Version : GCoS now auto-reloads backups without restarting!

emu_kidid
05-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I have been tinkering with sources and I have just got GCoS to Reload a game from within another. This is a first on the Gamecube - Just remember GCoS has it first! :)

For the full story check:

http://www.gamecubeos.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=14

Let me know what you think of this idea.

Paterchon
05-14-2006, 09:08 AM
This Idea is great.
I can not wait.

Bye

DRK
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
This Idea is great.
I can not wait.

Bye

Me too! :)

CZroe
05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Is it possible to load more than one copy of GCOS on a mem card and select the one you want from within the one that booted first? ie, load GCOS 1.4 from memory card where I can then choose to load GCOS 1.5 for a multi-disc game or the modified GCOS 1.5 for the game reset and reload feature? I understand that the game reloading code is not needed for AR memcard users (mostly for the PSO folks, but I will be using both). It'd be sort of a brute-force way around the current versions not being able to detect if a game is part of a two-disc set or a stand-alone disc.

Also, considering that the game behavior normaly requires that you close the lid with the same disc in it, could this crash the game if you accidentally opened the lid? I've never understood how an Action Replay can occupy the same memory that a game expects to be free and use system resources without crashing the game. I imagine that it's like real-time DOS applications competing for resources. There is no operating system managing it!

emu_kidid
05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
I'll simply code in that if the game is still the same after opening closing the lid, then just resume. This will make it work for 2 disc games perfectly too as they contain the same gameID.

emu_kidid
05-15-2006, 07:47 AM
I've been testing it out, I managed to go from Metroid Prime 2 to Snes9xGC :P

him_valo
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
great news!
I've always wondered whehter this was possible but now it seems it is :D

anyway keep up the fantastic work and i can't wait for the first release ;)

Neosophist
05-15-2006, 02:52 PM
The simplest ideas are always the best, even if they are hard to implement!

What a great and useful idea :)

Hobbes
05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
sweet work!

DRK
05-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I've been testing it out, I managed to go from Metroid Prime 2 to Snes9xGC :P

Do you already have a rough estimate when we can expect the next (beta) relase of GCOS? Excuse me for asking but I can't wait to let this 'new' feature hit my GameCube! :cool:

NeoNight
05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
niiiice. Great job emu kidd!

CUBERT
05-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow great work.....now all it's missing is to get ride of first booting with AR disk. If it's possible to boot another game without it....why not at first place?

Continu Emu_kidid you are the best.

TaSpain
06-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello, I am beginning in this. At the outset by the emulation in Gamecube, I made the step do an Adapter to me SD for Gamecube.

I knew the existence GamecubeOS, and the possibility of loading it from a SDcard Card.

My tests, have taken to me to try to load a DVD-R of 8cm Verbatim, with diverse files, including some *.dol, to execute them from the GCOS.

I cannot mount the DVD-R iso9660, in this way.

Yes I have been able to load Backups, ISO/GCM, burned in the Mini DVD-R, to 2X, because to 4X they fail the reading.

Of four Titles, single I have been able to load two of them.

I am using GCOS 2 Disc Libogc Public Beta, because not with himself nothing from version 1.5 .

CAN HELP TO SOLVE THE FAILURE ME?

Spanish user - TaSpain (From Spain)

emu_kidid
06-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Since you are a softmod user, you probably dont want to open up your gamecube but you may want to research "tweaking the laser pot"

him_valo
06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Any news on a teaser release of this? i don't want to sound like i'm rushing you to release this because i'm not! I appreciate all the hard work you put into GCoS and i can't wait to see this new version

emu_kidid
06-23-2006, 07:18 PM
It's on it's way. Right now there's a bit of work involved in making it do the reloading process more than one time, because it is lost in memory after it is done more than once.

DaiG[O]
06-24-2006, 04:52 AM
I still hope for a normal viper version in a simple .vgc flashable format ;)